All reviewsgarden studioobservation deckairport runwaydogs and catsclose to the airportlow seasonst maartenocean frontan umbrellathe entire staffsmall poola king size bedfull kitchenelenacaribbeanmelvinmarys
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I travel through SXM for work very regularly. I've probably stayed at 10 different places around Maho beach and Simpson bay. Mary's Boon is by far my favorite. It's a quirky little place, run by some very friendly people. During the high season the restaurant is in full swing and it is great as well. Each room is a bit different so the prices vary. Very convenient to all of the dining and nightlife of Simpson bay, but with virtually no vehicle traffic. The place is literally right next to the SXM runway, so you will certainly hear the traffic from the jets, but for me that's part of the fun. They even have a nice airport observation deck!

Room Tip: I think the best rooms are the beach view garden rooms at the very end of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank brett w
GM Tony T, Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for your Visit....Mary's Boon is still a great little true Caribbean Hotel and looks forward to seeing you the next time!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We checked in last night as a final stay in our two week honeymoon to the island. The hotel is boutique and beautiful. We read some of the negative reviews posted a few days ago and can't disagree more. Check in was seem less. The room is oceanfront and very clean. The bed is a California king and is so comfortable. We ate in the restaurant onsite last night and shared the seafood linguini and filet. Both were excellent. The steak was perfectly prepared and the mashed potatoes with cranberries and pecans were hand made. The wine list was just what we were looking for. Our stay so far has been perfectly romantic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chris M
GM Tony T, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Very happy to hear you had a great time at Mary's Boon! Hope to see you again and again. Thanks for the visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

After reading some reviews on here I am amazed at what some people are saying about this hotel.
We stayed there again for 17 day back in May 2017, and I can't wait to go back next year, yes we really and honestly do find it that good.
In all the times we have returned there we have never found it to be dirty....ever. In fact I had a crazy accident when a full pack of caribs fell through the bottom of the pack and crashed on the floor, within minutes staff were there sweeping up the glass for us and mopping the floor and making sure we were ok. And first thing the next morning the cleaner came around and did it all again....just perfect service.
It probably does look dated to someone who stays in the high rise hotels, but thats the point, the character and atmosphere is truly Caribbean. With the beautiful tropical gardens and sea views to die for.
I agree with the comments of some that while we were there we have met some fantastic people and made friends for life.Even down to trying to get back on the same dates so we can meet up again.
The staff are out of this world, so very friendly and helpful, no problems at all.
Every taxi we got was around the same price, around 12 dollars. Thats what we paid from the airport to Marys and they have no control over calling that cab, its just outside the airport. As for being woken by planes in the middle of the night is so untrue, they never fly after 10 at night and start at 7 in the morning. No Im sorry, I just had to just stand up for this hotel, we have had the best holidays ever here, and we come all the way from England.
We will be back next year, and that will be our 5th time in 5 years, surly that must tell you something.
For us it really does tick all the boxes, It's a fantastic genuine place with lots of character and romance. Please do not let the bad reviews put you off, I know everyone has an opinion, and rightly so, but honestly my wife and I can not fault Mary's Boon at all.
Just to say I have no connections with the hotel apart from being a customer, and a very happy one at that. We will always stay here if and when we visit Saint Martin.

Room Tip: Get a room at beach level, they are awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 696kevbell

Thanks for your visit and happy to hear you had a great time at Mary's Boon and thanks for the kind words. The staff does work hard everyday to make sure each guests has the best visit possible. Of course you always have haters that are even happy at home in many cases. Are we perfect? No. Do we have some off days that nothing goes right? Sure. Are there rooms that cost more and nicer than others? Of course...like any hotel. We have a great staff at a great little Caribbean Hotel on a wonderful white sand beach. Its Paradise to most and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This place is dirty and old and it smells bad. Please do your research before booking this hotel. This place is very dirty and it was difficult to stay in one night. Luckily, we only needed to stay there one night. There is no way I could have stayed any longer. PLEASE do not stay here unless you do not mind staying in a dirty hotel with dirt on floors and hair in the shower where it was not cleaned. If I had my kids with me, I would not have stayed there it was that dirty. It was also so loud that I could not sleep with the roaring planes at night and the wifi did not work. All around a zero hotel, I would not even rate it a one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Cristy N
GM Tony T, Front Office Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

This is totally fake. Reader beware of the reviewer and notice how often they review. This so called guest is either planted to post bad stuff or just Bogus. Is the hotel perfect? No...very few are. The issue here is the reviewer not the hotel. Please read all the great wonderful reviews and we look forward to seeing you at Mary's Boon soon.

Kind Regards, GM

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at a number of places on the island but love Mary's Boon. It has a beautiful garden on the grounds and sits right on the best beach on the island . We stayed oceanfront and the view is incredible . It takes your breathe away . Our room was clean and very comfortable. The office staff is so helpful. I believe one of their names is Niece ( I do not know how to spell it but sounds like that) and Elena. The bartenders are very friendly and the drinks are awesome . There is a small restaurant that makes for a romantic dinner . The food is very good . The grounds keeper John is a great guy . He is friendly and makes you feel at home . Matilda the maid is so sweet and does a great job. All in all we love it here and we are coming back soon !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple