USD 257
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
USD 120
USD 290
USD 257
The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
USD 105
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
USD 197
USD 154
Travelocity
Thanna's Place(Port of Spain)
USD 123
USD 105
USD 126
USD 101
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 112/night.

Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 59
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
USD 104
2,462 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewsushiglass showerrain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I had spent a few nights at this hotel during the carnival in February. It was an absolutely wonderful hotel - the modern architecture, the ambience, the proximity to the carnival events, the general professionalism of the staff was noted. There were one or two concerns such as the price of the food and drinks and the attitude of one particular member of staff but I am not going to allow those concerns to devalue the wonderful experience that I had at this hotel. If I do return to T & T, this certainly would be my first choice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I hope the Hyatt stays as is (high end and all) or gets better. If you want quality you gotta pay for it . And this is a quality product. Not for one second did I begrudge the Hyatt one single penny for my wonderful vacation accomodations. My only regret is that I did not get to try everything on the menu. The grilled shrimp served by the pool is fantastic. Big ups to Kevin and Ryan. Kerwin makes the best Margarita and Sylvester serves them with the greastest of ease. Keisha and Chris, two of my dining attendants, were so sweet and attentive. The operators and front desk personnel never picked up the telephone with an attitude no matter how much I bothered them. There is nothing legally that you ask of the Hyatt staff that they will not try to accomodate you with and I did have a couple of outrageous request. My only concern, please don't consider it an improvement to remove the boats that are currently part of the ocean view. I read a previous Hyatt review complaining about the quality of the boats. Keep the boats, its whats separates this Hyatt from many others. Even though the Hyatt was in the city, it didn't feel like I was in the city so I felt no urgency to go to the beach. I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank NewJerseyChee
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt this past carnival 2009. I stay for 4 nights and enjoyed every night. the hotel is very clean and updated. the only down part was the expense. For a regular YoPlat yougart it cost $6 US which was crazy. I didn't realize how much i spent until i actually converted the currency. The hotel restaurant was nice but again expensive. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, but the dinner needed a little more spice. The staff was friendly and attentive. Upon arrival at the hotel my mother and I were greeted with a complimentary champagne, we were also given room cards that are used for the elevators (really cool). The actual hotel was updated, modern and clean. The only update i would do is to included a salon.

I truly enjoyed my trip and will visit again. Hopefully they keep up with their customer service and they will do well.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank salesha
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt for Carnival. The Hyatt is definitely a high end hotel. The check in was smooth and they provided you with a non-alcoholic drink before you get to your beautiful and clean room.
FYI, I did not need a U.S. voltage converter to plug in my curling iron. I was able to use the wall outlet.
For security purposes, you need your room card to use the elevators.
The food at the restaurant in the hotel is good but expensive.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank essense93
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Our first trip to this hotel and we can easily say that our stay was outstanding. From check-in to check-out the service was impeccable. The check-in was easy and quick. The front desk personnel were definitely top shelf, as was every one that we encountered from then on. The Concierge personnel were the same, service with a smile and ready to assist in any way. The restaurant and bar personnel were very personable and so very nice. The Regency club personnel were again, simply so nice and personable and would help in any way that they could. Everyone would always inquire if there was any thing that they could do for us. This included personnel from the doormen to Management. This to us is service that is very professional and personable and not found in too many upper end facilities today. The staff really made us feel welcomed and treated us just like family. We just loved it.
The hotel is beautiful with an impressive lobby/entrance of marble and water walls and pools and glass walls. Very contemporary and very clean. Just check out the "fireplace" in the lounge area, between the water walls.
The rooms are very contemporary with a different layout that included frosted glass panels in the glass enclosed shower and watercloset. And the beds are too comfortable. I say that because we just hated to get out of it to go anywhere. We had a room with the city view and because of the expansive window, we had great views, especially at night.
The Waterfront Restaurant is very nice and we loved the glass enclosed kitchen. You can see the chefs preparing your meals. And Cinammon's deli has pastries, cakes and other pastries to die for. They have one of the better cups of coffee in Port of Spain, but Starbucks it isn't.
The location of the hotel is in a waterfront location that is part of a large complex under construction. The Hyatt seems to be setting the trend in the architecture of the buildings under construction. This area will be the toast of Port of Spain.
We could walk to the downtown shopping and eating establishments. But remember the restaurants cater to a business crowd and usually close early. You do have to take taxis to restaurants that are on the outskirts of the city towards the Savannah and the St. James and Woodbrook areas.
Now, as is the case in every area of the world, there are some areas near the hotel that should be treated with caution because they are not that well lit , under construction and because the area is somewhat deserted.
One other thing, Wrightson Road, which is the main road by the hotel, is to say the least, a speedway. Be extra careful in crossing this 4-6 lane highway, it has some blind curves with speeders in both directions.
The Triniday Hyatt is an excellent place to stay and we shall return.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple