All reviews soft opening swim up bar the open air lobby cove area jimmy buffet protected lagoon breakfast counter wednesday and friday small lagoon styrofoam cooler huge tv construction noise full length mirror island life pools are great all inclusive package grand cayman
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Must say I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the room. The air conditioning was excellent and the cable and internet very good. I want to say that the restaurant on site was excellent at many levels and the food was well may I say spectacular.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mville_cayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you Neil for your kind review and recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and explored our resort restaurants. We look forward in seeing you back on your next visit to Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Location on 7-mile beach is great, but the rooms while recent renovated have are tiny with little to offer and junky furniture. We were also surprised when we entered our room and there was NO FRIDGE! We asked if rooms with fridges were available and were told no regular rooms had them (only suites) but could bring us one. The next day they finally did put one in while we were out, but the only place to put it in the tiny room blocked access to the closet!
Poorly though out rooms for a tropical location

Room Tip: I guess I could only recommend a suite as the regular rooms are so small and ill-equipped
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WopOnTour
Mville_cayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Guest;

We do apologize for any inconveniences you had while staying with us. I will address with the team as to why your room had no frig, as our standard is that all rooms are equipped with one; which is conveniently located in a designated space under the wet bar. Thank you for your review, and recent stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Just came back from a 7 night stay here with my husband and another couple.
First some pluses, we found MOST of the staff very friendly and accomodating. The lobby area is lovely and tropical feeling. The rooms are decorated nicely with a tropical Margaritaville feel.
Now the bad, one bartender, "Ronnie", was rude and condescending! The drinks were expensive and tasted like 7-11 slurpees. The food unimpressive and bland. There was unfinished drywall just nailed up randomly on the 3rd floor just outside the elevator. The doors dont seem to fit the door jams, it's as if the door is not big enough and the gaps are way too big. The rooms have that musty odor to them, like wet dog. The swimming lagoon is not beautiful like the rest of 7 miles beach, and it's filled with grass type seaweed... YUCK!
I am so disappointed in this hotel, I had such high expectations as this is our 2nd time to Grand Cayman and we stayed at the Westin last time.... I guess we will stay with what we know is good.... no more Margaritaville for us. We found ourselves swimming at the Westin and eatting at XQ (next to Margaritaville) and Coconut Joes as well as several other local establishments.
Dont waste your money on this hotel. I would say Im fair in my reviews, giving my honest opinions in hopes of helping others make informed decisions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendybird23
Mville_cayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you Wendy for your recent stay and feedback. We do apologize our behalf of our service team and will address on how we service our customers in a more friendly and inviting manner. As well review the procedure and content of making the frozen cocktails. I have also conveyed your notes regarding the rooms to our team to address these concerns and ensure our future guests do not adhere to the same issues.

Again, we do apologize that we did not deliver a better experience and will ensure we correct immediately.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My family and I visited this property in June. I booked our vacation through Travelocity. We booked the all inclusive package you have to stay 4days and I thought it would be ok to do this because we have booked all inclusive packages in the past which my family and I enjoyed and it saves you money. Check in was quick front desk clerk was friendly and greeting us with a drink. She explain the all inclusive package and I was speechless. There are 2 restaurants on the property. 5o clock somewhere, Its like a fast food without the drive through window your nachos, chicken wings etc. and sometimes breakfast is served if weather permits, you can ordered anything off there menu. Yara has a menu only for all inclusive package you can not ordered off there main menu just all inclusive and it was not good. After the 2 day we had to eat off the property. This hotel is still under construction they really need to close it down until it is complete. Attendance was down, the only entertainment they had was a loud awful band trying to play and sing country music on Wednesday and Friday. No gym, No pool activities. NOTHING!!. We were so bored we went to the Marriott which is a beautiful resort for a beach party one night, nothing like that there. Our room looked as if they attempt to do some renovations No where near my expectations. Water not flowing properly, cracks under the room door, ants, and bugs in the room. We had a miserable stay at this hotel and I will refer it as that and will Never Visit again. I rate this HOTEL a 2.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mville_cayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest:

We apologize that we were unable to fulfill your expectations with our AI package. We will review the offerings to ensure our AI guests are getting the most out of their stay. We do have 1 other restaurant not opened, which will be completed in next month and changing our Grab n Go in our Lobby to Pizza and Ice Cream Concept. Yara will also be changing to a more casual dining concept where entire menu will be available for AI guest. We are sorry these were not available during your stay. For the gym, although not yet open, we do offer complementary passes to the World Gym and will ensure we are conveying this to each of our guests upon check in.

Again we do apologize we had missed the mark on your stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Nice atmosphere when you arrive. Down hill from there. Room was musty and furniture stained. Beds okay for comfy, although placed about 6-8 inches from wall headboard which causes your pillow to fall into at night and then you have no pillow. Seemingly no one around so you had the run of pool and beach. Cleanliness was a major issue, so much so that we checked out and moved up the street to the Marriott after night two. Night and day difference. You pay double but service and amenities are triple. Not what other Margarittaville resorts are like. Stay away. Seems that they put a coat of paint on an old old motel and hope it sells.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mville_cayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest;

We do apologize for your quick change in scenery and thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We will revisit your comments to see if there are ways we can better prepare ourselves and ensure our guests receive the delivery of expectations they deserve.

Thank you again for your recent stay.