“Amazing Chai Latte”

Paperman's Coffeehouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I love this little coffee shop! It became a daily stop on our holiday. Their house made iced chai lattes are incredible. They also have one heck of a baker, the treats were divine!

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I always make a beeline for Papermans whenever I'm on the island. This is a small chain of three coffee hoses. The coffee is some of the best I've had anywhere and the staff are always friendly. Pastries and sandwiches are always top-notch. Prices are fairly expensive, but that goes fir the whole of a Grand Cayman! This is a relaxing place to sit, away from the bustle of SMB, located in the Strand shopping centre. A great place just to kick back and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Was looking for a spot to get some GOOD coffee this morning while on a family vacation. Found some reviews of this place online and recognized the shopping center so off we went.

Location was hard to find if you didn't know what you were looking for, as the sign for the shop is behind a staircase! Obviously doesn't take away from the business because there was barely a seat to be found when we walked in. Seems to be a place where locals like to go. Very quaint design indoors, pretty artwork, looks very clean, and plenty of seating despite being a small shop.

We were there around 1030am so we all wanted breakfast. I ordered a BLT croissant and both the boys ordered breakfast burrito wraps, described as "eggs, cheese, potatoes" and they both elected to add bacon as well. We also ordered lattes and one regular drip coffee.

The lattes and coffee were ready very quickly and were delicious! Piping hot and took a few minutes before we could even take a sip! A few minutes later our food came out. My BLT croissant was actually just a toasted croissant with bacon and tomato....it was missing the "L" but I decided lettuce wasn't the most important ingredient and let it slide. The boys wraps however, we chock full of broccoli! Talk about a weird breakfast wrap, especially when you're only expecting bacon eggs and cheese! It wasn't the end of the world though. We didn't complain or ask for anything to be changed, we just ate it.

The real disappointing part, aside from having surprise broccoli stuck in your breakfast sandwich, was the attitude of the staff. First of all, when we ordered our food and coffees, we asked for tap water but never got any. I went back up to the counter to ask for some after the food had been delivered to the table, and the girl who had taken our orders was busy writing on a menu. I stood back and waited for her to finish, but she looked up at me and said "yeah?" So I asked if I could please have a tap water. She literally THREW the pen she was writing with on the counter, walked off and brought back a water that she pushed towards me with as much force as possible without spilling the whole cup. I said thank you and she didn't even look back up at me or acknowledge that I had spoken. My brother went back up a little later to ask for a refill and was treated the same.

In a place where water is generally charged for, other than tap water, which many people don't like to drink, you'd think it would make it easier to just have a pitcher of tap water out with the coffee condiments....especially when it's such a great inconvenience to ask the staff to get you some water!

Immediately after our water incident, the same girl was greeted by another customer who I'm guessing was a local, whom she hugged and kissed on both cheeks, and acted like another person altogether than the one who had just waited on us. This same thing happened with three other guests while we were there; the waitress called to the guests by name, laughed and talked with them, and hugged them. But I also noticed one other customer who didn't appear to know the waitress who got the same flippant attitude that we seemed to get when ordering.

Maybe we did something or acted a certain way that we were unaware of to offend the staff? Maybe they're just used to their local and recurring visitors and aren't friendly to outsiders? I don't know the reason for the poor service and attitude, but it will probably keep us from going back.

The coffee was actually very tasty though, and my croissant was also yummy. Even though it was missing lettuce...:)

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This was a great find in Seven Mile Beach. Located in The Strand shopping center (back in the corner), between the highway and West Bay Rd. All of their coffee beans are fresh roasted in the shop, so this is probably the freshest coffee you are going to get on the West side. Yummy treats too! With this place to get morning coffee or afternoon tea, we did not miss Starbucks while on vacation on Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately I can't comment on the coffee or the breakfast or the ambiance - although I was really keen to experience them all. Once again, in the Caymans the location shown on the map and the actual location are poles apart. After walking for 20 minutes to the point on the map - a local hotel said it was no where near and I'd need a taxi. C'mon TA that's 2 for 2 (yoshi also 2.6 km adrift)

2  Thank Selltech