Book In Advance
Tours from Sun Charters tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews sunset cruise glow worms captain dave chips and salsa rum punch pine cay day sail beautiful sailboat private charter wonderful sunset sand dollars friendly crew set sail deserted beach turks caicos ship wreck highlight of our trip
Reviewed 10 October 2018

During my trip to Turks I went on two adventures with the Atabeyra. The first excursion was an island hopping/snorkling tour. David and his team are amazing! They took us to the most beautiful spots on the island to snorkle. The water was crystal clear. The staff was beyond friendly with lots of helpful tips.

The second excursion was a sunset cruise. This is one of my favorite things I have ever done. Seeing the sunset while on the ocean was beautiful beyond words. The sky was a hundred colors. Looked like a Bob Ross painting. After it got dark, the sky was full of stars and we could even see Mars. We also saw glow worms light up the ocean. This was a first class unforgettable experience. I highly recommend both excursions with the Atabeyra!

1  Thank Shila L
Reviewed 10 October 2018

As a frequent visitor to the islands, I ALWAYS book a sail with the Atabeyra! David is an amazing host who is full of knowledge about the islands. The sunset sails on Friday nights are super fun. Booking a day snorkeling trip is a great way to see other Caicos islands. But, should you be on island for the glow worm tour, DO NOT MISS IT. Watch the sun set over the water, and then star gaze. Next, watch as the sea lights up for a few brief moments with glow worm stars. My friends and I were amazed....its truly a mesmerizing experience! Thanks David!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I rode the Atabeyra twice with my friends on a week-long trip to Turks. The first time was a daytime snorkeling excursion, and we ended up having a private sail that was magical and so fun! The second sail was their Friday sunset ride, and we got to see glow worms! Both times, Captain David, Junior and Willi were extremely accommodating and fun. I loved every minute of being on the Atabeyra and wish I could have spent every day of my trip on it!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I booked this as a special treat for my wife. She didn’t know it would just be her and me until she got aboard. It was money well spent and a top highlight of our trip to Turks and Caicos. We sailed the day before we flew out the next afternoon and it was the ultimate way to bring this amazing trip to a fantastic conclusion. We sailed with David (the owner) and Willie. David was very accommodating and was able to fit us in on his schedule. Our trip was relaxing. We snorkeled and we got to rare privilege to swim with Jo-Jo—the wild Atlantic dolphin and unofficial ambassador of the Turks and Caicos Islands. May people don’t get to see Jo-Jo. I encountered guests on the island who said they’ve been coming for six and seven years, sailing with other cruises but never encountered Jo-Jo. While there are no guarantees, your best chance of seeing him is sailing on The Atabeyra. Capt. David has a few tricks up his sleeve ;) We had such a good time that my wife and I returned to do the sunset sail with them that evening. The weather was a tad cloudy, but The Atabeyra has a charm that cannot be replicated on a commercial yacht. If you are able, take a private sail with The Atabeyra. It allows you to set your own schedule. Snorkel as long as you want and sail when you want. Would I sail on The Atabeyra again? You bet!

2  Thank SLPatterson2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

David and his crew provided a class experience. We had a fabulous time !!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait until we come back to do it again

Date of experience: August 2018