My family and I wanted to get away and looked up a place on the internet. We saw these beautiful pics from Leverick Bay Resort and we amazed, so we decided to go there. Upon arriving I was very disappointed. There was a big old Garbage disposal dump right next to reception. We arrived late and still had to wait for the room. When we finally got to the room, it was horrible. The place looked old and run down. The shower had no curtain, the freezer was packed with frost, no space to put in some stuff that I bought. The roof had cob webs. The beds were small but comfortable. The food was way too expensive and I ordered some buffalo wings which tasted like left overs from the day before. The pool is extremely small and not inviting. In the end I just felt like I was robbed and wanted my money back. Virgin Gorda is beautiful but Leverick Bay, not so much. This place is only worth $50 a night, not the ridiculous $150 per night I was charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leverick Bay Resort and Marina is located in Virgin Gorda, the third largest of the British Virgin Islands. Known as the newest seaside recreational complex, Leverick Bay Resort and Marina, is lapped by the pristine waters of a magnificent blue lagoon best known as "North Sound".The resort offers tranquility with its spacious hillside rooms exquisitely decorated a few steps from the sandy beach. The suites located above The Leverick Bay Resort and Marina are surrounded by the outstanding view of North Sound, Mosquito Island and the Caribbean Sea.Leverick Bay Resort rewards its guests with a perfect getaway offering gourmet dinners at The Restaurant, overlooking the marina, with fresh local seafood, house cut steaks, and a wide selection of fine wines and spirits. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Leverick Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Leverick Bay Virgin Gorda
- Leverick Bay Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands