“An Oasis in an Oasis!”
other traveller has booked this property
villa and apartment entrance
pool side
veranda
looking out from cabana
Minister Bay, your beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SamHardy7...
London, United Kingdom
“An Oasis in an Oasis!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

My family stayed at Casa Cassini for one week of our two week holiday to Tobago (Myself, my wife and 2 year old son). We decided beforehand that we wanted to have a week on each side of the Island to experience as much of the Island as we could.

The guest accommodation at Casa Cassini is a lovely one bedroom apartment with separate access from the main house so you always have complete privacy and independence. It's spacious and tastefully decorated with everything we needed to self cater. There is a large Kitchen/living room with a sofa-bed and then a separate bedroom and bathroom off it. We slept in the bedroom and put our 2 year old son on the sofa-bed. The view from the Balcony is wonderful, you can see the sea over 200m of palm trees. We sat out there for our breakfast every morning and read our books there every night.

The local beach is on Minister Bay and is a five minute walk from the house through the undergrowth . It's not a brochure beach with manicured white sand and calm crystal blue water but it does have a kilometer of golden sand and some waves to surf. It's also deserted so it feels like your own private beach. However, if you want the one in the brochure, fear not as there are plenty of others nearby.

The pool is shared with the main house but other than Steve's (the owner) morning dip we had it to ourselves the whole time we were there. It has loungers, a view to the sea and a little summer house for some shade. Also for anyone with little kids there is a brilliant ultra shallow section for toddler/baby paddling.

The house is really well located as you are perfectly placed to access all parts of the Island but in my opinion having a car is essential as public transport in Tobago is far from ideal and there isn't much within walking distance. It's only a 10 minute drive to the best supermarket on the Island and 15 minutes from all the restaurants of Crown point and the beach at Pigeon point.

Tobago is a wonderful place and one that you can explore safely. It's a really manageable size too, by the time we went home we had seen the island from top to toe whilst still having time to have plenty of lazy beach days.

I just want to mention that before we came the owners were a bit nervous that we had a two year old as the apartment has a first floor balcony and they hadn't had children stay up there before, and the apartment is predominantly meant for a couple. I was happy that they let us know their concerns but we decided to come anyway. We were very happy there and have no regrets whatsoever but I would point out that we did have to keep an eye on our son when he was out on the balcony as he could have wriggled through the railings if he wanted to. some parents may find this a problem but it's definitely manageable. Regarding sleeping arrangements we didn't bring a travel cot but brought a mosquito net to put up over the sofa-bed instead, this might not suit everyone but it worked for us.

I cant speak highly enough of owners Steve and Jan, they are a lovely Canadian couple who've made their dream move to the Tropics and have built a beautiful home. Steve picked us up from the airport and from that moment on we felt looked after. They were always more than happy to help out with any request, question, or recommendation but at the same time were never intrusive. Steve sorted out our car hire within minutes of me asking and we got a much better deal than if we'd done it ourselves.

All in all, I think you'd be hard pushed to find as nice an apartment for the price anywhere on the Island. We'd definitely recommend it.

Sam (London,UK) Feb 2012

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Canada

Your age range 35-44
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Rooms with a view
Liked least: We had to go home!
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing