“It was ok, but not worth the money” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leverick Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virgin Gorda
Leverick Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
BVI
“It was ok, but not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

My family and I wanted to get away and looked up a place on the internet. We saw these beautiful pics from Leverick Bay Resort and we amazed, so we decided to go there. Upon arriving I was very disappointed. There was a big old Garbage disposal dump right next to reception. We arrived late and still had to wait for the room. When we finally got to the room, it was horrible. The place looked old and run down. The shower had no curtain, the freezer was packed with frost, no space to put in some stuff that I bought. The roof had cob webs. The beds were small but comfortable. The food was way too expensive and I ordered some buffalo wings which tasted like left overs from the day before. The pool is extremely small and not inviting. In the end I just felt like I was robbed and wanted my money back. Virgin Gorda is beautiful but Leverick Bay, not so much. This place is only worth $50 a night, not the ridiculous $150 per night I was charged.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank happyv1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

We spent 2 weeks at one of the villas managed by the Resort, Serendipity. Trudi of Best of BVI rentals and the Leverick Bay staff, Nick and Monica, couldn't have been more helpful. Nick drove us to the villa from the dock. The gang arranged a rental car for us. The cleaning staff were efficient and worked every day except Sunday, making sure we had a clean kitchen, clean sheets and plenty of clean towels every day. We could walk or drive to the resort proper for meals, drinks and the Michael Bean pirate show, and to buy groceries or do laundry. We were close to everything! One day, we rented a motor boat at the dock at Leverick Bay to travel around the North Sound.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bnuckols
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

I recently stayed at Leverick Bay with a group of friends and we really enjoyed every second of it. We took a 3 day vacation to celebrate our grad school graduation. We only stayed for 3 days, although I wish to have stayed for a few more days. However, thank God we chose Leverick Bay. The people where super friendly with all of us and we actually hangout at the bar with Monica and Nick, Leverick’s managers, and with a couple of locals. The Restaurant was closed but if you are a french fries lover, you need to try Leverick’s Beach bar french fries. I think I ate french fries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Apart from the french fries the food was ok, nothing special. The rooms had a spectacular view and were very comfortable. But I have to say, it is a workout climbing all those stairs to get to the rooms. The first night at the beach bar we met this super nice couple that offer us to go on a boat trip with them. That morning we went to Savannah Bay and what a spectacular beach. Amazingly it was only like 10 minutes away from Leverick. We also relaxed at the poolside while enjoying their famous Piña Coladas and Bushwackers. Overall, I will definitely come back to Leverick Bay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank monf787
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

we stayed here one night as a break from sleeping on the boat while sailing the bvi's. we were desperate for a bed that didn't sway and a/c. we got both so our expectations were met. though if we had gone here for a "holiday", we would have been sorely disappointed.
the bar on the beach is great- management stayed at the bar all day with us (world cup was on) and we had a great time with some of the local charter masters. there was a band and a fire eating show which made for an interesting break.
food at the bar was mixed- conch fritters great, wings horrid.
great if you're sailing/island hopping but i wouldn't recommend it for a week. there's no great beach, just a small pool and clearly set up for sailers refueling and seeking provisions.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nycjones
Cape Cod
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

I hadn't been on a real vacation in years, and was SO ready to do a whole bunch of relaxing. We knew we wanted the warmth of the Caribbean and the laid back attitude that comes with 'island life'. What we didn't expect was blatant rudeness from the office staff. Melissa was a smidge more 'friendly' than Donna, but that's a huge stretch. Asking for any information, or any ammenities was akin to going to that man in the play 'Oliver' for more food...(can't you see that guys face? MORE???!!! YOU WANT MORE??) It was a monumental 'favor' if you asked for anything. I have never been so offended...and had to pay for it to boot!
There is no way to secure your villa/room, as the sliders only have locks only on the inside, and while nothing was stolen, I had no sense of total relaxation during our time there, as I never knew if our belongings would still be there when we returned to the villa.
I live in New England, in the woods, so bugs don't bother me. The cockroaches were a bit much though.
The rooms were nice enough, and the air conditioning was wonderful. We were amazingly surprised at how well stocked the small store at Leverick Bay is for provisioning. We had rented a car and gone exploring, and found that most of what we needed was right in their store.
Please, be aware of the smell of septic while staying at this resort. If you're anywhere near the pool, or near the offices, etc...the whole 'public area' of the resort is badly attended to...when someone flushes one of the toilets near the laundry, it's a horrible experience.
We wanted a week full of white sandy beaches. We had to rent a car to find what we wanted. We went to the resort office, where they give you a key to a car right there...no paperwork, no license check...nothing...you take the car to the rental office, which is in Spanishtown, the only REAL town on Virgin Gorda, 6 miles away. You have to drive to the rental office to fill out paperwork....still shaking my head about that one! We had information from a local about a lovely sandy beach named Savannah. We went there every day that we had the car. It was paradise to find Savannah...the most folks there at any time, besides us, might have been 10 other people. It's where we taught ourselves to snorkel. Lovely...simply lovely. This is what made our vacation/honeymoon a wonderful vacation.
At Leverick Bay, there is a bar and a restaurant. The bar is a cute beach bar, but the flies there kept us swatting, and although the drinks were good, it was so disgusting that we wouldn't eat there. There's a BBQ that happens every Friday night. We waited to see how the staff would present the food and how they would keep away the flies. Please, read this knowing that I'm no wimp when it comes to insects, I just think that when I'm paying good money, I'd rather my food not have been visited by numerous flies before I even get a chance to see what's in the buffet.

We even tried the visually appealing restaurant upstairs at Leverick Bay. It's reminiscent of the movie Casablanca, with the maitre d being most attentive. I can tell you that the mushroom risotto was the finest I've ever experienced. What ruined the dining experience was the smell of septic wafting up to the restaurant. I couldn't finish my meal.

If you go to Leverick Bay, rent a car...find Savannah Beach..and when you're hungry for the best BLT ever, head towards the Baths and stop at Mad Dog, a tiny place where the 3 ladies who work there, are so amazingly customer-service friendly, that I wanted to clone these wonderful ladies so that everyone on the island was that friendly....

The fact is, we wound up creating our own meals for the majority of the two weeks we were on Virgin Gorda. (The second week, we stayed at a place named Coffee)

I've lived in a resort town before, so I'm very familiar with the attitude of 'I'm not on your vacation', but this goes beyond that attitude....The resort was not nice enough to forego all the negatives.

This experience was so poignant that I felt compelled to warn folks NOT to go to Leverick Bay Resort...If you're reading this, then you're doing more research than we did, and I applaud you....Keep researching til you find a place that will value you spending your well-earned money for your well-deserved vacation....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

#1 of 1 in Peter Island
Long Bay Beach Club
Long Bay Beach Club
#6 of 25 in Tortola

Been to Leverick Bay Resort? Share your experiences!