My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Sands at Grace Bay at the beginning of February. We stayed in a garden view studio room on the 2nd floor in building 6 (which is the farthest building from the beach). We really liked the location of our room. The resort is small, so despite being the farthest building from the beach, it was only a one-minute (or so) walk. The resort is made up by 6-7 buildings making a U-shape around a series of swimming pools connected by streams. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and well-kept. Each room had a screened balcony with a couple of armchairs and a little table. When not at the beach, we sat there eating/drinking, watching people going to and from the beach. Check-in and check-out were easy, no problems. There’s a shuttle that took us from the airport to the hotel and back for $11 per person per trip, no reservation required. Room was cleaned/tidied up daily. Our room had a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, plates and silverware, which we used quite a bit. TV seemed to have the regular channels. The beach was pretty and clean. Plenty of chairs were available. People would call in to have chairs and umbrellas set up for them, but it definitely was not necessary to call ahead and we never did. Beach towels were always available. Everybody at the resort was genuinely nice to us: smiles, helpful, no attitude. Their on-site restaurant, Hemmingway’s, cooks good food. We ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner or took food to our room. The resort is a bit far to walk (although we did) to the supermarket and some other restaurants, but they have bikes you can take (free), and that way it’s only a 7-10 minute trip (and it’s fun to ride a bike). There were quite a bit of families with little kids, but it was not at all bothersome. There seemed to be an even mix of young and older couples and families with kids. Overall, it was a lovely trip, a very accommodating property with pretty grounds and good amenities (hammocks, hospitality lounge). We would return here again and definitely recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales