All reviews lobster sandwich sugar mill spring fed pool flora and fauna lush gardens delicious lunch rum punch worth the trip beautiful setting very special place four seasons one of a kind dining experience the wait staff our honeymoon plantation montserrat
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

On a recent trip to St Kitts, my husband and I ventured to Nevis for s day. We had been to Golden Rock once for a short visit, but we had not dined there. Eating for lunch was a must, and we loved it! The setting was amazing. And, I must be a tomato snob because the tomato on my bbq sandwich will go down as the best I have ever eaten! Our food was delish. And the Carib beer with the ting ended up being my go to beverage for the remainder of our trip. We can’t wait to go back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Golden R, General Manager at Golden Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review. Indeed most of our fruits and vegetables are sourced from local farms around Nevis and are picked ripe off the tree. This give them the great fresh taste. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Golden Rock Team

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We stayed elsewhere on the island but my wife and I came here for lunch and to see the grounds. It feels like a botanical garden. There are many little paths to explore through a variety of wonderful flowering plants. Keep an eye out for mango trees and you may spot a monkey! There is a marked hike that goes through a winding rainforest to a point halfway up the mountain. Plan 3-5 hours and bring plenty of water and where good hiking shoes if you want to attempted it.

The food was excellent, particularly the conch chowder and the jerk pork sandwich.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Golden R, General Manager at Golden Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. Indeed some of the nicest hikes on Nevis can be found right outside our doorstep! We hope to welcome you back one day and perhaps host you in one of our beautifully appointed rooms or suites. Best wishes, The Golden Rock Team

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We’ll stay here if we are ever in Nevis again. Be sure to visit the bar at the very least. You won’t want to go and you’ll stay for a yummy dinner. Beautiful and strong drinks. We were two families of 4. The first dinner was adults only but we returned with the teens for a second dinner to share the special experience. The decor is to die for, the vibe is sexy boho chic and everyone from the bartender to the wait staff make you feel like a friend. Not only is this the best restaurant on Nevis but one of my top restaurants in the world. I want my last meal on earth to be the conch chowder.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Golden R, General Manager at Golden Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for such a fantastic review and for summing up the best parts about Golden Rock in such a pleasant and laudative manner. We hope to welcome you back really soon. The Golden Rock Team

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Fabulous Golden Rock Inn on beautiful Nevis !
The old Sugar mill suite was our room which was especially magical early in the morning and at dusk with the many hummingbirds that feasted on the flowers that drape the mill.
Service was good and the food excellent!
I would highly recommend the inn to all visitors and locals.

1  Thank Safarigreg
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This is a very special place. The location is adjacent to the rain forests of Nevis where the air is cool and moist. Surprisingly, no mosquitos! The setting is nothing short of perfect being a renovated sugar mill. Much of the stone original stones buildings have been preserved and modernized with surrounding botanical gardens, reflection pools, Lilly pads and koi carp. Cocktails are beautifully crafted augmenting the experience. Dinner was exceptional with superb service. The conch chowder, a Caribbean favorite, was creamy and uniquely savory without the usual spicey heat. Wine selection is adequate. I had the chicken and my friend had the lamb. Both were professionally crafted and the portions were ample. As with fine dinning in the Caribbean, a bit pricey, but well worth the experience and a place where I continue returning. Magical!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank borisek2017
Golden R, General Manager at Golden Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words and fantastic description of the lovely Golden Rock! Great to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our dishes and you got to experience the great Caribbean hospitality that Nevis is known for. We look forward to welcome you back really soon! The Golden Rock Team