1,070 results
All reviews major domo jade mountain moon sanctuary star sanctuary infinity pool bento box sun room moon room anse chastanet our honeymoon helicopter ride club restaurant total romance package once in a lifetime sister hotel open bathroom jungle biking
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The rooms and views at jade mountain are one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The hotel's setting, architecture, and design, are so unique and so spectacular that you are guaranteed to have an experience you will never forget.

Some of the reviews I had read before arriving at Jade Mountain made me believe that the resort would feel a bit like camping. Reviewers assured those not fond to the camping experience would not enjoy this resort. As a person who hates camping and loves convenience, I would like to clarify that Jade Mountain is absolutely NOT like camping in any way. Getting anything you want, whenever you want it, without having to move a single finger, is not camping. Staying in one of the most beautiful bedrooms you will ever visit is not camping. If anything, I would say that this hotel allows its guests to experience the best elements of a camping experience, but in a luxurious setting and without any inconveniences.

In addition to the resort's beauty, the majordomos add to the uniqueness of this place. Our butlers were simply phenomenal. What a great touch to our vacation! The ride to the hotel is long and a little bumpy but is also a good part of the experience. The beach was also nice. It was small and felt very private. We thought it was perfect.

I made a point to look at other room types in case I ever plan another trip to Jade Mountain. The rooms in higher categories are a little nicer, but not that much nicer. If you can afford the Galaxy then go for it- it’s fantastic. But don't be disappointed if you stay at a lower category room. All rooms (including the sky - the lowest category) are really unique and beautiful and ALL seem to have wonderful views.

My biggest suggestion would be : Don't go to this hotel thinking it will be perfect. Some of the reviews make it seem that way. As beautiful as the hotel is, it does come with a few faults. Know that they exist and you won't be disappointed:

First of all the stairs! Yes they are annoying! Whoever says you get used to them is lying! There are a lot of stairs from the beach to the rooms. The climb is VERY tiring. Having said this, you always have the option of calling the shuttle. The open washrooms aren't ideal however they fit the hotel design perfectly. Also, the room is set up in a way that it’s hard to see what's going on in the bathroom if you are anywhere else in the room. The pool was definitely a problem. It was so cold. When you are paying that much money for a room, you expect to be able to fully enjoy it. It was hard to enjoy our pool given its temperature. The service can be extremely slow. We were angry on our first day as we thought we were getting terrible service. However, we soon learned it was simply a difference in cultures. St Lucians are calm and relaxed. You will always get what you want and more but you will have to wait for it a little longer than usual. Don't let this issue disappoint you, it’s just the way it is at the island. The food is not 5 star. The design of the menu is great; however they fail on the execution. Dishes are often over cooked, or served long after they are ready. I wouldn't say it was terrible, we enjoyed every meal. But we were not impressed. There were a few mosquitoes at night but nothing to complain about. I didn't even have to use mosquito repellent. I think this depends on the time of year of your travels. Finally, the water bowls that are placed outside restaurant and beach washrooms so that guests can clean their feet must be changed. Expecting people to put their feet inside extremely dirty water was disgusting.

Before I end this review, here are a few tips for you if you do end up going to Jade Mountain :

Go with the all inclusive option. Food and drink prices at the hotel are very expensive. Get room service whenever possible, especially for breakfast. Restaurant is loud and service is painfully slow when busy. You will have a much nicer experience from the room. Anticipate what you may want (be it room service, having the majordomos arrange a bubble bath for you, etc) and order at least an hour in advance. The service is very punctual if you order in advance and advise the time at which you want things. When dining at the Jade Restaurant, the pork belly and lobster are extremely good. The king fish wasn't that good. The private dinner is highly recommended. You have to go to anse mamin beach and try the burger - one of the best burgers I've ever had! Bring your own speakers so you can play music in the room. There are table games in the hotel library (located in reception) that you can borrow if it’s raining, or if you are looking to do something different. Ask when and where special events take place at the hotel (e.g. cooking class, cocktail reception, etc). The schedule as per the website was not accurate and we missed out on events we wanted to attend. Finally, we saved some money by arranging our own transportation. It seems that the hotel charges a premium for organizing the transportation for you. If you have the time, there are some options online at cheaper prices. I highly recommend Fabian. You can email him at: info@fabiantoursstlucia.com.

That's it! Enjoy!!!! If you like discovering unique places then this place should definitely be on your list!

6  Thank NYCnana
Reviewed 5 April 2011

The service is unbelievable. Many places try but they get it. They understand quality service. The views from the room are unbelievable. The location is wonderful. I've read reviews on here that mentioned low quality - I don't know who that was - they picture they submitted was unimpressive. I assume that person complains about everything and couldn't enjoy a vacation if they tried.

Jade Mountain is on a mountain so keep that in mind if you're going to the beach. Going more than twice a day would be annoying but your room will be so awesome you'll hardly be leaving more than twice. You can layout, swim, and drink your room so the beach is nice but not 100% necessary. The steps have been mentioned on here a lot. It's really not that bad. There's a shuttle but we never took it. The food you're eating is so wonderful and so available everywhere and all the time that you'll be glad to have 4 minutes of climbing.

The bugs aren't bad at all. We stayed a week and probably had 5 bug bites a piece. Not an issue. The way the room is always open to the outside is almost unbelievable how only the good parts of nature are apparent. I never saw any random bugs in the bathroom or in the bed or in my shoes (or really anywhere). The birds only came near you when you had your food out, but it wasn't a big deal - they weren't flying around the room or anything. They are scared of you anyway. I saw a gecko on the wall once. And there was never a huge gust of wind that ruined papers sitting out or anything. It was crazy how it's set up not to be annoying but to be able to enjoy the nature. You won't be able to sleep in though - the sunlight comes in early.

Privacy is not an issue. We never saw another guest even while looking for someone from our balcony. We also didn't really hear anyone near us. Just the birds chirping.

Tips: bring some bug spray just in case. Don't try to swim early in the morning or late in the evening. The pools are cold since the water flows constantly and never sits still in the sun. Use your major domo to your advantage. They do everything for you. Order drinks and food long before you actually want them. It can take a while, but your on island time so who cares? They have a hairdryer in the room and an electric outlet converter. Eat at the Jade Mountain Club as often as possible. It's the best food I've ever had. Five stars all the way. When you order room service, order anything you want. Don't feel limited to what's listed. They can bring you anything from any of their restaurants.

When you get to the UVF airport, some man will offer to take your bags. DON'T LET HIM. You carry your own bags until you get outside. You carry your own bags until you get outside. You carry your own bags until you get outside. I wish I had paid more attention to this because even though I read there would be a man who'd roll your bags 10 feet and request a tip (and even BREAK my handle), how are you to know who's from Jade Mountain and who's requesting tips?? You carry your own bags until you get outside.

Room tip: We loved JB3!
Date of stay: March 2011
4  Thank Girl170
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Jade Mountain is a most unusual sanctuary experience. The rooms are magnificent with open views to ocean and infinity pools in each room. Beach is quiet, but coral reefs nearby provide excellent snorkeling and diving opportunities. You can be as active or you wish or do nothing for your entire stay. The staff are friendly and meet your every need. When you return from dinner every night, candles are lit in your room - this and many other details make it a truly romantic get-away.

1  Thank orpheus
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Jade Mountain is simply amazing. The setting is spectaclar, and the rooms being open to the Caribbean and the Pitons is unique. And, the service could not be better. Some specifics:

Room: We stayed in a "Moon" villa (sorry - I just can't bring myself to call them "sanctuaries"). You enter throught a 45 foot hallway, about ten feet wide, with 14 foot ceilings. The villa is quite spacious - king four-poster bed, desk, a love seat, coffee table and side chairs overlooking the private infiniity pool and the Pitons, and a reading area. The villa is done in beautiful woods and stone, and the view is stunning. The lack of the fourth wall gives a unique and amazing feel. You are in nature, but in an incredibly luxurious and romantic setting.

The bathrorom is elevated three feet, with a three foot wall separating it from the main area, but no doors. Suprisingly, this is not a problem, as from the living area you can only see the shoulders and head of the person in the bathroom area. The whole "openness" (including the bathroom) gives a feel of serenity that really can't be described.

The infinity pool is also spectular, as the villas are essentially on a cliff - views are amazing. Calling it a "plunge" pool does not do it justice, as ours was about 30 feet long, and five feet deep. The pools are not heated, so they can be cool at night, but very pleasant. The villas are not free standing, but are very private - you cannot see anyone else from your villa, and we rarely heard anyone else.

Because the rooms are open, you will hear the sounds of nature - waves from the shore below, birds and other rainforest wildlife. When the wind blows, you will experience it. The bed has mosquito netting, but we saw no insects. But birds will come into you room. There is no air conditioning, but this was not a problem at all. Daytime temperatures were about 82, and mid 70's at night.

The villas have refrigerators which were stocked with beverages, and a coffe maker and teapot, but no other technology - no phone, tv, radio or clock (though they can provide wi-fi on request). Given the design and setting of the villa, a tv would be totally out of place. I know that sounds weird, but that's how unique Jade is.

I can understand why some people never leave their villas - they are beautiful and peaceful.

Service: Unlike anything I've experienced. You are given a Firefly to summon a private assistant ("major domo") anytime, and for any reason, from 7 am to 11 pm. They will cater to your neeeds, arrange for restaurant reservations, in-room meals, picnics - whatefer you need. They also provided us with some very thoughtful services that we didn't even ask for - pleasant surprises.

Everyone we interacted with - major domos, wait staff, beach attandants, etc. - was extremely freindly and pleasant. If we came back from a hike, for example, one of the grounds keepers started talking with us, asking where we had been, hoping we had enjoyed it, etc. This was typical of our stay. This has not always been my experience in the Caribbean, but Jade (and Anse Chastenet) do an exceptional job. Moreoverr, they have a huge staff, so they are able to provide truly exceptional service. If you order breakfast at 8:30, it comes at 8:30. Not 8:25, not 8:35.

Beach: The beach is spacious with lounge chairs and thatch-roof shelters. Attendants will help you select a location and set it up with towels, etc. The sand is slightly gray, as is common on volcanic islands. Water was clean and warm.

The service on the beach was impeccable. There is a flag to signal for service, and if you put it in the ground, someone will come to take your order immediately. Not only drinks, but lunch and snacks can be brought to your lounge chair. When you are done, someone magically appears to remove your plates - just an amazing level of service. The beach also has Kayaks, windsurfers, sailboats and snorkeling equipment.

The beach is about a five minute walk downhill from Jade. It's about 120 steps, up to the reception area at Anse Chastenet, then a three minute walk (uphill) to Jade. They will shuttle you if you wish, but we always walked.

Ther's a sencond beach that can be accessed by water taxi or a five minute walk. It is also attended, and has a bar and restaurant, but was nealry private - at most there were five or six other peple there at any time.

Food/Drink/Entertainment: We had the all-inclusive plan, which I recommend. The Jade Club is a restaurant exclusive to Jade that it s at the top of the Jade complex. Like the rest of Jade, it overlooks the Caribbean and the Pitons, and is open in that direction. The food is really exceptional. Three or Five Course meals are ordered form a menu (no buffet!) inclding steak, lobster, fresh tuna, as well as some Caribbean and Asian influnced dishes. Service was extremely friendly, though intentionally leisurely - if you are in a hurry, you should say so. They also serve breakfast and lunch - when we were there, almost no one ate lunch there, so it was like having a private restaurant.

The beach restaurant was very good for lunch, but not great for dinner. There are also some restaurants at mid-level (Anse Chastenet reception) that were ok, but not of the quality of the Jade Club.

unlike some all-inclusives, jade and Anse Chastenet do not encourage drinking. There are or course bars, but they are pretty low key, and no self-service beer or wine taps. Definitely not a "party" atmosphere. Entertainment was minimal - some steel drum and raggae bands, and a pretty good sax player at the Jade Club.

Overall, Jade is a five star quality resort in a spectaclar setting. I can't wait to go back!

5  Thank Ken556
Reviewed 15 February 2011

There are a lot of reviews that go into a lot of detail on this site - all of which are entirely accurate. So instead of me rehashing those, I just wanted to say that this is one of the most phenomenal resorts in the world I have stayed at. Everything is beyond expectation - this includes the beauty of the island, the resort facilities, staff, food, etc, etc - everything was flawless!!

If there is even a bit of doubt about whether to stay here or not - there shouldn't be. Know that every dollar you spend here is worth it. You'd be hard pressed to experience this resort and it's level of service anywhere else. And whilst it's a high end resort, you can just as easily spend your time in shorts and t-shirts as it's so relaxed and friendly.

Most people say that staying at Jade is a once in a lifetime experience, but I am going to make sure it's not for me!

Date of stay: September 2010