“Cozy and friendly”
Review of Villa del Mar

Villa del Mar
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I stayed for 4 nights with my adult daughter in a third floor studio with a balcony. We loved the location, close to gorgeous Grace Bay beach but not right on it. Villa del Mar has a beach area that is only a two-minute walk from the hotel. The room was comfortable and quiet. The hotel's small size makes it seem more private and peaceful. There were a number of families with children staying at the hotel, which is child friendly. The staff was helpful when we had questions about locations and activities and made several reservations for us, including for parasailing and a boat trip to the Iguana Island. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would avoid the ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank pettcl

Reviewed 1 April 2017

My girlfriend found Villa del Mar right at the end of us looking for a winter trip to the sun - thank God she did! This place was fantastic.

With Villa del Mar you need to understand what you are getting. You are not getting a place on the beach but one that is steps from it (took us about 1-2 mins to get from door to sand through a resort). You are not getting the world's greatest pool but one that is not crowded or noisy (which I will take every time). But you are getting great service (every member of staff was friendly and helpful and personally knew a lot of the tours to help rescue my jumper/sweater when I left it on a boat), a quiet location (did not hear any noise at all), and a relaxed atmosphere away from loud music.

This is not a party place, which is probably why I enjoyed it. The music at the pool could be a little better but, hey, I didn't want to be the DJ, and the drinks at the tiki bar are awful, but just buy your own drinks and keep them in your fridge to bring down as needed.

Our room was large, kitchen well equipped with new appliances, a comfortable large bed, all the cable channels you could want (it allowed my gf to keep up to date with The Bachelor and me the rugby and Premier League football), and was spacious enough to spread out. The balcony overlooking the pool was perfect for breakfast or an evening wine before dinner.

The bathroom was large with tub and shower and, although I would have liked more water pressure, that's not the worst thing in the world.

The hotel does not have a restaurant onsite but is walking distance to most of the resorts (we went to the bar at the Grace Bay quite a bit and it is safe to walk around everywhere). Those that are not walking distance are a $10-15 cab or so but we only did that once to go to Somewhere Cafe.

I would say, I did prefer not being all inclusive (which sometimes I feel is overpriced). It meant we actually explored the local areas and the different resorts to get a variety of food and drinks. For the price, this was a perfect median choice which gave flexibility, relaxation and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The location and the sorroundings would deserve 5 stars for sure, but I do not think that it would be fair to grade this hotel this much just because you are overwhelmed by the paradise around you.
Grace Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world (in my limited experience the best one). Providenciales itself it’s a peaceful, luxurious and expensive retreat for rich people.
And in my opinion Villa del Mar remains as a better choice than the other big resorts located by the beach exactly because it is smaller, calmer, more isolated, but just 200 meters away from the sea.
In theory it has everything you may need. Beautiful, large apartments, terraces, two nice pools, even a simple complimentary breakfast. But in fact there are a lot of details missing, considering the price.
The first thing that I noticed was the lack of essential items in the kitchen. For instance we could not boil water because we were provided with just a pair of small pots . We had rented the big penthouse apartment and it was enormous. We were sure that they should have considered the necessity of more kitchenware and we asked kindly many times. No way. They told us that we could use just what we had already inside the apartment and we ended up buying the big pot by ourselves. Three days later, by chance, I was informed by some other Italian guests that they had two big pots in their kitchen even if they needed just one of them. This means that the direction, once they have taken your money, do not bother to offer a good service and that they are so lazy and inaccurate not to even realize that one apartment is without pots and the apartment next door has an extra pot.
The service in the room was also very slow. Even if the hotel is small and even if you can see the chart of the maids in front of your door or in one of the floors all the time, making you think that they will be taking care of your room very soon, it never happens. Never is an exaggeration because by the end of the day the apartment is cleaned but it could happen in the late afternoon. Every day we called the reception in order to inform them that we were leaving the room and that we would have appreciated the service to be finished before our return but most of the time this did not work.
That is why I’m grading this place just with 3 stars. You are in a paradise you spend a fortune but you get poor service.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank FabianaV1967
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

This was an amazing stay!! I am from Providenciales but live in Cayman Islands went home for a visit and had an amazing time at Villa Del Mar the room was really nice comfortable beds full kitchen washer and dry was in the room! The staff was friendly and welcoming!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Islandgril
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Checked out all the hotels on this little friendly island .. There is something for everyone, all are beautiful . Personally I didn't want to share my time with 1000 people . Villa del Mar offers ultimate serenity, yet just out your door is is everything you need & if you can't find it the staff will with pleasure

Stayed: March 2017