“Spectacular Dover Sole”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Always on my list of restaurants in grand case to go to. The food, service and atmosphere is outstanding. I highly recommend a visit. The whole Dover sole is the best I ever had. They debone it table side and serve it with an array of petite sides. Incredible!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Where to begin!! The moment you enter this warm and inviting restaurant you are greeted by the owner Pascal.And David, Lilly, and Jennifer.they all go out of their way to make your dining experience perfect. Then the food is served Wow! Our dinners were a grilled veal chopped cooked to perfection. With beautiful sides of fresh vegetables and scalloped potatoes, which are amazing. And the sauce was outstanding! The French are the best cooks! My husband had the Dover Sole which was cooked just right the way fish should be prepared. And the lemon butter sauce was delicious.You are always made to feel like you are entering their home.So welcoming. This is our favorite restaurant on the island we usually eat here twice while we are visiting St Martin it is always are meal we eat before we leave the island. It was wonderful to see you all again we look forward to next year:)! Oh and do not forget the banana rum! I always think it would be great over vanilla ice cream.

3  Thank Sheryl164
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Five of us dined at L'Auberge Gourmand last night and were were all extremely pleased with the cuisine and lovely experience. Pascal kindly accommodated our last-minute request for a reservation because a cancellation came through - so we were lucky to get in. The welcoming staff, sunny yellow decor and charming ambiance make us feel as if you were meeting friends in the French countryside for a home-cooked meal. My son christened the french onion soup the best he has ever had (and that's saying something as he orders this all the time in New York!) We ordered fish, pork and lamb, topped off with libations and ending with dessert - the creme brulee was the favorite. Pascal - your Top Ten TripAdvisor rating is well-deserved!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We were offered a class of sparkling wine as son as we sat down. WE started with a lobster bisque. I had the quail special which was stuffed with a force meat with a nice light sauce. My wife has a sea bass stuffed with lobster. These were accompanied with baked tomatoes.
WE had a great bottle of sancerre.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

We started with a glass of champagne followed by salad and cream of asparagus soup that was fantastic. The sea bass and shrimp and the scallops and shrimp were both fresh and perfectly prepared. For dessert: Le' Delice which I think means chocolate heaven. Plus my wife fell in love with the hostess.