New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, IL
“Nice and quiet...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Provo but first time at the WBC. We stayed twice at a larger resort more centrally located on Grace Bay but decided to try the WBC after service issues and crowding at the beach. At check-in, we were expecting the usual annoyed attitude that we typically received at the other resort but they were very nice. Actually smiled at us but more importantly, we checked in very quickly with no wait or hassle.

We booked a 1BR luxury and were on the 4th floor. The unit is a bit smaller than where we used to stay but very comparable. The view was fantastic. The kitchen is small but has everything you need. They provide Folgers coffee but no filters. Had salt and pepper, paper towels, dish soap and scrub, sugar packs, coffee creamer. We had a total of 8 glasses, 4 tall and 4 short. Slightly annoyed that there weren't more glasses so we had to run the dishwasher more often.

The bed was really comfortable, hubby thought it was a little soft but I really liked it. There was only 1 window in the bedroom and the 3 lamps were not very bright so was a little dark in the evenings. Hubby didn't seem to mind as it kept it dark so that he could sleep in but more windows and possibly access to the balcony from the bedroom would have been nice. A ton or storage, 2 closets and 1 large chest of drawers.

The bathroom was huge. Looks very nice but not sure on some of the design elements. The sinks are really shallow but deep. So water usually splashed everywhere. Because the sink was so deep, you're a little far from the mirror. I usually did my makeup in the dining room anyway because of the lighting. No drawers in the bathroom so just had to put everything on the counter or in the cabinets underneath. A couple drawers would have been nice. They show all the Molton Brown products on their website but this was inconsistent. The lotion and mouthwash were always Molton but the soap, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were usually not Molton. Not a complaint, just an FYI.

The couch and living room furniture had wicker structure but more comfortable than where we used to stay. The TV was huge, must have been at least 50"?

My one real complaint about WBC is the breakfast. They had some small pastries, hard boiled eggs, oranges and bananas, yogurt and some cereal. They had some fruit cut up floating in a reddish juice, looked liked Dole's mixed fruit or something. Some nice fresh fruit would have been nice. For jam, they had apple jelly. The other resort we stayed at had a really nice breakfast with a lot of fresh cut fruit.

Overall, WBC was perfect for us. A lot of this review is in comparison to where we used to stay. At WBC, you are farther from all the shops and restaurants. There isn't a whole lot that you can walk to so will probably need more cabs to get around if you don't have a car. It is a smaller resort so everything is a but scaled down but I found that to be more relaxing with a nice casual atmosphere. The beach is fantastic, nice and wide and not crowded at all. Since the Gansevoort is the only resort next to you, there is a lot of space to spread out. If you walk down a little east to the Coral Gardens or Windsong resorts, you can see how narrow the beach is so everything is squished together. The beach attendants were all really nice too - no attitude. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the West Bay Club for four nights. It was our getaway from our two kids. I booked it after reading the reviews and finding a great deal. The deal was so good I was hesitant to book it. I was so relieved when we got there! The property was beautiful. The beach is nice and wide and our time spent there was bliss. One thing I loved is it was so spread out, not crowded at all and there were very few people walking by (which I find annoying at times when on a relaxing vaca). It felt like we had the beach to ourselves. We enjoyed drinks at the beach and some water sports as well. There were always chairs available and if they were all full, the staff would put out more. There was never a race. The staff was very helpful and taught my husband how to manage the hobie cat so we could go out on our own. I will say, the staff isn't waiting on you hand and foot. We often would have to request drinks, but that didn't bother me and they were quick once you let them know. We had a one bedroom and it was very nice. It had a bedroom off the living room and laundry and kitchen which was more than we needed. We stayed in room 405 and honestly, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because of the balcony. While it was a beach view, it was right inbetween the two buildings so I could see straight out to the beach but not to either side. It never was an issue because we were so rarely in our room. The pool was nice, bigger than I thought it would be from the pictures, and the wait staff by the pool was always attentive. We ate breakfast there every morning and it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but adequate for sure and so nice that it was included. While we were there it wasn't crowded at all, which is one of the reasons I liked it so much. This is definitely not a hip and happening hotel. If you want a big scene and crowd, then maybe look next door. But for us it is just want we needed and I will absolutely book here again!! Oh also, try the Stormin' Norman drink made by the wonderful bartender Stormin' Norman himself :)

Room Tip: Don't get one of the rooms in the middle. Ask for either side. The middle rooms (I think endin...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Setauket, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We just returned for a wonderful time at WBC. It is a smaller resort but we don't care for over populated destinations. We met several delightful couples and families while there which made it that much more enjoyable. The staff is very helpfula nd friendly. Trecia at breakfast always shared her smile, as did Asha. Many were warm and friendly to our 3 boys (9,8,4y/o)
On the last morning, my son left his retainer in a napkin on the table and we on;y realized it upon arriving at the airport. We called the hotel to see if they could find it. They told us they would look and if they found it they would call us. Our cab driver, Kalvin was AWESOME!! He told us to call him if they found it and he would drive it back to the airport. The staff found the retainer, and Kalvin delivered it! It was amazing! Our little miracle. If you are there and need a cab, ask the hotel for Kalvin Seymour. No matter what hotel you choose. I'm sure he'll remember this story....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dsara
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We just returned from our first stay at the west bay club and were thoroughly impressed with the resort. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was fully equipped with top of the line stainless steel appliances (including a dishwasher) in a beautiful modern kitchen. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in.

The staff at the west bay club was so accommodating, knowledgeable and friendly. Renee made all of our reservations (based on her suggestions) and we did not have one bad meal. She even arranged for us to have high chairs in our room for our twin toddlers on a day's notice.

The only negative comments I have about the hotel is that at least once a day we had a problem with the key cards and had to have one or two replaced. The service in the retardant was a little slow, but we thought the food was quite good. It would also be nice if they had high chairs with straps available as it is a very family friendly resort and it was difficult for us to have a meal with two toddlers who will not stay seated in a chair without being strapped down.

We will certainly be back!

• Stayed February 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Everything was just great. Best of all were the great beach location and the beautiful room. WBC has a great spot with wide beach, no rocks, no seaweed and, best of all, no crowding. Grace Bay is getting crowded, but WBC has a beautiful, spacious, uncrowded location. Our 1 bedroom luxury suite was immaculate, huge and beautifully decorated. WBC is not cheap, but compared to the top-tier places that cost much more, it's an excellent value. Relatively speaking, we thought we got a lot for what we paid. I think that's partly because it looks like WBC sunk most resources into the rooms and less into the small, good-but-not-great restaurant and the small spa and fitness room. For me, that perfectly matched my priorities so I have no complaints. Others may feel differently. WBC is not party central. All the staff were warm, friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. Concierge Renee made all our dinner reservations before we even arrived. An unexpected bonus was being right next door to the ultra-hip (and ultra-expensive) Gansevoort. It was fun to walk over there and enjoy the ambiance (and the great restaurant; don't miss it!) without paying their stratospheric rates. What I liked least was that the pool at WBC sometimes was overrun with chattering children; there were many families with young children. Overall, I recommend WBC highly. I definitely would return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple