All reviews garden studio observation deck airport runway dogs and cats close to the airport low season st maarten ocean front an umbrella the entire staff small pool a king size bed full kitchen elena caribbean melvin marys
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My wife and I stayed recently at Mary's Boon to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. This was a "rebook" after we were originally scheduled to stay but our travel plans were goofed up due to Hurricane Irma in 2017. First off, you may see some prior poor reviews based on the refund policy of the hotel during those times -- I understand some people were put off by this, but thought I'd share my experience that the folks at Mary's Boon were accommodating and offered us credit to be used within a year. This was reasonable in our case and we are very glad to see the island, and Mary's Boon in particular, has rebounded nicely. In fact, there are virtually NO signs of damage at Mary's Boon itself and the property is very quaint and relaxing. Can't say enough good things about our stay -- with a "suggestion." We stayed in the Garden Studio which was near the service area for staff. On some mornings as we slept in, there is a fair amount of staff chatter and leaf blowers and banging of hammers and what not. I get it that people are working, but maybe the office could remind staff that when Garden Studio is occupied to be mindful of noise. Not a complaint so much (because everyone we met on staff was polite and wonderful) just more of a comment so folks are aware. Totally pleased with the "chill" vibe at the place -- from the friendly dogs and cats and the fun to be had out on the beach with the weekend DJ. Had a chance to eat dinner on site and the meal was also excellent. Mary's Boon is a bit "bohemian" (if that's the right word) but that kind of character sets it apart from the more run-of-the-mill concrete high rise hotels that one might otherwise stay at. Finally, get down to SXM if you can. Great island, great people, and well worth your vacation dollars/euros or whatever you are spending -- several people on the island thanked us for coming -- and you should go too!!!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I was overjoyed when I had lunch at the Boon and they served something very rare on the island...homemade French fries. My party was elated !
Went back the following week and they were serving the regular run of the island frozen bag French fries...what set your restaurant apart before now has put you back in the ordinary flying pan...
PLEASE BRING BACK YOUR HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIES...and stand out from the crowd once again...
Mickey is a diamond sparkling in the sand !

Room Tip: spring for an oceanfront room...
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank abovelamer
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay if transiting through St Maarten, which I did on two occasions.

I stayed in both a garden and a sea front property and obviously the latter was the best.

Staff were superb and when my taxi failed to turn up to take me to the airport, the local security guard took me instead.

Many thanks

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 28NH73
Reviewed 23 July 2018

If your looking for a hideaway this is the place. Away from the normal tourist crowds and the friendliness of the staff makes you feel like your are important to them . Will make this a frequent stop when we visit St . Maarten. Real close to the airport and close to all the action on the beach.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

What a hidden gem near the airport.our room ...108 opened right to the beach with a wrap around porch! All staff and guests were so friendly. We met a couple who comes ever Year! Need I say more. Now this hotel isn’t real fancy, but it is so homey and comfortable with a vintage feel! WiFi is great!
The Boon, restaurant and bar on sight is open air , and Jimmy, co-owner is so great! Food is made to order , and the bacon starts cookin in the morning-just can’t resist!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family