“Hidden gem - one of the best restaurants on the island”
Review of Edge of the Reef

Edge of the Reef
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Tobago
Reviewed 19 April 2017

What a hidden gem in such an unsuspecting location. The food was absolutely delicious, nicely presented, and the service was personal and attentive. There were several fresh fish options available with a wide range of sides to choose from. We went with the wahoo, simply grilled, sauteed corn and mushrooms, and a baked potato and salad. Everything was tasty, had an excellent texture and blended well together. We also had a fish curry which not only looked nice but was also very flavorful. We were given the option to add some spiciness with the chef’s homemade curry paste (careful, this stuff is dynamite!) which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our kids had the steak dinner which they raved about afterwards. When ordering we were told that the meals would take about 20 mins to prepare. We had no problem with that as it showed that the food was prepared fresh and to order – and Warren, the owner and chef, did not disappoint.

3  Thank Hamburger03

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We passed upon this restaurant in Black Rock by chance, it's above a small grocery store and not fancy looking from outside. As I am ceoliac I am always concerned that I will be stuck eating a salad while the rest of the group has an amazing meal. Every meal was superb! We had shrimp, chicken, steak and fish and each meal tasted different and delicious. Warren the chef made us rice- a dream for ceoliacs. The vegetables were also wonderful. They didn't have a huge choice of wine by the glass but what they did have was cold and fresh. The homemade ice cream with Hershey's syrup topped off the meal perfectly. I can't fault this place, I loved everything about it. Not cheap, but the service and food was fabulous. I will definitely be back!

2  Thank Sara L
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner came here on Friday for dinner the food we received was excellent I had starter of spicy garlic prawns followed by the shrimp curry my partner had the fish curry nice little find we will be returning

1  Thank Stewart C
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This is the best restaurant in Pleasant Prospect with excellent food. We ate there many times and were never disappointed. The quality and presentation of their food is unbelievable. We were there for the month of February and this was our favourite spot.
Warren and Ria are special people and went out of their way to make sure we had good meals. This place is a must to dine at when visiting Tobago.

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I was in Tobago for the month of February and ate supper, had happy hour and snacks at the Edge on the Reef many times. Warren and Ria are amazing chefs. Everything we had there was out of this world. Warren even opened up early on our last day there to serve us lunch which was a special seafood meal. I will never forget the hospitality that was shown to us. My favourite restaurant in pleasant prospect. Thank you Warren and Ria

1  Thank jpatte4584