All reviews dive shop swim with dolphins close to town luxury hotel sunset cruise dive boat captain the reefs full service plan to return peace and quiet sister island bottom line kitts insects
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Captain Crabbe is authentic island personality. he kind of hangs at this place and helps the occasional guest. he works for the dive shop on site.
We dove with another company Prodiverstkitts had a wonderful time. brought back lion fish and lobsters to have the hotel restaurant prepare daily which was nicely done all the same way every time. it seemed most restaurants on the island wont cook fresh caught game for "health safety reasons ". but many places do offer those foods on the menu. this was a nice plus for this hotel for us. kind of a mom and family run open air very relaxed pace service place. leave lots of time, any meal.

simple rooms adequate (reasonably noisy) air conditioning. monkeys in the courtyard dolphins in the pens below the hotel quiet out of the way not very busy . staff was adequate, but not friendly. fairly passive in general. just there getting by .
Absolutely must be able to handle your own bags and up and own steep hill and many stairs.

Room Tip: we were located above the restaurant near the pool, kitchen rooms middle, one day loud kids in the pool. not a problem
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karl J
Reviewed 6 March 2018

When one travels extensively, you get to understand that hotels like this one are the norm. its close to town, its a bit grubby, but overall clean, restaurant is overpriced and the food is awful (brekkie was ok...you cant screw up eggs and bacon). the room was basically clean, i.e. no big uglies..but the whole hotel is in need of major overhaul, piece by piece....I probably would stay again due to location and excellent staff, but the price is high for this level of comfort and convenience.....spend some money folks and bring this hotel back to 3 star status and more.

Room Tip: ask for corner room and on second floor to get breezes and avoid chickens
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is not a 5 star American luxury hotel - this is a locally owned and run tropical hotel so get used to it !
We had absolutely no complaints - great view, quiet, decent food and service.

We requested a top floor quiet room and that is exactly what we got.

The restaurant served a good breakfast - service is island style: no great urgency and not the most logical "delivery" but this is to be expected in a local establishment in the islands.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm 504 - top floor, 2 queen beds, non smoking, quiet - great ocean view !
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I was traveling to another island and had to stay 1 night in St Kitts. Arriving at the hotel after 9pm the restaurant was closed and I could not get food. The room was clean, although the linen could have been better. There was no water, coffee or tea in the room. The phone did not work and the look on the door made me feel not so safe. The room was spacious and this I appreciated along with the view from the balcony in the morning. The staff at reception can benefit from some training to make sure guest feel welcomed and increase their efficiency.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This place is not worth it. I got into my room and there was black stuff on the inside of the toilet. I saw 2 curly hairs on my bed, the towels had purple streaks on them, and I kept killing tiny creatures (I assume they were termites) from the wood desk. Even the mat for the bathroom had hair on it and some spots. It's far from any points of interest and I really would not recommend it. The pictures make it look better than it actually is. Would not recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo