All reviews minute walk grocery store grace bay club continental breakfast within walking distance chose villa full kitchen hot tub deluxe studio graceway gourmet beach access washer and dryer beach attendants coco bistro banana bread directly across the street beach service
Reviewed 10 December 2014 via mobile

I just got back from my 3 night stay at Villa del Mar and I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were very clean and up to date, the pool was well maintained, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was convenient.

If you are looking for a nice yet affordable place to stay I would highly recommend this place. The hotel itself is very quiet but you are close enough or a cab ride away from anywhere you want to be.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 9 December 2014

My family and I rented a ground floor unit at Villa del Mar. We knew going into the rental that this was not a "beach front" property and that we would have to walk through the Grace Bay Club to get to the beach. I know many reviews and people frown upon this but I can tell you that is a huge MISTAKE. This unit was perfect for my family and the distance to the beach was soooo close, even walking with my 5 year old and almost 2 year old. The unit was comfortable and clean, which is just what we wanted. The pool area was directly in front of the patio and my husband and I were able to use our baby monitor to sit out poolside with some adult beverages while the kids took naps everyday. That was KEY to us...being able to have enough space for our family and enjoy quiet time together without disrupting the kids while they slept. We rented a car the entire time we were there and it was perfect. We got food for lunches and to supplement the food that already came as part of the daily continental breakfast. Such a perfect place for our families needs! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Ground floor is great with young kids
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara K
Reviewed 4 December 2014

We stayed in this condo the first week in November 2014 booked through VRBO We are a family of 2 adults and 2 toddlers. We debated between doing the resort thing vs. staying in a condo. I definitely have to say staying at the Villa Del Mar ended up being a great choice and I will have AMAZING memories of us and our little ones there.

Early November was a great time for us to visit Turks. The low season meant no crowds, no reservations needed, cheaper prices, big open beaches, all around goodness! Not only is a condo more value for the money - more space and cheaper. But it makes you go out and explore on your own a bit more vs. stay in the 4 walls of a big resort.

A few reasons we loved the Villa Del Mar.
1. Logistics - Setting up the rental was easy. Use VRBO!
2. Beautiful, modern, and clean - the Condo was beautiful with modern furnishings. We loved having two rooms - one for the adults and one for the kids. The kitchen was well stocked with the necessary tools. We had breakfasts/lunches at home and went out for dinner.
3. Next to the beach - I was at first worried that the condo was not directly ON the beach. But its literally a 2 minute walk to get to the beach and you can walk through the Grace Bay Club. Which is literally NO BIG DEAL. You can walk out to the beach where there is a Villa del Mar attendant who will set up beach chairs and towels for you. Don't let the fact that this is not directly on the beach deter you. The beaches were beautiful and walking across the street is easy.
4. Internet - The Internet worked really well there!
5. Parking - we rented a car so we could go exploring on our own. The Condo has a free parking spot right next to it.
6. First floor is the best - this condo's back porch opened up directly to the hot tub and the pools. My kids LOVED running in and out and jumping into the hot tub. No running up and down stairs or going far. Literally we were right next to the hot tub. You don't have the big fancy pools at the resorts but for our little kids, these were perfect. Plus since it wasn't very crowded, we had them to ourselves much of the time. My one tiny complaint was that sometimes there weren't clean beach towels available but that’s a small nit.
7. Washer/Dryer - When you're on a beach vacation, your clothes get dirty fast. Benefit of a condo with a washer/dryer is that you can pack less and always have clean clothes.
8. Location - There is a modern Grocery store within a mile. The Villa Del Mar is right near the Salt Mills so you can easily head there for food or shipping. Great location!

Room Tip: First floor through VRBO.
4  Thank HNaresh
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Our stay this past week at Villa Del Mar was a perfect family getaway. With the warm kid pool, hot tub and adult pool there was a perfect temperature pool for everyone. The staff were very friendly right from check in staff to the grounds keepers, job well done on everyone's part to ensure all the guests were well taken care of.

This hotel is a great price and you don't need to be on the beach. It's a short walk across the road to get beach access. With their huts on the beach, towels, chairs, toys and umbrellas there is no need to pay a premium to stay on the beach front.

They have been recently updating the rooms with new beds as well as you can see signs that they aren't sitting still on the resort. Constant upkeep is going on to ensure a well manicured resort.

Thanks again for a great week and making our family feel like home.

Room Tip: Choose a higher up room for the views, b wing is great.
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Just came back from Turks and Caicos vacation on the Black Friday Eve. The overall experience was fabulous. Hotel is great, location is perfect, sea (ocean) and beach was prestine, weather was cooperative. What else? The room was clean and normally equiped with kitchenet and all necessary dishes (no microwave dishes though). Supermarket in 10 min lazy walk, normal american style supermarket with the prices 2-2.5 times higher than in states.
Deli department had salads, cooked lobster tail ($9 for half). Sea Side caffe next to our Villa's beach had a delishious take out fritte conchs - 7 pieces $10 and Ceasar salad with groupper or chicken- $14.
Pool- side bar at the hotel has everyday special-$9 a coctail, regular price -$12.
Several restaurants around running from casual to fine dining- on a pricy side but for a new yorkers-not so bad, just double the price at Manhattan. The stuff is friendly and very helpful on any issue, we didn't have any, but saw other people being satisfied. Free wifi in every room and around the pool. On the beach is free wifi of another hotel's is making your stay well-connected.
you can't beat the quality of beach and the torqueous water so the price happened to be just right.

1  Thank sunfunlady2014