It's a very nice, clean condo with perfect location close to everything. Grocery store, beer store, beach, and some great restaunts all within a 2 minute walk. The owner was very knowledgeable and helpful with whatever we needed!
This property exceeded our expectations! Literally a stones throw away from 7 mile beach (access is across the street), it was the perfect location to explore Grand Cayman Island. Park Place condos are located near the Westin and Ritz Carlton and directly across the street from the Beachcomber. The condo fit our group of four perfectly with a full kitchen (the owner of the property is a chef), washer and dryer, and covered parking. The amenities provided are truly unmatched; laundry detergent, shampoo/conditioner, fast wifi, beach chairs, beach mat, cooler, and boogie board were all available to us during our stay. Discounts are also available for a Thai Orchid restaurant & Red Sail via this rental property. Also, just a few feet away are two excellent restaurants- Copper Falls Steakhouse & Edoardos (Italian) as well as a supermarket and liquor store.
The property manager, Graham, went out of his way to make us feel welcome. He gave us excellent advice on local restaurants, provided us with snorkeling gear, gave us a prepaid cellphone to make local calls/reservations, and even picked us fresh starfruit! He was waiting for us upon arrival to Grand Cayman and could not have made the process easier. Our condo was sparkling clean and ready for us upon arrival and clearly well maintained & new.
A few recommendations for those traveling to Grand Cayman:
- Rent a car: get lost and discover one of the many beautiful, free public beaches :). We had fun driving to different beaches and snorkeling (check out Testudo's snorkel guide blog)
- If you are interested in learning to scuba dive, this is the place! Check out Don Foster which offers a Discover Scuba class which allows you to dive at Stingray City without being certified
- Skip a visit to the town of "Hell"
- Highly recommend the FREE catamaran from Safehaven Dock to Rum Pt (about a 1 hr boat ride) at sunset and dinner at Rum Point
- Check out Craft Food & Beverage Co in Georgetown for good craft beer (hard to find on the Island) & delicious food
- Check out Queen Elizabeth Botanical gardens to see the Cayman Blue Iguana in its natural habitat or in our case we saw it the parking lot :)
- Bring an underwater camera for sure (love my Nikon Coolpix; not only is it affordable but I was able to capture some amazing shots)
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|