All reviews smith cove guest house sunset house shared kitchen rental car quiet neighborhood bring earplugs off the beaten path local hospitality minute walk comfortable stay a great place to stay full kitchen would definitely stay here again beach towels camana bay rum point
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I enjoyed my stay here. The hotel made me feel that I was visiting my grandparents in Panama with the cozy feeling it gave off. The bed was extremely comfortable and my entire stay was as well. The hospitality of the owners was so welcoming our first day! The only complaint I have about this place is that the roosters near the place start crowing around 4 or 5 am. However, the place provides you with earplugs on the night stands which helped me go back to sleep :) Also, the phone for the guests to use (along with the other phone to contact the owners) had such bad static that you had to sit in one position without moving so that no static was created as to hear the person on the other end. The next day the phone was removed and for the next 3 days there was no phone for us to use to call local places. I hope they put a new phone in.

Room tip: Bring very good earplugs to tune out the roosters!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Great Hospitality.Very Friendly,easy making reservations, Clean rooms,Great Bed and Breakfast atmosphere. I will keep this place in mind for my next visit. They have relatives
that own The Sunset House just a 6 minute walk.

Room tip: Make reservations ahead of time yo get a good deal.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jgarrett2000
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We stayed in the pool side apartment and it was nice. The apartment was large and well equipped. Internet was good too. The pool was refreshing after a full day of sightseeing. Staff were very helpful any time we had a request. It is a little bit away from traveling sights, so you will need a rental car to go to the beach, restaurants, etc... although there are some of these not far from the hotel: Smith Cove, Old Grand House, Sunset House... Value was very good, especially compared with most options in Grand Cayman!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Visited Eldemire's for a week and enjoyed our stay there. A pretty quick drive from the airport. It's a little off the beaten path, but GPS was spot on for getting us there. Upon arrival, there was a phone by the door with a list of numbers to call for someone to come get us settled.

The inn had island charm, and our room was a decent size. There was a mini-fridge in the room with a few bottles of water. Tap water on the island is drinkable, so no real need for bottled water -- FYI. Unfortunately, there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom -- making it impossible to use a dryer or an electric shaver in front of the mirror. So, I would recommend you bring a long extension cord with you. Water pressure in the shower was good, though the shower pipe was positioned pretty low; so at 6 ft tall, I had to do some creative bending to get my hair washed. Though that's not really uncommon for most hotel showers. One thing lacking in the room was a place to hang up things to dry. Since we used the shower curtain rod for drying our bath towels, there wasn't anywhere else to hang beach towels and swim suits. It would be nice if there were hooks or some sort of collapsible drying rack in the room.

As stated on their site, there is no daily housekeeping or changing of towels/sheets, but if we ever did need anything along those lines, then service was just a phone call away. I saw Elena a couple times during the week, and she made sure to ask if we needed anything. Also had access to a broom and dustpan when our beach bags & towels brought a bit too much sand into the room. Didn't really take advantage of the shared kitchen, other than for getting ice and making microwave popcorn.

TV in the room was basic cable. Florida news channels, main broadcast stations, and religious programming. WiFi was pretty decent on the property. Didn't have many problems with accessing email, social media, and Google. Did have some issues with video streaming a few nights. But, it is an island, and I assume that the provider's main broadband input is via satellite, which is never 100% reliable.

The pool was small, but nice. It did seem to go several days without a cleaning, as there were some leaves/debris in the bottom pool every day except for our last full day, there. Not a major issue, but noticeable. Didn't stop us from getting in.

As mentioned by just about every other poster, the noise from roosters was a bit of a pain. They didn't just crow early in the morning -- it was around the clock. There were earplugs provided in the room, and the window air conditioning unit definitely drowned out the noise. For us, the A/C would usually shut off around 3AM because it was on thermostat setting, and the room had cooled down enough such that it didn't need to run. When that happened, the roosters woke me up and I'd set the A/C to "fan only" just for the white noise.

The inn was walking distance to My Bar, located at Sunset House. Huge drink and food menu. It was also doable walking distance to Smith Cove beach. Someone not afraid of a walk could also make it to downtown George Town. Otherwise, a rental car is a great idea. And there is free parking available at the inn.

Overall, this was a nice property. Reasonably priced and had everything we needed. I would absolutely go back here on my next visit, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg S
CarolEE E, Owner at Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thanks Greg for your kind review about us and so happy that you enjoyed staying at our place..
We always like to hear the positive things about our property, as we try very hard to keep the building and rooms up to date and always clean so that our guests can enjoy their vacation with us.
So thanks for your tips on what items we could maybe improve upon, as this assists us in what may need to be done so that our guests can feel comfortable.
Would love to have you stay again with us, and we will be only too happy to reward you with a reduced rate, should you ever decide to visit our island, and us, again.
Much blessings.
Tootie

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is our third or fourth time staying at Tooties. It gets better and better each time we arrive! What we love about Eldemires is how they retain the Caribbean look and feel. However, the modern conveniences are available, like wifi and full kitchens. Our apartment is perfect (#7). We have a huge king size bed with pretty blankets. The kitchen is fully stocked with all equipment we could need. We even have a quaint living room space and a back yard where visits from the chickens are plentiful, which Mark loves. Tootie's offers a small pool to lounge in and a communal space for guests who are staying in simple bedrooms. People come in and chat and hang out which makes for great conversation with new friends from all over the world. It is also quiet here, but remember, the airport is nearby, and there are roosters who cock a doodle do all day long. We don't mind it at all because its part of the island charm. Towels are plentiful as well as soaps and shampoos. We will always stay here when we visit the island.

Room tip: This is NOT a Marriot or Ritz. This place is for people who want to really feel island life.
Date of stay: April 2017