“Wonderful”

Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The stay was incredible for a honeymoon. Totally enjoyable. This venue is recommended for anyone who wants a quiet and R&R. Be sure to book before your stay and let them know before your reason for booking at this hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HHGCayman, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bibi S,
Thank you for your feedback of your stay at our lovely Resort. I am delighted to hear that you decided to spend your honeymoon with us, and that you had such a lovely time. I also sincerely appreciate your loyalty to us. We hope to welcome you again during your next life event.

There are newer reviews for Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I booked this hotel after my cousin told me about the renovations and the newly updated accommodations. I was actually really excited to stay at the hotel since it would be cost effective and close to town. I was extremely disappointed for a few reasons. The first reason is that the food is not very good, yet it's very pricey (this isn't specific to the hotel, food is expensive in general, but it could at least be good.) Secondly, during our stay, the water pump broke and we had no water at all and had to shower with bottled water. I do understand that these things can happen, no one is perfect, and no hotel is perfect, but I had a rehearsal dinner to attend with two other guests, and we all had to shower with all of 4 tiny bottles of water. To make matters worse, when I went to the lobby to complain, I saw a huge rat on top of one of the refrigerators. This creeped me out. The hotel said that since they have an open lobby these they can't control if rats want to pass through. Well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. All I could think is that I was eating food from their restaurant, and there are rats there. I should say that the hotel was gracious enough to move us to a high-end hotel not far away. I wish this solved my problem. I spent the morning migrating to this new hotel and I couldn't check in until about 10 am and I had a 12oclock wedding. It was a disaster, multiple people getting ready for a wedding with barely two hours to go. If I didn't have a wedding and a rehearsal dinner to attend I would be able to sympathize with the hotel, but unfortunately, I can't. In the future, I would advise the staff at the hotel to have a backup plan for incidents like this and buy some poison to deal with the rat situation. I was extremely pleased with the staff, and even the room, but not my overall experience, or being inconvenienced during such an important day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Donna-Marie C
HHGCayman, Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Donna-Marie C ,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman. I am truly disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not the five-star experience that you were expecting and sincerely apologize for our unforeseen circumstance.

We always strive for excellence within our resort and I thank you for your kind words regarding our team, these are surely passed along to highlight areas of positive engagement as well as opportunity.

Your comments are appreciated and have been addressed to our departments involved for us to improve our services for you and our future guests. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family again at the Margaritaville Beach Resort.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel was very nice, clean, modern, everything is close (restaurants, gas station, beaches) plus has private beach, pool with bar access so you can drink while inside the pool which was pretty cool for us. The people there are very nice and kind to assist at any time, room was spectacular with pool view/balcony, latest 55' flat screen HDTV. Family friendly so I highly recommend it, definitely worth every penny.

Room Tip: nice view, accessible, free parking, complimentary drinks
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joelantonio87
Antonio A, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Resort. I’m sharing your review with my team immediately. We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated all of the little details that make our Resort such a special place. I hope to welcome you again when you next visit Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I'm bitterly disappointed and I haven't even been there. I made a reservation 6 months ago with the full understanding the hotel was under construction and in a soft opening state. The initial email contact from the hotel staff and the other reviews during still had my expectations high. However, this morning I has notified an email that they would not be able to honor my reservation which was scheduled to begin tomorrow. I attempted to contact them directly via several phone numbers provided, but all reported unable to complete the call. I was able to send an email with my concern that they did reply to within about an hour that said please accept our apology for the inconvenience and Travelocity would be able to help me to make a reservation at another resort. Thankfully, that is exactly was Travelocity was able to do and now I'm staying at another resort. My advice, stay away until they get everything worked out and hopefully you will have a much better experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve M
Antonio A, General Manager at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Steve M,

On behalf of our team and management here at Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and difficulties that you experienced with booking your stay. We are sincerely disappointed to hear that you did not have a chance to experience our hospitality. The changes made on your behalf are due to a maintenance issue at the resort beyond our control; I can assure you that your review has been addressed with our concerned departments to improve our on-property experience for each and every guest. We appreciate your business and we want to ensure our guests have a great experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jocelyn@howardhg.com if I can assist you in any way.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and let us know of your next trip to Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Beautiful open air lobby, furniture extremely uncomfortable, although nice appearance, very loud music and close to main road, loud road noise. Pools very outdated. Several room issues re shower head and outside hall lights that should have been noticed with greater attention to details. No ice machines, gym not open, still major construction area although does not appear to be much work done. Many issues to be worked out, tried to reach out to hotel manager, several emails sent, no response.

Room Tip: Might be better experience in another 6 months or longer as they appear to be working on "islan...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmp2825

Dear kmp2825,

On behalf of the management and staff of our beautiful resort, we’d like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed or meet your expectations during your stay. I can assure you that your review has been addressed with the concerned departments to improve our on-property experience for every guest. We appreciate your business and we want to ensure our guests have a great experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jocelyn@howardhg.com if I can assist you in any way.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us on your next trip to Grand Cayman.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
0.4 km away
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
31.0 km away
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Seven Mile Beach

Been to Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!