Arrived at the airport 8PM the 9/12. The pick up car the hotel promised to send send was not there. No other taxies were available. It was raining. A private individual (pirate Taxi), driven by a nice Indian gentlemen took us to the hotel. 30 $ US. I complained to Amit in the reception, who acted very profesional, excused on behalf of the hotel, etc, arranged complimentary transportation the following day, and free wi-fi. Good man. Arriving at the room we found out the mini bar was empty. No cold drinks! The bell boy explained to us, that the fridge was empty because the cleaning staff stole the content, so management have decided not to fill. After that information we carried our valuables with us all the time around in the hotel.
The restaurant, room, breakfast all OK.
The following day Ingr.. , the concierge took our unpleasant experience from the day before as a joke, and even teased me, when we showed up 8 minutes before the scheduled departure 2PM, to check whether the car was available or not. Beware: The traffic is a huge problem, after 3 PM it can take 2 hours to reach the airport.
Conclusion: First and last time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain