All reviews private beach boat trip big house home away from home heaven on earth the sir francis drake housekeeping staff virgin islands anita ft accommodations beaches tortola caribbean porch books caves
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I thought I had "reviewed" as soon as we arrived home but see it was never posted!!
This place is paradise!! The staff, the extraordinary cleanliness, the food, the pool, the beach....heaven!!!!
Our party was a mixed bag, some raced the Regatta....2 of us enjoyed the wonderful ambiance of Fort Recovery!! The biggest decision..."pool or beach".
I have read a few of the reviews and always wondering what exactly people want when they go away....I trust some are those who won't buy a home because they don't like the paint color of one room,,,,,
I would return in a second.....relaxing' truly lovely get away!!!!

Room Tip: They all seem great!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleenamrein
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for the review. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest, and hope you stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

What a wonderful time my husband and I had at this beautiful resort. I cannot say enough about the accommodations, the staff, the delicious food, and the peacefulness.
We met other guests who felt the same way we do; that there is just something about
this place that is hard to put into words. It's just a feeling you have when you are there.
To be steps from the ocean and watch the boats, the sunsets, the pelicans, etc. You get relaxed beyond belief. The boat trip to the Willie T and going snorkeling at the Caves; it just seems like you are in one big fairy tale that you never want to end.
Our thank you to the owner Anita for making us feel like family and accommodating us with having dinner for us upon our late arrival. Good byes are always tough because you just don't want to leave. Also thanks to the office staff who helped us get our lost luggage, and cleaning staff who had our room impeccable every day and to Cici for the delicious food she prepared for us. Everyone there is just great and hoping we can return next year!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkny25
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

I can not tell you how great it makes us feel here at Fort Recovery Beachfront Suites and Villa Hotel, that you enjoyed your selves so very much, and to give us all the recognition you gave to us. I can't take the credit for Mother Natures contribution to the setting, and I do cherish that myself, especially the great sunsets, the fabulous Caribbean sea and the sounds she makes. Non of my doings.....She is a real help and puts on a great show. So, she thanks you as well, however, you were great guests, full of love and life and we were sad to see you go. I felt that you were family, and thank you for sharing that feeling with us. Hope to meet you again and offer you same enjoyment we all felt.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Our family enjoyed a most wonderful holiday in the BVI! Fort Recovery was like a luxurious water-front home away from home for the two weeks that we were lucky enough to be there! Having our own kitchens made it a pleasure to dine in and we especially loved leisurely sipping our morning coffee's while watching the boats sail by on the big decks overlooking the Sir Francis Drake Channel.

We spent hours reading our books on the beach and floating in the crystal clear water. Afternoons, we dipped in the pool and napped in the shade- HEAVEN ON EARTH!

The management and staff went out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating- we can not wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa145
Fort R, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the lovely review and hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Great views, close to good food, nice stay. Close to the ferry, sailing activities, and car rentals. There is also a good market right down the road. We had a great time, and enjoyed the breakfast. We were sad to leave. Thanks! -Marissa & Mike

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marissa K
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you Marissa and Mike it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to have you both again!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My husband and I ended up at Fort Recovery as a result of missing our cruise ship. Luckily we had travel insurance and were instructed to get a flight to the first port the cruiseship would be at and we could meet up there. I researched a place for us to stay on Tortola by reading reviews on trip advisor and came up with Fort Recovery for us to stay at. Being at that location did something for me that no other vacation in my whole life has ever done! we were almost the only guests at the whole resort. The accommodations were clean, The staff was always available but not ever pestering. there were many times we found ourselves down by the water sitting in the chairs at the beach all by ourselves or out at the dock or by the swimming pool alone. It was so laid back and peaceful. Our evening meals were some of the best food we've ever hadin our lives! They were prepared by CiCi and cooked to order. we ate on the veranda of the restaurant with Marvin Gaye music playing in the background and tiny twinkling lights and surrounded by lush foliage. It was a memory that will always stay in both of our minds. We had such a wonderful experience that we are trying to figure out a way that we can someday return to Fort recovery. I was so positively impacted by our stay there that the first evening we got on the cruise ship I was in tears crying because I wanted to go back to Fort recovery. I cannot say enough positive things about staff, the total environment and fort recovery as a whole! We were in tortola for three days and two nights.

Room Tip: We stayed in Penthouse 4
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KarenH8054
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

It wouldn't be nice to say "that I am glad that you stayed at Fort Recovery Beachfront Suites and Villa, and not glad you missed your cruise you planned. but overjoyed that you did and still made the cruise experience." So you had both. and that is good. We are more than delighted that you did enjoy our hotel and we enjoyed you as well. You too were delightful people and felt so good that you were so happy with everything. I really hope to see you again and once more thank you for all the wonderful thing you said about us. Keep in touch with us on our Facebook page and would love you to be our friend forever.