Book In Advance
Tours from Sun Charters tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews sunset cruise glow worms captain dave chips and salsa rum punch pine cay day sail beautiful sailboat private charter wonderful sunset sand dollars friendly crew set sail deserted beach turks caicos ship wreck highlight of our trip
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I rode the Atabeyra twice with my friends on a week-long trip to Turks. The first time was a daytime snorkeling excursion, and we ended up having a private sail that was magical and so fun! The second sail was their Friday sunset ride, and we got to see glow worms! Both times, Captain David, Junior and Willi were extremely accommodating and fun. I loved every minute of being on the Atabeyra and wish I could have spent every day of my trip on it!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I booked this as a special treat for my wife. She didn’t know it would just be her and me until she got aboard. It was money well spent and a top highlight of our trip to Turks and Caicos. We sailed the day before we flew out the next afternoon and it was the ultimate way to bring this amazing trip to a fantastic conclusion. We sailed with David (the owner) and Willie. David was very accommodating and was able to fit us in on his schedule. Our trip was relaxing. We snorkeled and we got to rare privilege to swim with Jo-Jo—the wild Atlantic dolphin and unofficial ambassador of the Turks and Caicos Islands. May people don’t get to see Jo-Jo. I encountered guests on the island who said they’ve been coming for six and seven years, sailing with other cruises but never encountered Jo-Jo. While there are no guarantees, your best chance of seeing him is sailing on The Atabeyra. Capt. David has a few tricks up his sleeve ;) We had such a good time that my wife and I returned to do the sunset sail with them that evening. The weather was a tad cloudy, but The Atabeyra has a charm that cannot be replicated on a commercial yacht. If you are able, take a private sail with The Atabeyra. It allows you to set your own schedule. Snorkel as long as you want and sail when you want. Would I sail on The Atabeyra again? You bet!

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank SLPatterson2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

David and his crew provided a class experience. We had a fabulous time !!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait until we come back to do it again

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to be here on Friday for the sunset cruise . I sent an email in advance and was able to book the cruise for the two of us. We met at the harbor and boarded this beautiful sailboat which holds a lot of people! Get there early if you want a good spot, and a bean bag chair out on the deck. Willy and junior were so nice and made sure our drinks were always full! Unlimited rum punch, beers and water and soft drinks is an incredible deal along with a sunset cruise for $40! Bring cash and pay after. The boat is gorgeous. They also do a very unique snorkeling cruise on Thursdays , we would of loved to do that if we were there that day! It’s different than the typical cruises in town and I would highly reckoned it after hearing about the cool places you’ll visit! Captain Dave was friendly and a great captain! They do private tours other days if you have a group or would like something more personal while doing a trip with your family or friends! Highly recommended!!! Thanks for making my birthday special!

2  Thank elizacass
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Very professional yet laid back atmosphere. Was looking for a relaxing and fun snorkel trip and this crew exceeded my expectations!