“Quiet and friendly!”

Daily Grind Coffee House
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

An almost perfect little coffee house - visited here many years ago - but decided to return and found the place pretty much as we remembered it.

Popular with the locals and cruise ship crew (who no doubt make use of the free wi-fi) it is situated on the upper (outside steps to access) of a small stand alone building a few blocks back from the front - so when the ships are in I would imagine barley 5% of tourists (if that) ever find the place - very good news if you like a quieter venue!

Friendly staff and very good cappuccino's - small selection of cakes and pastries - some other food choices on the blackboard looked interesting - but for me a muffin is often the perfect partner to a coffee!

There is some outside seating on a patio area at ground level (not sure if it is for Daily Grind customers or the premises below it though!)

Reviewed 3 July 2017

It was much smaller with fewer choices than we anticipated. The service was friendly but not very fast. It did seem to be a local favorite with people from the surrounding offices coming in. My sister had a coffee and I had a smoothie. Both were fine but we were disappointed in the food choices and ended up eating somewhere else. It is off the beaten path if you are trying to get away from the more hectic street that faces the port.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I was working on the cruise ship and every 2 weeks I was in George Town. Daily Grind became my favourite cafe for its silence and friendly atmosphere. For me, like for crew member, is important to use Wi-Fi for calling home and to enjoy nice food in one time (because we have only 2-3 hours to go outside).

There is a big choice of coffee drinks (hot chocolate is my favourite!!!), desserts and sandwiches in Daily Grind. So it's perfect place to have lunch and to relax.

And the most important thing why I liked this cafe is charming waitress who creates really warm atmosphere here. Thank you so much!!!

I hope I will have chance to come here again!

1  Thank Evgenia T
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We just wanted a nice quiet cup of coffee and this place served it up.

Excellent table service, nice big mug of steaming coffee and some peace and quiet away from the hoards of tourists from 3 cruise ships.

well worth looking up.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Wish we had more time to spend at this small coffee house. Located on the second floor but worth the steps! She asked what we would like and then had us sit and delivered our coffee and very delicious fresh scones. A Very Friendly coffee bar and had to stop again another day! She serves very fresh salads and sandwiches.