Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Great fishing day

Captain Jon and PJ were awesome! Very knowledgeable and they worked hard to get us for fish! I’ve... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Claude_Plamondon
Grand Cayman
via mobile
One For the Books!

Captain Jon provided an absolutely epic day out! Great boat, great crew and one of the better bites... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from USD 45.00
from USD 45.00
from USD 15.00
More Info
All reviews captain jon mahi blue marlin fish waterfront restaurant sting ray city camana bay caught barracuda grand cayman great trip great boat these guys half day trip cayman islands highlight of our trip filet snorkel spot
Reviewed 4 April 2018

After researching the best deep sea charters for our first trip to Grand Cayman, we decided to give Slackem and Jon a chance. From beginning to end, Stephanie and Jon were attentive and gave us all info we needed in a timely manner. Our group of 7 decided to charter Jon's 62 foot boat, what a treat! PJ and Jon accommodated our trip for some deep sea fishing and we were able to finish up with stingray city! We caught 5 mani and were able to feed and hold the Stingray's. Again, thanks to the Slackem team; I have chartered boats in California, Spain, Cabo San Lucas, Miami, etc. and this was the easiest to book experience with the best captain and crew. I will be back!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Was lucky enough to get to spend 1/2 day on the water with Captain Jon and crew on Keeping It Reel. Great boat and very fun experience. Weather turned a bit, so fish tough to find, but my son and his buddy both caught nice barracuda's. Amazing communication pre-excursion with Stephanie. She was great to work with and answered all questions promptly. Even a problem during the week we were there was handled quickly and promptly and their flexibility allowed for a great time on the water. Highly recommend to anyone looking to fish in Cayman!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Wow! Amazing charter. Took our group of 21 all day. Fished and caught 5 barracuda. Then did starfish cove. Then stingray island and lastly snorkeling. Crew was awesome. Captain is an awesome guy! Would go again! Must do.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I had the opportunity to go fishing with Captain John and First mate Lee along with my wife and three other couples. We started with a trip to stingray city and went before the hordes of tourist came from cruise ships. What a great experience. We then ventured out for some fishing . After only about 1 mile cruise there were beautiful weed lines and we caught four huge Mahi Mahi . I personally caught the largest bull Mahi I have ever seen on any Charter. The crew is flexible and will tailor your day to whatever your interest is. After catching the fish in about 2 1/2 hours of fishing we headed to a local waterside bar for drinks and food. Then a little more snorkeling and more fun. I highly recommend Slackem charters. The boat was fantastic the equipment was first rate and of course the crew was simply the best. Can’t wait to get back and get out on the water with them again!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

My wife and I went with Captain Jonathan on a half day trip two days after our Grand Cayman beach wedding. It was pretty tough fishing. We targeted wahoo at first getting a few hard strikes, but not landing any. Then we went after Mahi Mahi a few miles out. They were really working at it, trying to spot birds or feeding fish, eventually putting me on one Mahi Mahi. On the way in, we got a hard hit. My wife took the rod, and Captain Jonathan shouted, "It's a Marlin!" She fought the thing for a good 15-20 minutes, and brought it in by herself. The deckhand figured it was around 200lbs. It was a beautiful fish, and we were glad to see it released unharmed. Good job by Captain Jonathan and the Slackem crew for staying at it to get us the fish.