“Wow! One of the best dinners ever! So nice we went twice!”
Review of Le Pressoir

Le Pressoir
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: USD 11 - USD 79
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Pressoir.... Simply a must!!! Some words to describe this incredible restaurant: - a positive energy - A chef owner, very demanding on the quality and freshness of products - Family busisness with complicity and passion - Loyal, welcoming and professional staff - Sophisticated gastronomy with exceptional products Here Seaview is on the plate
Reviewed 21 August 2017

There are so many great restaurants in St. Marteen and most of them are in Grand Case. I cannot say we went to all the best one's but we went to several. All I can say that as good as the others were, none come close to Le Pressoir. The setting is beautiful, the service is one of the best my wife and I have ever had, and the food, oh the food, is unforgettable. My wife had the cheese plate followed by the fish special and she loved it. I went with the seafood tasting menu and I must say it goes down as one of the best dinners I ever had. It starts with an appetizer of four seafood tasters. The lobster, scallops, and wild shrimp in a coconut butter sauce for dipping was not to be beat. That was followed by four more seafood selections. The snapper and tuna were so good. Then we had an amazing chocolate desert with pears that was different and incredible. So, we loved it so much we came back on our last night. We did not want to mess with success so we ordered the same thing except added the snails. It was the best we have ever had. We left giving hugs to both the incredible women that work there. They are not just great at what they do, they are great people who go out of there way to make it a great dining experience. We left giving both hugs and hope our paths cross again. What a great place. Go! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My Husband and I were lucky enough to try the chef's specialities menu on our visit. I've eaten at many five-star restaurants, and this was hands-down one of the best I've ever experienced. The Tuna/foie gras was just delightful and omg what about the dessert!!!!!!! Melt in your mouth. Each course was perfectly executed!!!The service was excellent, the atmosphere was intimate and welcoming.
This restaurant Is a must!

1  Thank Julie_Peter2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband & I had dinner with no complaints. The food is unique with wonderful flavor. The fois gras with raw tuna is a good example of something that might not sound like it would go together, but when you eat it, you wonder why it's not on every menu. Lovely place for dinner

SXMCustomerService, Responsable relations publiques at Le Pressoir, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, glad to know you spent a nice time in our restaurant, and thank you for choosing us.
We hope to see you soon,

Best regards.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I had dinner at Le Pressoir on Friday Aug 11 2017. At 7:15 pm we were the first customers and we placed our order with the very friendly waitress. Our first course arrived soon after. A new, single, customer arrived at about that time and was quick to place his order. After he was served his first course our second courses arrived on the table in a timely fashion. our dishes were the second and third hot dish out of the kitchen that night (see below).Unfortunately my dish (milk fed veal fillet mignon) was totally charred on one side with the distinctive taste of char coal. I made the remark to the waitress, but after discarding the "coal" I ate my overcooked veal, ordered pink.
Just before dessert the manager came to our table to give us cold wet towels. I mentioned my problem with the veal and he told me he heard about it in the kitchen. That 's it. No excuse no sign of concern!
Bill came to Euros 179 (3 courses meal for more than $210 without amuse-bouche or pré dinner nibbles!!!) and I paid without a blink but wrote my disappointment on the bill. When we left the restaurant the chef/owner stood at the bottom of the entrance stairs. He told us "good night" and I told him how badly burnt was my veal He said he heard it but with a busy kitchen he could not check all the dishes going out. What a joke, the third hot dish out of the kitchen and at that time the order of the other tables were not taken yet. Truly un-professional not to acknowledge a mis-step and try to defend himself for his lack of concerned for his customer, with a fake excuse. A real concerned chef will check all single dish out of the kitchen to make sure they meet the standard of the restaurant. BTW all discussions were in french his and my mother tongue: no excuse of miscommunication.
Enough is said

Thank you for taking time to give us your constructive feedback.
We sincerely apologize for this unsatisfying experience you had with us that night.
We hope to welcome you again and we will give you the service you deserve.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This last trip to Grand Case last week we decided to add Le Pressoir back onto our dinner choices for the week. The interior was lovely although warm, not enough air circulating. Menu is very different from when it was one of our stand bys. More French style which is OK with us, very interesting combinations of spices and interesting plates very different from anything else on Restaurant Row. Stuffed mussel appetizer was very good. Most of the people at the table liked their meal although maybe too much pepper. Prices a little higher than the other non water front restaurants. Service was friendly and good. We would go back again.

We greatly appreciate your time to express your reviews about us.
The guest’s feedback helps us to improve our service so we are very happy to know we have achieved your full satisfaction.
Looking forward to host you in the near future.

Best Regard,