2,126 results
All reviews quiet pool mango reef pelican bay restaurant botanical view coco bistro ocean view grocery store grace bay quiet zone club med washer and dryer full kitchen stayed in building rented a car beautiful beach third floor free bikes
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Our 4th visit to the TCI and 2nd to RWI. This is a gorgeous resort with wonderful staff - Calvin and Chef Nik amongst many others always greeting you with a smile. Beautifully maintained grounds and a wonderful setting on Grace Bay beach. Our beachfront "Captain's Suite" (see VRBO) was exceptional.

Room tip: Beachfront 2nd & 3rd floor rooms have spectacular views but are a little closer to Club Med, so you do hear some music from late afternoon into the evening.
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Meant to write this months ago, but here goes... 3 out of 3 times spent at the RWI Resort was glorious. Of course like many others, once you visit gorgeous Turks and Caicos you will never want to visit any other beach resort. The first 2 visits were just my teen daughter and myself. We stayed in a botanical studio which was perfect for 2. Clean and very comfortable. But I wanted to tell about the above and beyond service during our last trip in August. This time my husband joined us and we took the one bedroom botanical. Our room was great, but our daughter was to use the pull out sofa bed. Obviously not the same comfort level as a real bed and she was not a happy camper. I cannot thank Jeffrey Boland the general manager, Sherman and Housekeeping staff enough for seeing to it that our daughter was made comfortable. They brought in a regular mattress instead, carrying it in the heat. Another place would have just said "Sorry". The staff has a real sense of pride in where they work and that does make a difference! Alisyn Manas

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Violet294
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The Royal West Indies was more than we expected, This resort is a slower paced resort being on the smaller size. The suites were spacious and fully loaded with all the comforts of home. The lay out of the resort also impressed us, so much privacy with all suites hidden behind lush tropical trees and amazing flowering plants. My husband and I were so enchanted by the scent of an unknown flower that blooms at night and gives off the the most exotic scent. The quiet pool was the most relaxing space, we loved it. The staff as usual was friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Another nice aspect is the resort has bicycles for the guests to use, another nice touch. The bar at the Royal was delightful, they made the best rum punch, nice place to hang out anytime of day. The bed was the most comfortable anywhere, sheets were soft and crisp. The suites were meticulously maintained. We will always stay at the Royal West Indies when we visit again

Room tip: Have only stayed on ground floor, and it was perfect
1  Thank mimi040
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My wife and I traveled with another couple and stayed in a garden room. The walk to the beach each day is through beautiful garden paths. The grounds are well maintained by a very friendly team of workers. We took advantage of the bikes and rode ot the store several times for groceries to save on the expensive restaurant fare. We will go back!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at the RWI this long weekend in January for our honeymoon. Considering the time of the year (peak season for beach destinations) I knew i'll be able to only afford a 3-4 day trip. They've exceeded all my expectations. I booked only 3 weeks in advance but still got the best room on the property given the fact that I had a big list of specifications... had to be quiet, 'full' oceanfront and impecceably clean. I also mentioned I was on honeymoon. I'm surprised and admire how accomodating the resort was with my requests or maybe I just got really lucky!

Sherman the bellboy greeted us and offered fruit punch while we were completing formalities for check-in. He's really couteous and hospitable. The front desk functions like robots though! Its as if they dont like their jobs at all. Although they were efficient and I didnt have any problems during my stay but compared to all the other staff and eveyone else they seem out of place.

I had the best room imaginable; an oceanfront studio in Building 1. The view from the balcony is worth a postcard! Very clean & well kept. Housekeeping did a good job every morning to keep it that way. Everything was upto the high standards we wanted except for water for drinking. We have to buy our own supply from the stores or from the front desk for a high markup! Nevertheless a small thing but worth mentioning. Landscaping through out the property is awesome. The pool areas, the gardens, trees and flowers all well kept and maintained.

The Pelican Bay restaurant is great; once you've gone out and explored the island it wouldnt be so bad to pay for the high priced food. With the time and effort needed to venture out either on bicycles or cab we were better off eating at the resort. The bar is well stocked and you absolutely Have To meet up with Calvin and Chef Nick. They always seemed to lighten up the atmosphere with their jokes, the smiles and the service. Chef Nick is like a master of all trades with cooking, dancing and singing. Calvin serves the drinks on the bar and on the beach too! Great guy. I tipped him well and he always showed us some extra love and generosity with our drinks!

Another thing, make sure you check whats going on the over the week and you could plan your trip to enjoy of the specials the restaurant offers. We were lucky to get the barbeque at the beach on Friday night with bonfire and music! Totally worth it! They had a slow rosted pork (about 8hrs) Jerk Chicken and grilled Fish (Mahi-Mahi) along with salads and pasta etc. I wasn't very keen on the pork since my wife squirmed by the look of the pig's head kept around the table. Chef Nick noticed that and while we ate our chicken and fish, he carved off some of the pork and had a waiter present it to us in plate at our table. I really admire him for that and this shows how much it means for these people to genuinely make sure we have a good time on their island!

Special mention for Chef Peter; one of the best in the Carribean. He's from England but has settled down in Provo and fires up the best barbeques I've ever had! One afternoon he cooked jerked chicken right on the beach and I ate so much that I actually dozed off for a couple of hours on the beach. That and a few beers did it.

The beach staff is great; they're always helping out with towels, drinks and even with equipment if you need help. After dark, you can always see security staff patroling the premises. They also keep a watch if you've been out on the beach for a night walk without intruding your privacy!

We walked to the nearby stores one night but on the last day we chose to use the bikes available on property for 2hr rentals. By walk its 15-20 minutes to Ports of Call, the nearest commercial strip with souvenier shops, resurants, Bank/ATM and the supermarket.

Given the high expectations we both had with "this trip" we're very happy and had a memorable trip. I'm coming back for sure.

Room tip: Building 1, 2 are closest to the beach...for oceanfront preferences. Garden/botanical view room are good too.
5  Thank RSinghs