USD 228
USD 222
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
USD 120
USD 290
USD 257
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
USD 198
USD 154
Thanna's Place(Port of Spain)
USD 123
USD 105
USD 126
USD 101
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 113/night.

Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 59
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
USD 104
Travelocity
Abriannas Inn(Port of Spain)
USD 143
USD 139
Travelocity
2,463 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewsushiglass showerrain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I really like the Hyatt Trinidad in general, but if you are conducting business and planning meetings at the Hyatt you can be sure to have headaches with Front desk, registration and the managers.

The parties at hand are not insinc with each other and this causes a huge problem for records management in the interim.

The front desk staff in general are not nice people and the service is deplorable. the bell guys are nice and very helpful as well as the wait staff in the restaurant.

Nice hotel and wonderful rooms cannot cut it the customer service is crap! Will not recommend for business purposes - get your accounts department in order.

Room Tip: The higher floors has nice rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Supadancer_11
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I honestly had the highest hoped for my stay at the Hyatt, as I previously stayed at the Andaz and was won over. So much so that I became a gold member. Initially the stay was great, we were greeted with champagne and were promptly escorted to our room and then given a tour. It was only after we were left alone that I noticed the cobsolete below the television was dusty and there were ants running on it. As I turned to my right towards the mirror did I see more ants running on he floor! !!!!!! I was stunned and petrified. Shocked that a hotel with such high ratings and reviews had ants! And to make matters worse the air conditioner did not work! We called downstairs to speak to a manager and someone with the last name Readhead came upstairs and told us they would give me 500 points and would work on getting the room fumigated. I was never offered an upgrade or new room for my two night stay. It was only when I went to the front desk that they gave me a new room. I will NEVER EVER stay at the hyatt again. I expected so much more but this just left me disgusted at the cleanliness and my overall stay. Looking back I should have asked for a full refund. I also recorded a video of the ants and would love to show a district or regional manager of the conditions I was subjected to at a hefty price. Ants were not in the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2012
7  Thank Socabebe1o
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This brand new hotel on the shore of the harbor in Port of Spain is adjacent to the new Parliament building, and in walking distance to the center of town. You leave the dirty city streets outside. Inside it is bright, airy and beautifully designed. They are security minded and your safety is foremost with keycards protecting any movement on the elevators. There are several options for dining and refreshments. Our favorite was the sushi bar, with a very talented chef. Ask him to prepare something not on the menu. The patio dining overlooking the harbor is well sheltered from the occasional tropical rain burst . The infinity pool opens to a view of the harbor, and a (not hot) tub, more of a pulsing-water jet tub. The rooms are beautifully decorated with glass enclosed rain showers. They feel luxurious and comfortable. Definitely ask for a water view! If you are going or coming from Tobago, the ferry is just a stones throw away. The airport is about a 30 minute ride.This is a great location. Restaurant service ran the gamut from very helpful to forgetful, but this could be a case of new staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I just wanted some time out last saturday, "training to be a tour guide is great, but lots of fun work". Made Hyatt, Trinidad my choice, wow, wow, the bar, the faces, the service.

Took in the independence scenic view with the ocean in the background, the halo of the blue skies and wow the service of the staff at HYATT, Hey all i had was a drink and some free snacks.

These guys/gals treated me like i was royalty. Your customer service rocks, thanks to Windell and the girls. Hey keep up the great work.

By the way I am a Trini. Your washrooms rock and it's true, you walk around the Hyatt and feel as though you belong. Great place to relax, spend a weekend with family and friends.

Johanna

Room Tip: Tell the staff your preference, they are honest and will guide you to your preference. Psst. thats my secret
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The staff has been absolutely fabulous. I usually stay at the Hilton here in Trinidad and this was my first time at the Hyatt. The Hilton is dated while the Hyatt is modern. Amit checked my family and I in. Hewas very polite, efficient and a tremendous ambassador of the Hyatt brand. My interactions with the other staff have also been excellent. My family has found a new place to stay in Trinidad. I will never stay at the Hilton again if the Hyatt is an option.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family