“They Are Open and Better Than Ever!”
Review of Spiga Restaurant

Spiga Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: USD 28 - USD 42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Spiga restaurant, now in it's 17th year, serves authentic, modern Italian cuisine with friendly and professional service. Discover a selection of International wines along with the freshest ingredients. Chose the intimate porch for al fresco dining or dine in air-conditioned comfort in 2 dining rooms. Large tables and groups welcome.
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Spiga has recently reopened after hurricane Irma. This time, not only for dinner but for lunch. The Italian based menu is varied with inventive and delicious dishes. Our group had the beef carpaccio along with tuna/salmon tare tare, both superb. Entrees sampled were the Strploin steak (a perfect M/R), seafood risotto (rich and perfect), Seafood Tagliolini (fabulous ), and Tagliatelle Bolognese (traditional and superb ). We tried all 3 offered desserts and nobody could decide which was best. The cheesecake, goat cheese pannacatta and the chocolate tiramisu were the best desserts we've had on St Martin.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank fritz_ks
Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We came to St Martin’s on a day trip from Anguilla because we were unable to stay at our regular hotel in Grand Case. We wanted to see first hand what Irma did to one of our favorite towns. It was heartbreaking to see all the damage. The town is very much a ghost town with almost everything boarded up. So imagine our surprise when we rounded the corner and found one of our favorite restaurants open for lunch!
Spiga is not on the water and did not suffer extensive damage. They were able to open for New Years! The food was exceptional as it has always been. My husband had the lamb chops and I had the Caesar salad with shrimp. Amazing!!
If you make it to St Martin’s this year, it is well worth your drive to Grand Case to eat at Spiga, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank Margaret P
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This great restaurant is open again after Irma. We didnt know the great reviews here, just show open restaurant in badly damaged area. At lunchtime our family was the only clients but service was excellent and food very delicious. Our boys loved spinach gnoccis in tomato sauce and I ate red snapper with potatoes. Just few restaurants open in Grand Casa at December, here you get good food for sure.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank MM_Oulu
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Although Spiga did sustain damage to the terrace, they had it rebuilt. They did remove some items on the menu such as the soups, but there is still a lot to choose from. The mixed greens salad came shaped like an upside down cone with shards of cheese. Very good. The main course was tagliatelle with bolognaise sauce. Not only was this dish tasty, but I finally found a restaurant that drains the pasta well. Others don't which turns their sauce into soup. I could not pass on the dessert. Maple cheesecake. Not a fan. The cake tasted too sweet and maple'y and I tasted no cheese. The texture was not New York style. Maybe I was expecting too much. I highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations a must. Dress code is casual. No sleeveless shirts or shorts.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank IrwinG1968
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Everything about this restaurant was perfect—the delightful food, friendly service, and pleasant atmosphere! I am very fussy about Italian food, and believe me, the dishes here are among the best I've ever had! We ate here three nights in a row; there was just no need to go elsewhere!

Some of the best dishes were the eggplant parmigiana, raviolis, and roasted chicken. And the melt-in-you-mouth tiramisu was out of this world!

Date of visit: January 2017