My husband and I had a heavenly 3 night stay here in June. Were thrilled to find a place that I could navigate with a medical boot on each foot, and could see the water from our room.
From the moment we arrived, we were charmed. From the 2 resident dogs asleep on the lobby floor, to the delightful hammock under a coconut palm along the interior garden sidewalk, to the relaxing chairs outside each room, to the kind, attentive staff, we knew we could rest here.
Our room was 109, which along with 110 is in the wooden building on the ground floor at the far end, and sadly was destroyed the other day by monster hurricane Irma, but we are thrilled to learn that plans are to rebuild this section, stronger, as soon as possible.
This room was great for my impaired condition, as I could walk to it without stairs, and it's bathroom had a spacious shower with grab bars.
The king size bed was very comfortable, and I also appreciated the quality futon for relaxing in the living room area. The kitchenette was a great feature with its full size refrigerator - very handy - and had a good spacious adjacent area for sitting or eating.
I was able to enjoy this room's view of the turquoise waters of Simpson Bay while my husband was out walking the beach, swimming, and watching airplanes; and there was even a sweet, friendly resident kitty who stopped by when I showed it some attention.
Thank you, staff of Mary's Boon, for a wonderful stay, and may God bless each of you as your special island recovers from Irma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel