I spent my birthday Spa weekend at the Hyatt as a gift from my husband. Room was fine. Bed was comfy. There was garbage in the drawer next to the bed (last guest’s half-used sugar packets). There was only 1 wine glass for us to share. Dinner was tasty but menu was boring. Had 3 different people serving us in their cooking aprons! Would have been nicer to see the wait staff in proper attire.
Beautiful premises but the service has deteriorated significantly since opening. Rotting blackened flowers with murky water on the breakfast table! Enough to upset your whole morning!
Check-in staff member was unenthusiastic & expressionless. Bellhops used to open door for guests, now you have to open it for yourself!
Electricity loss for a few hours at night. I felt that an offer for a small refund on the room bill for the inconvenience should have been given. If not, then at the very least to give complimentary drinks while guests are sitting in the bar & lobby waiting for the electricity to come back.
For the cost of the Spa package, the service should have been better. Mani & Pedi took 4 hours instead of 2-1/4 (very uncomfortable sitting there so long!). The job was shoddy as the polish was bubbling both on my hands & feet. When I showed up on time for my massage, therapist was having lunch and my treatment didn’t start until 1 hour later. Not acceptable! For the cost of the 3 Spa treatments at Hyatt, I could have gotten 10 treatments at La Vita just down the road with far better quality, service and value for money. Disappointing stay.
No notice about parking arrangement so on the first departure from the car park had to pay $45. Only then told to take the slip back to the hotel to get it stamped. Terrible inconvenience. Due to the 3rd party arrangement for parking, they won’t give refunds even if your receipt (after you’ve paid) is stamped when you return to the parking kiosk. Guests should be notified when they enter the carpark, not upon leaving. I won’t be staying at this Hyatt again even though I'm a Gold Passport member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain