“Best Pizza in the Caribeean”

Ciao Cafe' Italian Gelato & Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Tobago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We tried pizzas, pasta and salads. All were excellent! Pizzas are cooked in a wood oven and the final taste is wonderful. Very friendly staff

2  Thank Filipa C

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Visited here as a "Girls Night Out" with my 3 friends on a Friday night. It was the perfect late night restaurant/cafe for a casual lime with friends. Service was on point! Waitress was quite friendly and well at the time we were the only ones there, so we enjoyed ourselves even more. But other than that, we had one of their enticing pizzas, delicious fruit smoothies and even more so delicious gelato (try the mint chocolate - ahhhh!). You won't regret it!

2  Thank Dana T
Reviewed 17 August 2016

This restaurant and cafe is an oasis in Scarbrough, splendid food and service at reasonable prices supplied by Mirko and Silvio
Highly recommended

2  Thank David B
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I ventured here last Thursday evening. It was the sole bright spot in that part of Scarborough at that time of day. I was expecting an ice-cream parlour but when I entered, there was quite a lively bar atmosphere. I was a bit apprehensive about taking my 10 year old daughter in, but it turned out fine. We got our treats and there was seating to afford us quite a pleasant experience. This place has a quaint yet comfortable ambiance. I had a panino sandwich on a subsequent visit and it was satisfying, not too fancy, not done on crispy toasted ciabatta, but good all the same.

The best thing about this place is the variety of ices, prepared in the 'traditional Italian fashion'. The lemon sorbet was refreshing, the Nutella gelato was tasty, but I absolutely died and went to chocolate heaven when I had the Mon Cherry gelato. Oh my gosh! It was creamy, divine dark chocolate mingled with whole, moist, glace cherries. It was superb. From now on this is my go-to ice-cream place whenever I visit Tobago. Be advised that the sign on the door says: Closed on Tuesdays, we're at the beach.

1  Thank RonJose
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We went there as a group and the place is too small to accommodate many people. They tried to make us sit together but the tables were shaking and the plates were paper squares. The pizza was worse than the one I make, but the gelato was very good according to the children.

MrCiao03, Owner at Ciao Cafe' Italian Gelato & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you racytraveller for your review and we are glad that your children enjoy our gelato.
We look at the reviews to improve ourself in order to give the best.
Unfortunately we don't recall your group or any other group with such complaints. It is always strongly recommended to book in advance for a group over 4 people to avoid any inconvenience for both side, even so we are well known for our hospitality and we always try to accommodate everyone for our capacity (even group of 6 or 8 when we fully booked, if they don't mind, we give the option to sit next door to eat or waiting next table or take way instead to feel that the drive to us was a waste of time even if they didn't call first to find out…but we understand when people are in holiday they just explore and those things happen…tables shaking well I will check them!....but regarding the PAPER SQUARES PLATE I guess it was another place!...we don't have ANY paper plate and never did we have porcelain plate and custom made wooden board specific for our pizza!!
And sorry if our place was not big enough, but it's a good space for our type of business. Please accept my suggestion that to call the place you intend to go and make those question that matter for you in order to avoid any inconvenience.

So sorry that our authentic Italian pizza is not to your taste. I can assure you we provide a high standard and its what identify us over the years in this business.

As earlier thank you for your review. we always focus on our guest experience to improve ourself…thank you for stopping by.