“Great view good food”

L'Auberge des Grenadines
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Bequia
Price range: USD 15 - USD 70
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Beautiful view of the bay. End of the season so they ran low on beer changing brands with every order. Food was good I had Barracuda. Staff was friendly and took great care of us. Definitely worth your time to visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Sadly Jacques and Eileen closed L'Auberge in June 2017 to relocate to Dominica. .This has left a huge space in the Bequia restaurant scene as this was by far the best and really the only fine dining establishment. Surprisingly no one has succeeded them and we wait to see what will emerge in the 2017/18 winter season. On a personal level we have been told thatThe Thevenot's survived the hurricane that decimated Dominica with a little damage to their new home but like the rest of the island have no power or communications.

2  Thank intervale
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We were absolutely gutted to find that the restaurant had closed and the proprietors had moved, we heard to Guadeloupe Dominica and a small island somewhere off Guadeloupe. But gone they have, and with it the best restaurant on Bequia.
It's not like we had many places to choose from in the first place but now we have one less.

2  Thank Andyandnicki
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

This as my birthday outing and I sat in Robert DeNiro's chair - well it said so on the back! Although we were the only diners the service and food was faultless though I wish the waitresses could have remained a little bit more out of sight as we were eating. I had lobster tail flambeed in a rum sauce and my partner had plain grilled whole lobster ....both were exceptional and my partners carpaccio starter was to die for. All washed down with a bottle of delightful if expensive champagne...but if it was good enough for Robert .....

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I suppose my expectations were too high based on all the recommendations for this restaurant.

The front entrance to this establishment is a bit bleak looking; a run down unkempt 'pond' full of murky water and weeds and a concrete floor in need of paint. Upstairs at the actual restaurant, the space is OK, nothing fancy by way of decoration, but OK.

The menu appears to be a West Indian/French fusion and there is an extensive wine list. The main courses do not come with any side dishes, you have to order them separately at additional cost.

I ordered the lobster done with a rum reduction. The lobster was fresh and cooked properly as one would expect. The plate was covered with some mystery pinkish sauce that didn't taste of rum, or anything else for that matter. The plantain side dish was quite good. The salad came without any sort of vinaigrette
or other salad dressing. This seems to be a Vincy custom to serve unadorned salads. When I asked for a vinaigrette I was given a bottle of balsamic vinegar.

My husband ordered the beef tenderloin. The beef was cooked to his liking, but again that weird pink flavorless sauce. His fries were just the typical frozen bland things without any seasoning whatsoever.

The service was prompt and friendly, no complaints there.

I would seriously debate anyone who tells me this is the best restaurant on the island.

1  Thank Ivona B