“I should have believed pictures”

7 Mile Beach Resort and Club
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I just returned from a disappointing week at the Seven Mile Beach Resort. I should have believed the pictures of the construction and the dirty outdoor furniture. We actually had to put towels to sit on the chairs. All the other time share places have been wonderful, but not this one. The beach umbrellas were broken (one broke in half while I was sitting there) we were told they were going to be fixed that night, seven days later they were still broken. We were told to just leave bags of garbage on grounds outside room and someone would pick it up. The staff was friendly and did what they could but the condition of this resort and beach was beyond their control. I called in advance and asked about construction, I was told it was the office that was under construction, what they failed to mention that the office was the whole length of the pool with cement blocks and pipes sticking out and workers with cement machines starting around 7:00am-8:00 am. I was told while there that the construction would be finished in 2019. At the rate they were working I doubt it.

Room Tip: All rooms face construction
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank LiLamon
There are newer reviews for 7 Mile Beach Resort and Club

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I've been going down to this beach. for 2 years. This beach is top notch clean, people are friendly, plenty of parking and the views are breath taking. I Highly recommend this place. Great family beach.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joycecintron
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

What a great experience. Short walk to the scenic beach and to the local eateries. I recommend Coconut Joe's across the street. Staff were attentive and professional. Cleaning staff helped out when someone got sick. Treated us like family. Pool is grest and don't worry about the construction... they work during the time most are out exploring the island. Kirk' s grocery store is a minute down the road. Get your food there and use the kitchen. Next time I'm in the British West Indies, this is where I will stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank 316jamesbb
Reviewed 16 June 2017

It's been 7 years since we last stayed at the 7 Mile Beach Resort. Yes, it is currently under construction, but they have had to wait a long time to rebuild their office and club house that was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan. I love the two bedroom suites, everything you need is there: a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, living room. We had a little trouble figuring out the t.v./dvd instructions, but our 15 year old got it in about 10 seconds. We reserved a stingray city trip through the office with Captain Marvin's, as the resort's boat is out of services. Great tour. We had two units, one of which was on the third floor at the end of the middle building and had an additional open balcony next to the front door. You could see the ocean from there, which was nice. It only took a couple of minutes to walk to the beach from our units. The day we went out to the beach, they had umbrellas out over the chairs, so we didn't need to retrieve ours from our room. We used the grill and the pool every night, so we didn't have any issues with construction. Our daytimes were spent at various beaches, including Rum Point and Smith Cove. We also made sure to walk on the beach almost every day. We did take advantage of one resort activity: Tuesday evening rum punch and Karaoke. There were six in our group: my husband & I, our 15 year old son, my parents and my mother-in-law. We all had a wonderful time. I can't wait until we are able to visit again and we can see the completion of the construction. Thank you to everyone at the resort who made our trip so wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Buffy24
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on price (cheap) and size of room (2 bedrooms plus kitchen). That did not disappoint. But not overly impressed. Here are the pro/cons

Pros:
clean, cheap, centrally located, good parking.
Laundry in the room is a huge bonus.
Decent wifi.

Cons:
construction!! The construction is right in the complex. Starts early!

Due to construction, the pool is effectively not useable. It is available, but right adjacent to construction and far too noisy and dusty. Same for the patios that all face the courtyard/construction.

It is a short walk to the beach, through a small pathway. No natural side, and very few beach umbrellas. No beach attendant ( they say there is one, never saw him), and have to bring your own patio umbrella down to the beach if you want shade. Those things are cumbersome.

Also, there was no instruction upon check-in about anything (eg where the beach chairs/ umbrellas were, when to expect maid service).

All in all, I didn't mark down for construction(annoying, but temporary), it just could use more overall general service.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family