“Perfect vacation...again!”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
On the Rocks - night view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Devon K
New York, New York, United States
“Perfect vacation...again!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

I just returned from my second stay in 2 years at On The Rocks and I couldn't have been more satisfied. After staying in the villa the previous year (see my review below), nothing has changed - and that was exactly what I was hoping for! The rooms remained immaculate, the pool pristine, the views magical and the experience just as unforgettable. I was, once again, very sad to leave such a beautiful property and island. Now that I have experienced On The Rocks twice, I feel I may not be able to stay anywhere else again, for fear of it not coming close to my amazing experience this past week. I hope I am lucky enough to come and stay here again next year!

Liked best: The views!
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups People with pets
Tracy I
Minnetrista, Minnesota, United States
“On the Rocks is the Caribbean at its best.”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

Our vacation at On The Rocks was everything a week in the Caribbean should be: Lots of sun, incredible snorkeling, great hikes, and plenty of relaxation. A 10-15 minute power walk from the giant volcanic boulders of The Baths, On The Rocks is literally built on the rocks. The architecture wraps the house around the terrain's natural granite formations. Private bedroom suites with open-air showers ensured a blissful experience. The housekeeper kept the place spotless.

The beach is a very short stroll down the lane. (Short enough that it's not tough to carry a cooler of beverages, snorkel gear, and a beach umbrella.) Piles of granite boulders on either end of the beach limit access and create privacy.

We rented two SUVs for our group of eight. Spanish Town is a short drive down the hill, and offers a supermarket, bakery, liquor store, and marina for access to ferries and excursions. We bought groceries for breakfast and lunch and provisions for sunset on the deck. Sunsets were gorgeous! We dined out most evenings and were surprised at how this tiny island could have so many good restaurants.

Can't wait to go back to On the Rocks!

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The views and terrain, comfort of the house, and great snorkeling right at your feet.
Your age range 50-64
Large groups
Ulf G
Orebro, Sweden
“Luxury living on a beautiful, unexploited island”
Reviewed 1 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012
people found this review helpful

What a fantastic, luxurious spot for our little family gathering! Villa On the Rocks helped smooth out many of the trials and tribulations of turning 60 and 70. We were a group of four siblings with spouses that rejuvenated our spirits at this amazing spot.
My wife and I made our way to Virgin Gorda from a country in the far north. If the vikings had gotten their bearings right, Virgin Gorda would have been Swedish. But it is not. During the month of November we spend many of our waking hours in Sweden in darkness. There is a great need to find a spot for some "sun therapy" and Villa On the Rocks gave us this opportunity. What a relaxing spot!
The patio was perfect for early morning coffee while viewing the waters and many other islands in the area. And the sunsets were undescribable. Being avid sailers we enjoyed watching the sailboats in the area.
The villa offered each couple their own suite so there was never any feeling of being crowded. Each had an outdoor shower - some with a view and others inbedded in the rocks and bushes in the garden. The suites were very separate from each other. The common areas for preparing food, lounging, and dining gave plenty of space for the eight of us.
Being that the villa is located on a hill there were nice breezes. All of the suites had air-conditioning and with fans located throughout the villa. We were never overheated. The garden around the villa includes flowering vegetation, trees, and some of the beautiful rocks that have made Virgin Gorda famous. Some of the various rooms in the villa are even built around these rocks.
After a short walk down a little road and path, the beautiful boulders and beaches present themselves. There is good snorkelling and, of course, swimming directly from the beach. The villa has snorkel equipment available in all sizes. Extra towels for both the beach and the pool were available.
The service to the villa was great. Any questions or needs were addressed immediately.
We were surprised at how many things the island had to offer - good restaurants, grocery stores, hiking paths, day trips to other islands, etc. We had visited the island about 20 years ago - but only from a sailboat. We never imagined that there were so many things available.
Villa On the Rocks added greatly to the pleasure of our stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful and relaxing atmosphere
Liked least: The days went too fast
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
Mary I
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“On the Rocks Villa is Spectacular”
Reviewed 30 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Our stay at " On the Rocks" was beyond all expectations. The facility is top notch designed with comfort, privacy, and leisure priorities. It is clean and well maintained. We particulary enjoyed watching the sun go down over Sir Francis Drake Channel and the lights of distant islands and cruise ships coming on as the dark descended. The location close to ocean beaches and The Baths is prime. I would highly recommend "On the Rocks" for an island getaway and relaxation.

Liked best: Spectacular view
Liked least: Unreliable air connections
Friends getaway Large groups
am7777
New York City, New York
“You've come to the right place”
Reviewed 30 August 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Although it's been several months since my stay at On the Rocks, I was recently reminded of how lucky I am to have spent a much-need week of relaxation in this paradisal villa. Photographs hardly do justice to the property's breathtaking views and sprawling, spacious footprint -- i couldn't believe I was only a short flight from New York City. Unlike more populous destinations in the Caribbean, Virgin Gorda captures the glorious simplicity of island life, and On the Rocks provided the ideal setting to bask in its serenity. The property felt private but accessible, with a semi-exclusive beach just steps away that afforded soft sands, excellent snorkeling, and incredible sunsets. While local restaurants were only a short cab ride away, I was happy to stay-in as the main house played host to a number of veritable feasts (thanks to a lavishly-appointed kitchen) among good friends. Thinking back on this trip, my only regret is that I haven't been back yet.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the ambience
Liked least: Nothing to wit!
Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing