1,043 results
All reviews major domo jade mountain moon sanctuary star sanctuary infinity pool bento box sun suite our honeymoon anse chastanet total romance package club restaurant helicopter ride once in a lifetime jazzy cruise jungle biking sister hotel open bathroom
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We were upgraded to a Moon Sanctuary which was amazing. I can't speak for the other sanctuaries as I understand they are all different. I will run out of superlatives so take it as read that the food, sanctuary, staff and beaches were all superb. We were All Inclusive which I highly recommend as you will rack up serious charges otherwise.

The staff are delightful. Every person, maintenance, shuttles, butlers, bar, restaurants, beach - all stop and say hello and wish you a good day, which felt genuine. I can't single one out above another as it wouldn't be fair - and I can't single out one for bad service either because that doesn't exist at Jade Mountain.

It was utterly delightful in every way. My only note of caution would be for those who find steps a problem. Everywhere within the Jade Mountain resort involves lots of steps. It is a steep but manageable walk through the Anse Chastanet resort to the beaches but the shuttles will take you up or down as soon as you ask.

The snorkelling was not the best but the Water Sports team are great and boats will take you to better areas.

Jade Mountain is an amazing concept and I genuinely think they have thought of everything. The Orientation Tour on our first full day was an absolute must - and take the time to walk around to Anse Memin beach. We didn't go anywhere else because it was so quiet and lovely. The bar and grill there made lunch every day a delight.

The walk with Meno through the plantation was informative and fun. Highly recommended.

In fact, that's all I can say about Jade Mountain - amazing and highly recommended all round.

Room Tip: Every room was different. We loved our JC3 Sanctuary and the open wall concept is amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WendyHP
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Hands down one of the nicest and most unique hotels I have ever stayed in. Gorgeous views, attentive staff, great food.

This a hotel for couples who are intimately acquainted, as is evidenced by most of the bathrooms being without walls...

The diving is also really lovely here, and can be done from the beach of the sister resort below, Anse Chastanet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We just came back from a 6 night trip (3 night stay at Sugar Beach and 3 nights at Jade). Jade Mountain is hands down the best resort we have ever been to. Even tops the Four Seasons Bora Bora. The property is obviously stunning, but the service and food are what solidify its true 5 star status. I cannot say enough good things. It was on our bucket list and blew our high expectations out of the water!

I liked doing a combo trip with some beach and some mountain. We booked through Mitch at TripGuy Travel and he made it all so easy, plus has the insider industry knowledge to recommend exactly what fits your preferences.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank WillTravelForWine
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this resort and we can not say enough about the property and staff. We were in sanctuary E2 just below the restaurant. Both Vitto, Christius and all the staff provided excellent service.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RaulG2578
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Jade Mountain is a unique and exceptional property. It is situated on a hillside above its sister resort, Anse Chastanet, overlooking Anse Chastanet Bay and the Pitons. The views and vistas are breathtaking from every angle. We were there for our honeymoon and stayed in room JA2, which is on one of the lower levels of Jade. Although our room did not have its own private suspended bridge leading into the room, it was otherwise perfectly situated for the amazing views, which we could never get enough of both day and night. The architecture of the hotel lives up to the hype. Like some elf-kingdom from Lord of the Rings, the hotel appears suspended on a hillside with a labyrinth of connecting stone stairways, bridges and corridors. Each room has its own unique design elements and we loved our infinity pool with its glistening iridescent tiles, beautiful open balcony and super comfy king-sized bed. We loved how open and airy the room felt, cooled by the 5-6 overhead fans and ocean breezes. I miss our midnight swims, staring up at the countless stars and the deep purple outline of the Pitons. I am an early riser so I was not bothered by the birds or the light (they do provide eye patches) and loved the feeling of waking up to nature. There was also a 7 am yoga class each morning on the rooftop terrace that I enjoyed. It should be noted that if you have any health condition that prevents you from walking up and down some fairly steep stairs and roadways, this may not be the property for you. However, we enjoyed the challenge and the exercise from our room to Jade's rooftop restaurant and down the steep path to the scuba center and the beaches below. I was glad I left my high heels at home. As for the beaches, if you are looking for white and sandy, you will not find them here. The sand is volcanic, so it is darker in color. That being said, the main beach boasts a well-equipped scuba, snorkeling and sailing center, restaurant, spa, gallery and boutiques. Scuba and snorkeling were both excellent right off the beach or have one of the scuba center's boats take you to other excellent locations nearby such as Sugar Beach (where the Viceroy and Ladera are situated) or between the Pitons. The beach also has comfortable lounge chairs reserved for hotel guests from Jade and Anse if you just want to relax and take it all in. Look out for Junior, who has worked for the hotel for 25 years and will take great care of you. He goes out of his way to remember your name and will pass you a cool Piton Beer or a towel scented with eucalyptus just when you need it! The second beach is approximately a 7 minute walk away from the main beach and is much quieter. The scuba center will also gladly shuttle you over in one of their boats. It has a beachfront grill that makes exceptional burgers and your choice of 6 or 7 beach palapas to enjoy. It also gives you easy access to jungle biking or a walk around the historic plantation. We did the jungle biking and thought it was a blast (thanks Tyson) although not for the faint of heart. Make sure you wear sneakers and longer shorts. The beach itself is not as rocky as the main beach, making swimming or snorkeling just offshore easy and enjoyable. We chose the all-inclusive meal plan and loved the food at the Jade restaurant and found the friendly service exceptional (thanks Ned!). We tried the Indian restaurant on the beach and the Treehouse and although we liked both, we liked Jade more. The view is spectacular and the food and service impeccable. We had fun doing some wine and food pairings with our server Ned and enjoyed the musical entertainment each night we dined there. Breakfast was also delicious and I still dream about the pan chocolate and yogurt parfait. We also chose to dine several mornings in our room, which was also a perfect way to start the day. We found the overall service at Jade to be outstanding. We flew in by helicopter and were immediately greeted by a warm and welcoming staff. After the ride back to the airport in a taxi, I am glad we opted for the helicopter option on our way in. There is a 2-mile stretch of narrow, steep and winding dirt road leading from the town of Soufriere to the hotel property that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up the first time we left the property. Perhaps the owners don't want you to leave? But getting back to the service, we had three rotating major domos assigned to us during our stay. Vito, Christos and Okeda made our stay so special we cannot thank them enough. From stocking our room refrigerator with our favorite drinks, bringing us snacks and cocktails in the afternoon after a hard day at the beach, making our dining reservations and setting us up on some wonderful excursions, each of our well-trained major domos provided us with friendly, knowledgeable and personal service that really took it to another level. Housekeeping is also done twice daily and our room was always exceptionally clean and well-stocked. When we returned from dinner in the evening, the candles around the pool were always lit and the bed and mosquito netting perfectly turned down. We did several activities during our stay at Jade Mountain and enjoyed each of them. I previously mentioned the scuba, snorkeling and jungle biking. We also did the "Jazzy Sunset Cruise" which was a lot of fun and so was our half-day private sailing charter that allowed us to see most of the west coast of the island. The volcano and sulphur springs mud bath tour was a great experience but I recommend going early before the cruise ship daytrippers descend on the place. On our way back from the volcano, we stopped at Jade's Emerald Farms to see where the hotel grows its own food. Edwin took us on a tour and we loved every minute, especially when he showed us how cocoa beans are harvested. Back at Jade, Peter, the hotel's resident chocolatier, showed us the true art of chocolate making in his lab. We loved making our own bonbons and chocolate bars that you can also purchase in the hotel's boutique. Get Peter a bigger lab! Finally, we both had sunset massages on the balcony of our room. If you do not do anything else during your stay at Jade, do this. You will not be disappointed.
My husband and I cannot say enough good things about our honeymoon experience at Jade Mountain, only that we wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks for the wonderful memories!

Room Tip: We were happy with JA2 but rooms on the upper floors have their own private bridge and probably more of a breeze. Views were amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple