This was our 3rd trip to Provo but first time at the WBC. We stayed twice at a larger resort more centrally located on Grace Bay but decided to try the WBC after service issues and crowding at the beach. At check-in, we were expecting the usual annoyed attitude that we typically received at the other resort but they were very nice. Actually smiled at us but more importantly, we checked in very quickly with no wait or hassle.
We booked a 1BR luxury and were on the 4th floor. The unit is a bit smaller than where we used to stay but very comparable. The view was fantastic. The kitchen is small but has everything you need. They provide Folgers coffee but no filters. Had salt and pepper, paper towels, dish soap and scrub, sugar packs, coffee creamer. We had a total of 8 glasses, 4 tall and 4 short. Slightly annoyed that there weren't more glasses so we had to run the dishwasher more often.
The bed was really comfortable, hubby thought it was a little soft but I really liked it. There was only 1 window in the bedroom and the 3 lamps were not very bright so was a little dark in the evenings. Hubby didn't seem to mind as it kept it dark so that he could sleep in but more windows and possibly access to the balcony from the bedroom would have been nice. A ton or storage, 2 closets and 1 large chest of drawers.
The bathroom was huge. Looks very nice but not sure on some of the design elements. The sinks are really shallow but deep. So water usually splashed everywhere. Because the sink was so deep, you're a little far from the mirror. I usually did my makeup in the dining room anyway because of the lighting. No drawers in the bathroom so just had to put everything on the counter or in the cabinets underneath. A couple drawers would have been nice. They show all the Molton Brown products on their website but this was inconsistent. The lotion and mouthwash were always Molton but the soap, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were usually not Molton. Not a complaint, just an FYI.
The couch and living room furniture had wicker structure but more comfortable than where we used to stay. The TV was huge, must have been at least 50"?
My one real complaint about WBC is the breakfast. They had some small pastries, hard boiled eggs, oranges and bananas, yogurt and some cereal. They had some fruit cut up floating in a reddish juice, looked liked Dole's mixed fruit or something. Some nice fresh fruit would have been nice. For jam, they had apple jelly. The other resort we stayed at had a really nice breakfast with a lot of fresh cut fruit.
Overall, WBC was perfect for us. A lot of this review is in comparison to where we used to stay. At WBC, you are farther from all the shops and restaurants. There isn't a whole lot that you can walk to so will probably need more cabs to get around if you don't have a car. It is a smaller resort so everything is a but scaled down but I found that to be more relaxing with a nice casual atmosphere. The beach is fantastic, nice and wide and not crowded at all. Since the Gansevoort is the only resort next to you, there is a lot of space to spread out. If you walk down a little east to the Coral Gardens or Windsong resorts, you can see how narrow the beach is so everything is squished together. The beach attendants were all really nice too - no attitude. We will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Wotif.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales