We were guests at this hotel about a week ago from Thursday to Sunday. Like many reviews, clearly one of the best attributes is its proximity to the beach, without the prohibitive costs. A short 20-30 yard walk on a sandy path leads you to arguably one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. When we shopped for a hotel, 7 mile has many directly on the sand. And they are really nice, but comes at a cost. As far as this hotel itself, it is immaculately maintained.
The free breakfast was great and the staff at every encounter was incredibly nice - so much so that my cynicism was on alert as if to think are these people really this friendly or am I being messed with? This was a common theme with everyone we encountered in Grand Cayman.
There is a bar/restaurant on premises which was a bit expensive but ok. TBH it was a little to hot to eat al fresco. You are in walking distance to liquor/wine/beer stores so your fridge in the room will come in handy to bring beverages to the beach. Bring a soft cooler with you on your vacation. Bottom line, this is where I would return in a second.
Our Room and the common areas were very clean, well maintained and spacious. One fun fact - slowest elevators I have ever been in. Not old or badly maintained at all. Just slllloooowww. Island time, I guess.
The beach - they have about 20 chairs and the guy will set you up with an umbrella no problem and they have an artificial reef about 50 feet off of the beach in about 4 feet of water so bring your mask. It was great.
If I had any negatives - they really aren't the hotels fault but they could help - taxis are expensive - $18 for a 3 mile ride from the airport - Buses cost 2.50 US. They look exactly like taxis only they have "Public Bus" decals on them. Do everyone a favor and post a sign at the desk the typical hours of Public Bus operation. Took a bus to a restaurant Saturday night for dinner and at 8:30 pm we had to walk the 2 miles back because the buses had stopped running. (The bride was not having a 20 dollar cab ride). At least we could have known ahead of time. On the upside the area appears very safe so the walk while hot and sweaty and annoying, was never a cause for alarm. I'm told that the entire island is very safe and has very low crime. Thankfully the bar across the street and slightly down the block had a good DJ and cold Caybrews to make up for the walk.
It is within walking distance to several area bars, clubs and restaurants as well, and of course the other hotels restaurants and bars are happy to have your business as well. Everyone, both guests and staff gave amazing advice and suggestions for food and entertainment so make sure to ask a lot of questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands