All reviews minute walk grocery store grace bay club continental breakfast within walking distance chose villa full kitchen hot tub deluxe studio graceway gourmet beach access washer and dryer beach attendants coco bistro banana bread directly across the street beach service
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I've been to the caribbean many times and this is my second time back to TCI. My parents and I had the 2 bedroom penthouse and it was absolutely perfect. It was so spacious. I loved the outdoor decks, I spent the majority of my time there. Breakfast wasn't anything extravagant but it was perfect. The walk to the beach was nothing, it was so close. Everyone working at the resort was kind and so very nice to talk to. They were helpful and always willing to call cabs or make reservations for us. We would absolutely go back to Villa Del Mar.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Director-VDM, Manager at Villa del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your review of Villa del Mar. We are delighted you felt our 2 bedroom penthouse was "absolutely perfect" and that you enjoyed the various living areas the spacious unit has to offer. Though each unit (studio excepted) has a fully equipped kitchen, it is our pleasure to offer guests complimentary continental breakfast that includes freshly baked pastries from our local bakery. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Don't forget to contact our reservations team directly on the toll free number 1-877-345-4890 to receive our returning guest discount.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

My husband and I were recently in Providenciales to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Our stay at the Villa del mar was lovely. We found the staff -- from the front desk to housekeeping to the grounds staff -- to be very friendly and helpful. I should not forget to mention the breakfast lady who always had a welcome smile and exchanged pleasantries everyday of our 7-day visit. Within walking distance of major attractions in the area and just a stone's throw from the beach, villa del Mar is ideally located. The pools, the grounds, all very well maintained. Could not have picked a better place to stay. I would stay at this place in a heartbeat, where I to ever go back to TCI. Only, drawback, TCI is a very expensive place.

Room Tip: A block area very quiet and nice views of pools
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Director-VDM, Manager at Villa del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary! We are delighted you chose to celebrate this momentous occasion on our property. Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your stay at Villa del Mar. It was great to hear of the wonderful customer service you experienced and are always happy when our guests enjoy the property and location. We will be sure to share your kind words with our staff, especially Rose Phanie at the breakfast bar. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful property.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

A great experience! I celebrated my 50th birthday party there with several close friends and was treated beyond royalty . The service at the front desk was superfluous. The staff worked as a cohesive team. And most importantly, it's not overcrowded!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Director-VDM, Manager at Villa del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday at Villa del Mar. We are delighted you had a great experience. It is our mission to make each guest stay a special one and pleased to hear our team made you feel like royalty. We hope to welcome you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed on the first floor in a studio suite. It smelled extremely mouldy. Room itself was fine except for the smelly water. Pool is nice but needs some work. The beach is beautiful with chairs always available. Drinks are far too expensive at the bar which was normal for this island. We bought our own at the grocery store. Breakfast was fine, great coffee. Good value for this island.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelsouthoften
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is an ideal location to stay at because it is at Grace Bay and while not on the beach directly, it has some of the same amenities some of the beach hotels have. It's a very short walk across the street to access the beach and the beach concierge guy will provide chairs, umbrellas, towels, water, and even boogie boards and other flotation devices for the water. The hotel is also within walking distance of cute shops and some restaurants. Another thing we enjoyed was having a grill to use by the pool, I cooked up some burgers I had bought at the nearby grocery store and was even able to able the add the fresh basil that was growing nearby (hotel staff told me to use). As for the staff overall, the ones serving drinks at the tiki bar were much friendlier than at the front desk where they seem annoyed by any question you asked. And don't bother asking for directions to other areas of the island, they either don't know or don't feel like telling you. At least housekeeping (Maria?) was friendly although other than making the beds and straightening up, very little actual cleaning was done. Breakfast was okay, you do get a bit tired of eating the same exact continental breakfast each day, thought they could mix it up by having some different muffins/pastries one day. Liked that they provided a free drink on your first night and rum punch party on Wednesday was good with all the chips and salsa provided. Overall, room prices are not cheap here but cheaper than the bigger and fancier resorts like Grace Bay Club.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family