All reviews minute walk grocery store grace bay club continental breakfast within walking distance chose villa full kitchen hot tub deluxe studio graceway gourmet beach access washer and dryer beach attendants coco bistro banana bread directly across the street beach service
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We are a family of five, just getting back last night. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and the resort is beautiful and exactly as pictured. The breakfast was sufficient, definitely good enough to get your day started. The room was large enough for all of us and we didn't feel too close. If you have children being on the ground floor is perfect. Breakfast is easily transported back to your patio and when they wanted to go swimming it was super easy to keep an eye out.
The beach is literally across the street. It took all of us about 1 minute to get there. Turn left on the sand, walk down a bit and you are at the Villa del Mar location. They had towels, water, and even sand toys at the booth. This was a major plus for us because one of my children really enjoys making sand structures on the beach. They did not have floating cushions which was a bit of a downer. Another resort did though, and there was usually a free one around.
The reasons that I couldn't give them 5 stars is because of the food situation. I knew they didn't have a restaurant (there are several nearby) but I didn't expect to have no food whatsoever. I guess my American mind expected a vending machine of some sort with soda or chips. The first night there we ventured to the store (Graceway Gourmet) but must have misunderstood a direction. My family walked for a half hour in the heat trying to find the store. The next day we got better directions and it was in completely the opposite direction than we were told previously. It really is closeby though - we ended up going twice during our stay with no problem. The store is expensive, but still less so than eating out for every meal. Restaurant lunches ran around 100 for my family, dinners around 120. Seaside cafe was by far the best deal, service, and food.
Overall we really, truly enjoyed our time here. The beach and location can't be beat. Everyone was kind and genuinely friendly. This time of the year it was very quiet and peaceful. We will gladly come back several more times if possible.

Room Tip: Any building is good. Families should definitely try for a ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ayannasr
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wow...What can we say!
TCI is definitely the place to be if you are looking for a relaxing time and not feel the urge to do something everyday...
Grace bay is as beautiful as you have seen on the numerous pictures posted everywhere on the web...The water color is as impressive in real life as the pictures depict! We were there the first two weeks of August and it was so quiet that it made it simply amazing....Having such a beach to ourselves was nothing short of spectacular!
As for the hotel, the question really becomes why go anywhere else...?
Upon checking in, we met beautifully smiling Ruthie and Israel, both of whom were so welcoming, polite,enthusiastic and helpful despite getting there late, they both set the tone to what we were expecting from people of TCI and we knew we would have a great stay. The reception is nice and looks like a small hotel lobby, and I must say that after a long day of travel due to a lay over on our way there, their rum punch was a welcome greeting!
The room was exactly like expected, perfectly clean, great bed, nice washroom, nice kitchen area ( we had a studio and visited a two bedroom with a full kitchen and will rent that next time and a huge balcony looking out to the pool area) and I loved the AC which worked great as the days were extremely hot...
There is service daily if need be, the breakfast is plentiful and served from 7.30 to 9.30, the two pools are great so is the outside spa.
Please do not let the short walk to the beach prevent you from renting out this place as it would be a huge mistake. From our room to the Grace Bay Club, there was a 2 minute walk. You literally just have to cross the street and you are now on GBC premises...For 1/4 of the price paid right across???
There are 2 WEBER grills outside and the Graceway Gourmet (IGA) is less not even a 10 minute walk away door to door, and you can get all you need to prepare an evening meal to be enjoyed on the terrace on your balcony. Travelling with two kids is not always restaurant friendly so we loved that option where it made it easy to cater to their needs...Get ready as these are nowhere close to Canadian or US prices but it beats going to the restaurant everyday....: )
We will absolutely be back ! When you do see Ruthie, wish her good luck on her studies and make sure you speak French with Israel and enjoy your stay!!!

Room Tip: We had building B and felt like it was the best located as it was the center one from a 3 block complex. It had an angle view to the main pool and would pick that building again...WIFI was really strong in our room and around the pool as well as on the beach...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank mlogabz2
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Hidden gem. Villa del mar is literally foot steps from the beach. Very nice up to date rooms. My only suggestions would be larger televisions and more items for breakfast. Rather than that my stay has been wonderful. The staff is also nice & friendly. Will definitely be booking my return at villa del mar.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Queen_Rochelle
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here. Service was perfect (friendly, but let you do your own thing). The rooms are big and nice, it'd be a great place for a group or family. It's not on the beach, but the rooms are so close to the beach it's like staying in a non-ocean front room in an ocean front hotel. The only complaint I had was their breakfast is not very good (very limited selection), but it's free, so can't complain much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zracoon
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I travelled to beautiful Providenciales in mid July with family and stayed at Villa del Mar. Trust the positive reviews! It is a gem of a hotel located literally across a quiet street from gorgeous Grace Bay. You will enjoy paradise for a fraction of the price. Clean, well maintained and not crowded. Hardworking, friendly staff. Centrally located and within walking distance of great restaurants and the supermarket. Great for families with young children. I would not hesitate to book Villa del Mar again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family