“Smooth as silk”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I was coming to Grand Turk for just the day on a cruise ship and contacted Blue Water Divers to set up some diving for the day. They were so easy to deal with long distance, and everything went smoothly. They sent directions to get to the dive shop that were spot on, and the diving was great! I recommend them highly.

Chris Y, team member at Blue Water Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you for your review. I like the title :)

We are glad you had such a good time. We try to make everything easy, from the booking process to the backroll to the moment you head back to the ship, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We hope you swing by Grand Turk for a few more dives sometime!

Cheers!

in 23 reviews
"great trip"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Four of my daughters and I were in Grand Turk while on our cruise. We knew we wanted to go snorkeling here and we saw the great reviews Blue Water Divers had. From our first contact, I could tell this was a very professional company. They wanted to know our ages and levels of experience with snorkeling. Their email was very informative and at first I thought it was just a standard email they sent out but I realized it included information that I had asked them about. Responses were always prompt and very courteous and friendly.

When we arrived at their shop, we were warmly greeted and fit with our fins. We had a short ride to where we met up with Kingdry who took us out. Kingdry has the perfect personality for a guide. He informed us of safety considerations but was also funny and personable. I was impressed that he got in the water with us at our first stop to individually check and see how everyone was doing with their snorkeling. We had 2 stops snorkeling - the shallower stop and then at the wall. At both stops we were given sufficient time to explore at our own pace. I never felt rushed. We all were happy with the amount of fish we were able to see at the reefs. We were dropped back off near Jack's Shack which is close enough to walk back to the ship. I can't think of a single negative to say about this tour. I would highly recommend it and one of my main reasons would be the level of concern they put on your safety.

Thank you for writting us a five bubble review! While our emails do contain some standard information, they are all tailored to the individual we are emailing, and we try to make sure we answer any and all questions you may have for us. We are glad you had such a great time with Kingdry - we think he's a pretty funny guy too. While we take safety extremely seriously, there isn't any reason to not have fun at the same time! Thank you again so much for your flattering review. We hope we see you again shortly!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Came for a week of diving and was not disappointed. Some days we walked across the street right on to the beach, on to the boat and five minutes later we where over the wall. Other days the winds were high and we had to take a five minute or so drive to a sheltered beach for the boat. Still, less than ten minutes to spectacular walls!

Sea life was about par for the Caribbean. I've seen more on the East End of Grand Cayman, but, come on, life on Grand Turk is a bit more laid back. And even though the tour ships come in most days, the tourist seem to just drive by and are hardly noticed.

And need a place to stay... Try Mantahouse. Only a block away with several options.

Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you had a good time with us. I think a lot of people are scared away by the facts that we have cruiseships but, as you said, the effects are fairly negligible. We hope we see you again sometime, and thanks again for taking the time to write us such a flattering review.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Email correspondence prior to the dive was excellent. On the day of the dive, we were some of the first passengers off the ship. We walked down the pier to the cruise port area, asked for directions to the taxi stand and requested a taxi to the Osprey Beach Hotel, which was in zone 2, a $5 per person fare. Our taxi driver provided excellent commentary along the way, and quickly took us to the Blue Water Divers shop at the hotel annex.
Vicky greeted us warmly and helped us with paperwork and rental equipment. We appreciated their specifications for experienced divers, so that our group was small and experienced. We were glad that we paid the extra $10 for the wet suit rental, as the water temperature was 79-81 degrees F. Though the rental equipment was not brand new, it was in safe working order.
Mitch, the owner, gave us a truck ride to the beach where we met Joe, our excellent dive master/ captain, and boarded the 24 foot skiff. Joe led us on 2 great dives, to the Approach Landing dive site and to a site Joe called The Chair, north of the Chief Ministers dive site. We especially enjoyed Joe's pre dive briefings, his willingness and skill at assisting with equipment and making any needed adjustments and his skill at spearing lionfish. Also as positives were the small group size of 5 divers, the colorful wall diving, the cold bottled water and the fact that Joe returned us to the beach by Margaritaville so that we could walk back to the ship instead of having to take a taxi from the shop back to the port area.
I would not hesitate to recommend Blue Water Divers for your diving in Grand Turk!

1  Thank TexasMomTW

Thank you so much for your excellent review! We are glad you had such a good experience with us. We think keeping the groups small on all our tours helps to ensure we are able to give the best service possible. We are glad you enjoyed yourself with Joe, and are always happy to help with the lionfish problem Thank you again for your review, and we hope you come back soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2016

I dove with Blue Water Divers in Grand Turk from January 28, 2016 through January 31, 2016. Excellent dive operator. I have dived with many places across the Caribbean and Mexico in 20 years of diving. The dive masters were friendly, informative and never pressured the customer for tips. Plus, all the staff in the dive shop were friendly and appeared to work hard to ensure that my time with Blue Water was rewarding.

I was impressed that Blue Water took me out on the first day when there was no other diver onboard, so I had my own personal tour with Henry, one of the dive masters. Also, there were never more than two other divers on any of my trips with Blue Water. So, if you like diving with small groups, Blue Water appears to be a great option. All the dive masters (Henry, Joe and Kingdry) conducted the dives in a leisurely manner, which allowed me to explore the reefs at length. I will return to Grand Turk and dive with Blue Water.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with us. Small groups are indeed our thing. We think it allows us to offer the best experience possible for everyone involved, so thank you for appreciating it. As you observed, we like to take it nice and slow so you can get the most out of your air and really take in the sights. We look forward to seeing you next time for some more great dives! Cheers!