All reviews minute walk grocery store grace bay club continental breakfast within walking distance chose villa full kitchen hot tub deluxe studio graceway gourmet beach access washer and dryer beach attendants coco bistro banana bread directly across the street beach service
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My husband and I stayed here and had the most wonderful time. I found it on trip advisor and I'm so glad I did. Great pool that was usually empty, fabulous front desk people and a short walk to the beach. Great location, huge condo and free cocktails once a week. Not to mention Bill the bartender is fantastic. He makes the best drinks ever. Loved Turks and was blown away by VDM. When we go back to T&C would we return for sure!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hualalai826
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I visited Turks and Caicos for the first time 3 weeks ago. It was simply amazing! From the beautiful beaches and awesome scenery, if you are looking for a place to unwind and relax then this is the place for you. The hotel itself is clean, the staff is cordial, overall a tranquil environment. The only thing that can throw you back is the cost of living out there. A simple dining experience in a local spot can still cost you an arm and a leg. A box of cereal in the supermarket is $8!!! Still, the weather was gorgeous, and I would consider going again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank James G
Reviewed 6 September 2014

My teenaged son and I just returned from a five night stay at VDM. We booked a studio room with Jetsetter which was a fantastic deal and ended up getting upgraded (without even asking) to a beautiful two bedroom unit complete with kitchen. Our room was super clean and well equipped and had daily maid service. When we first arrived, there were very few other guests but it gradually got busier on the weekend. At no time did it feel overcrowded. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful including one day helping to carry our heavy groceries up to our room which was very much appreciated.

The hotel is located across the street from the beach - truly only a couple minute's walk. Each day we loaded up our cooler of drinks and snacks and set up on the beach section reserved for VDM guests. There was always a VDM staff member there to ensure we had chairs, umbrella, towels etc and his station also had free cold water, boogie boards, etc that we just had to ask for. The first day we arrived we hadnt been to the grocery store yet so i ordered a bucket of the local Turks Head Lager ($25 for 5) which they brought to our chairs. I took the unfinished ones back to VDM and the next day found that 6 packs of the same beer was $10 at the grocery store so bought them there from then on. I found taking our own drinks and snacks was a great alternative to buying from the bar/restaurant on site (which is actually the Ocean Club property). One day we had a strong rain shower while at the beach so we took refuge a the OC restaurant and each ordered ice cream to wait out the storm. The bill was $29 plus tip for 2 ice creams!!!

We were both VERY impressed with the availability and speed of the wifi at the hotel, by the pool and even on the beach! Even sending and downloading pictures was relatively speedy.

Ocean Club has a lovely "infinity bar" on the property which is a perfect place to sit and watch the sunset. AGain, the price of drinks at this resort (an island thing) were quite high so beware.

The IGA grocery store is located an easy walk (less than 10 mins) away and is beside a Scotiabank branch (familiar to Canadians). Avis car rental is also just across the street from that. We rented a car for 2 days and were happy with the service and the rates there too.

Villa Del Mar is not fancy but its is very nice and i think was a great value for anyone that does not want to pay $400-600 a night for oceanfront resorts. I usually stay in 5 star hotels and was pleasantly surprised by our stay at VDM. Also, we learned return guests get an additional 15% discount from rates. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank mom2andie
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed at Villa Del Mar for a week in October. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. Staff were attentive, helpful and friendly but very unobtrusive. Accommodation was very comfortable and had everything you needed. The beach is just across the road, it really didn't matter that it wasn't situated directly on it. The beach is breathtaking. We would return in a heartbeat and in fact, have already started planning our next trip. Paradise in a home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Chuggs
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We are a family of five, just getting back last night. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and the resort is beautiful and exactly as pictured. The breakfast was sufficient, definitely good enough to get your day started. The room was large enough for all of us and we didn't feel too close. If you have children being on the ground floor is perfect. Breakfast is easily transported back to your patio and when they wanted to go swimming it was super easy to keep an eye out.
The beach is literally across the street. It took all of us about 1 minute to get there. Turn left on the sand, walk down a bit and you are at the Villa del Mar location. They had towels, water, and even sand toys at the booth. This was a major plus for us because one of my children really enjoys making sand structures on the beach. They did not have floating cushions which was a bit of a downer. Another resort did though, and there was usually a free one around.
The reasons that I couldn't give them 5 stars is because of the food situation. I knew they didn't have a restaurant (there are several nearby) but I didn't expect to have no food whatsoever. I guess my American mind expected a vending machine of some sort with soda or chips. The first night there we ventured to the store (Graceway Gourmet) but must have misunderstood a direction. My family walked for a half hour in the heat trying to find the store. The next day we got better directions and it was in completely the opposite direction than we were told previously. It really is closeby though - we ended up going twice during our stay with no problem. The store is expensive, but still less so than eating out for every meal. Restaurant lunches ran around 100 for my family, dinners around 120. Seaside cafe was by far the best deal, service, and food.
Overall we really, truly enjoyed our time here. The beach and location can't be beat. Everyone was kind and genuinely friendly. This time of the year it was very quiet and peaceful. We will gladly come back several more times if possible.

Room Tip: Any building is good. Families should definitely try for a ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family