See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Sad to read the state of affairs at Prospect Reef. My 3 college age kids and myself went all inclusive in 2000. It was the most relaxing and memorable holiday we've ever had. The rooms were very basic and the resort needed a makeover even then, but everything else made up for the shortcomings of the outdated resort. At the Callaloo Restaurant and Scuttlebutt Bar overlooking the harbour had amazing food and included anything your wanted to eat or drink, lobster, filet mignon and top shelf drinks...no limit. Our week stay included 2 excursions in the 65ft catamaran and we went to Virgin Gorda for snorkeling and climbing rocks and Norman Island where we stopped off at Billy Bones. Although there was no beach on the premises, the Prospector, a glass bottom boat took you daily to Peter Island Beach for swimming, scuba lessons, kayaking and an amazing lunch on the sea, all included. We ventured on the island a bit, a night at the Bomba Shack and an evening spent in Road Town. The service and staff were amazing!!!

I'm hoping someone will restore this beautiful place so we can do a family reunion there in the future!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Our rooms were adorable and patio doors open onto the view of the Caribbean sea. Hammocks hung in our trees ....the hot wind blew..it was out of a movie...I want to return but cannot find out how much the rooms are now...we went on a timeshare.

Room Tip: chickens and cats run free!!!! We woke to the rooster call. sun and moon were both still out....
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank gabby66
Reviewed 5 September 2015

The room 1008 Was large. This property is in need of major renovations. Dirty, floors, outside seems that a storm came through, and they never did a clean up. Walking around the resort is large. The pool is great, large, and the local kids run and swim for training sessions with coaches in the evening. The front desk was nice but lacked Customer service skills. With training, clean up and lots of renovations, this could be a great hotel by Road Town. I have to take taxis to town. The restaurant they have adjacent to the Hotel is good with Caribbean food.

Room Tip: 1008 was large. Right by the Water but no beach. Swim in the salt water pool just a few yards away.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Martha K
Reviewed 6 August 2015

This hotel is not at all what you would expect when booking your stay. Walking into the rooms on this property is like traveling back in time -- to 1970 to be exact! Seems like this property was built and forgotten. There have been absolutely no upgrades since the time it was built, which is sad because the property has potential. There is no doubt that it was "the place to stay" back in the day, but sadly now, the only thing that can be done to revive it would be to demolish it and start again.
All in all, my stay was quiet, the ocean view was nice and the residents (chickens) were friendly. While there, be sure to visit the swimming pool it is one of the best things this property has going for it.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

I travel around the world since 92
I tfavel for busyness purpose
This is the only hotel I know when you pay for the stay they doesn t give the key they told you have to wait....how long...who...what they dont say
So when you said look Im tired and sick give me another room....they reply..we dont have to bear this kind of beaviour......?????
Welcome to Tortola
Those people maybe up n ready for tourism busyness ....first busyness on the planet....ready maybe in 20 years....in my life of traveller first time I was in the urge to burn the place down
Stay away from this dump....

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple