I had a wonderful time at this hotel. We stayed three nights. I simple asked if they had any unoccupied ocean view rooms and they gave me the upgrade for no charge. The view was spectacular and overlooked the entire city, the port, pool and the ocean. If you have AAA, tell them. They don't even require you to have the card on you and the rate went from $162.00 to about $150.00 instantly. Overall, it costed us with taxes and service charges about $178 per night. The AAA discount also gives you a free "continental breakfast" per person per day. I don't know why they called it continental as it just didn't give the breakfast justice. It was FANTASTIC! Fresh coffee, and juices, pastries, eggs made to order, waffles, potatoes etc. There were also a lot of local dishes as well. It was great way to spend the morning sitting out by the water and having a nice breakfast.
They had some wonderful spa products in the showers. The bath salts were a very nice extra addition. The room also had a fridge so we could chill a few beers and some wines.I thought it was nice that they gave us two free bottled waters in our rooms each day. When you arrive they give you a nice glass of sparkling wine or soda etc. It was refreshing after being in the heat for so long. The pool is small but nice. There are a lot of children so go either earlier in the morning or later on during the day to get peace and quite. Moms, be careful with your children around the edges of the pools as the tile they have is extremely slippery. When I was there, several people slipped and a child actually cracked his head open. They really need to address this issue and I hope they do so soon. The food at the pool was very American, which for us was welcomed.
Our wake up calls happened and all our requests were attended to almost immediately. The airport drive was on time and professional. The taxis we called from the Hyatt showed up as promised and charged what the hotel promised. Don't plan on changing money at the hotel. Their US to TT rate was only 5.8 and you can only change $100 US per room per day. Go to the western union in the mall across the street where they don't have restrictions and low rates.
Overall, I am so glad that I found this place. It really made our last three days in Trinidad memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain