“Ambiance among the big boulders and good food too”
Review of Rock Cafe

Rock Cafe
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Price range: USD 20 - USD 60
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Amongst the famous Virgin Gorda's boulders with waterfalls cascading down. Incredible natural setting. New addition: the Treehouse restaurant. A walk through nature for an experience ABOVE IT ALL !!!
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We stopped on way back from beach to see if we needed reservations. We made one for 6 pm for that night. Arrived and the host walked us out and up to a beautiful romantic table by the boulders.It was nice to dine in the natural setting under the stars.

Our waitress Eve was very attentive and gave us good suggestions on menu. I had an espresso martini that was tasty and husband a amaretto sour.

We split a Ceaser salad with onion rings and grilled zucchini. Very good and large enough to split.

I chose the lobster spaghetti with fresh white wine in a rose cream sauce. My husband seafood past. Both were very good. I took home portion of mine because portion was too big for me.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Had the seafood pasta. It was sooo good. Surprisingly. Bf has the lobster pasta and there was more lobster than pasta! Very good

Waiter kinda sucked. The bill has an auto grat but he asked for more and we just laughed it off and ignored it. But he didn't like it. Didn't impact our night.

Briefly kareoked afterwards. They have some amazing local kareokers there. A cowboy and another dude that sings Marvin gaye type music. So amazingly good that it was hilarious when we got up to sing off tune

Reviewed 5 February 2017

The food was good and they're open pretty late. They had a major HBO fight and that was drawing many of the locals into the place which was pretty cool.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I really can,t say anything bad about The Rock. On the other hand I can,t find anything worth commenting about.
The ambiance of waterfalls&rocks is nice if you don,t mind climbing up & down poorly lit curved stone stairs
The service was service & server were fine albeit unremarkable as was the fare. i had lobster which was a tad mealy, instant mashed potatoes and veggies that were overcooked. My wife,s seafood over pasta was "somewhat" tasteless.
Oh yes, there was something remerkable about the meal. We ordered abotle of Pomerol and received a bottle of St Juliene. It was bitter, dense and flat. Nothing like any Bordeaux I,ve ever had. In fact it was like a muddled cheap
Malbec. Quite bad!
My wife and I
Spend evert Feb in th islands. This is our first time in VG. We had expected a memorable meal here. That did not happen.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We came here twice. The back patio is amongst the beautiful boulders that dot the shoreline. Water fountains and chirping birds really added to the atmosphere. The food was very good. We had lobster and the chicken penne. I would say it was up with NYC quality food. Very happy with the meal and the service. A few rogue cats come beg for your leftoveres but we were happy to oblige (we're animal lovers). Treat yourself to a nice meal out here!