1,037 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun suiteour honeymoonanse chastanettotal romance packageclub restauranthelicopter rideonce in a lifetimejazzy cruisejungle bikingsister hotelopen bathroom
Reviewed 22 January 2018

To set the tone of this review, going to start with a story. When our butler asked after our first night there, is there anything they could do to make our stay perfect I mentioned the bed was a little hard. I asked for a mattress topper but when we returned from lunch they had brought us a new mattress. It was that level of service. Everything was perfect, the room, the view the food, the beach and the service. If money is no object, then this is the place you want to go.

One thing we didn't like was it was an hour drive to the resort and the final road up the mountain was really bumpy - not the resorts issue.

We don't normally do all inclusive because of all the limitations. This one was great. The house wines, champagnes and drinks were fantastic. Meals were always included and there was no limit or time restrictions.

The theme here is nature, so if you don't like birds in your room, food grown on the property and one wall missing in your room - don't go. Otherwise, this is a complete immersion into nature that is impossible to beat. The pictures are real, and not doctored.

Room Tip: AC only in the lower rooms but not great views, higher up the better.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My husband and I visited for our 2nd anniversary and we could not have been more impressed! We were concerned regarding the open air rooms prior to going (we are from Texas and my husband is pretty warm natured) it wasn't an issue at all. Our visit was in August. Another few concerns prior to arriving were mosquitos and creatures of any sort having access to our room- again, a total non issue. The ONLY animals we spotted in our room were the birds and that was primarily in the morning. We were given a small water gun to spray the one or two that popped in our room and it wasn't a problem. The service was impeccable and the resort itself has such an interesting history. I loved reading about the construction (they had binders with magazine articles detailing it in the rooms) and the heart that went into building such a fantastic place. You are truly isolated and don't really meet other hotel guests- which was fine with us! The infinite pool in our room- I really cannot describe it. Our Major Domos were amazing and truly took care of our every need. From arranging a day trip on a private yacht for the two of us, to escorting us to dinner or arranging for us to eat in our room or scheduling a day trip with a private driver and guide to the mud baths and volcanos. Your every desire is there! If you do go, make sure you go down to the 'second beach' and order the burger. Sounds silly but you won't be disappointed!!! We plan to come back and simply cannot wait!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Melanie L
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Travelled in January with my husband and 22 year old son, and stayed in a Star sanctuary for one week. This place is every bit as magnificent as advertised. There is a reason it is one of the top resorts in the Caribbean! Some points:
1. Mosquitos never a problem. They "fogged" them one day we were there. Only had to use bug spray while jungle biking. No one was bitten.
2. Only a resort for the able bodied. Do not wait for retirement to visit. There is more to do if you are fit.
3. Ate at Jade Club for dinner for 5 nights. No repetition of fish entrees. Had kingfish, dorado, mahi-mahi, snapper, spiny lobster, crab, shrimp and even eel. Octopus also on the menu. All presented beautifully and tasted delicious. Ate at Apsara for 2 nights on the beach-- also delicious if you like Indian food.
4. We visited the volcano, botanical gardens, and Emerald farm. Well worth a morning visit. Kayaked to Soufriere and saw booby birds in their nests, and a bat cave. Chartered a catamaran along the north coast for snorkeling and saw dolphins. Snorkeled at Anse Chastanet beach every day. Went jungle biking one morning. But maybe the best activity of all was a visit to the chocolate lab, where we made our own chocolate bar! All ingredients from St. Lucia.
5. Although the rainy season is supposedly over, it rained every day for several minutes. Bring a hat. Umbrellas in the room. The rain did not prevent any activities.
6. We had the half board meal plan, or MAP, which included breakfast and dinner. Plenty for us, especially with the bento box every afternoon. We ordered alcohol by the glass, which we found was excellent quality, especially the rose from Provence.
7. Al and Jameel were excellent major dooms--thanks! But all staff were kind and friendly.

In summary, a fantastic vacation if you love snorkeling, birds, kayaking, gourmet food, hiking, mountain biking, and sun, along with your own private infinity pool. The sand is dark (volcanic), but soft. Not the best beach in the Caribbean, but nice shaded thatched umbrellas at the beach. We would go back.

Room Tip: The Star sanctuary (JD2) had a perfect size infinity pool for us. Music at night from restaurant heard until 10 pm, but quiet.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank WesternMassfamily
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Amazing place however, the drive to the place is ridiculous I had travel sickness by the time I got there it will take about 2 hours from Caastries by car I would recommend going by boat or air, but a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget we went for food here I think it cost us about 350 for two people :)

Room Tip: The view from the top is amazing
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charlmc2008
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Wow!! Different level of experience. I can not recommend jade mountain enough. Take the helicopter for a true experience. The pool in the room was so spectacular. I can’t wait to go back. We are divers. Scuba was world class

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple