1,272 results
All reviewshillside deluxeair conditioningbeach levelvegetarian restaurantjade mountaintreehouse restaurantbeach grilljungle bikingmeal planst luciascuba divingpremium roomdive shopdive staffopen airdive masterour honeymoon
Reviewed 15 August 2006

iI've been to Anse Chastanet hotel to times in 12 years and I have sent dozens of people--ceo's, publishers, sports stars to the place and they are still thanking me.
To me the place is heaven on earth--see my web site [---]for many photos of my adventures there.
Take a week in paradise at Anse Chastanet, BILL BOGGS

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BILLBOGGS
Reviewed 14 August 2006

It may be apocryphal, but the word is that when the intrepid star of the Indiana Jones movies pitched up here he almost never made it. Harrison Ford knows a thing or two about rough terrain but when the fearless actor saw the approach to Anse Chastanet he threatened to turn back.The road twisting along a precipitous cliff edge in south west St.Lucia is only part of the adventure though for some it can be a rude awakening.
it's an extraordinary establishment on several counts, not least a year round occupancy of over 90%, testimony to its enduring appeal and charm.First class service, by no means a given in the Caribbean, from a dedicated long term team, and consistently ingenious "tropical world" cuisine masterminded by west Yorkshire's finest John Bentham in a staggering mountain rainforest and beach setting are the defining hallmarks. (The resort's visionary owner architect Nick Troubetzkoy prefers roadkill but manicou stew has not yet made the menu) Excellence is one thing, maintaining it quite another, and 49 idiosyncratic villas are now augmented by 30 new suites with vast infinity edge pools at Jade Mountain Retreat close by. Stunning vistas of the twin pyramidal peaks of the Pitons are a feature, and nowhere is marred by aircon, telephone or TV; sounds are restricted to the mountain breeze and birdsong; Birdwatching is up front and personal at Anse Chastanet--at breakfast the Lesser Antillean Bullfinch, the male as black as coal with a crimson bib, fixes you with a quizzical stare then pinches sugar sachets from under your nose; Bananaquits follow suit but all defer to the evil eyed Grackle. Miniature water pistols come with the cutlery but hey, birds need breakfast too.
Hiking, mountain biking,and diving on a world class offshore reef are more energetic diversions but the hotel's beguiling ambience is the real draw.Having travelled the region extensively for 30 years, this is a singular place which never palls.
Stephen Thorpe

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
10  Thank StephenThorpe
Reviewed 14 August 2006

My husband and I decided to get married in St Lucia. We did a lot of research on different resorts and at the end choose Anse Chastanet. We are both from different countries and had been a part for a while, so we were looking for quiet and magnificent place where we could be reunited. We got everything what we were looking for and even more. Our holiday and the wedding day couldn’t be better. We stayed in Pintsetia 3B room with ocean and Pitons view on different sides. We got a plate of Caribbean fruits to welcome us. We used almost all our vouchers that were included in the package. All organized excursions were excellent and very interesting. The Staff at the resort, tour guides and instructors were very friendly and helpful. The restaurants offered different food everyday and everything at the highest standard.

Wedding. I started our wedding day with 4 hours pampering at the SPA. The service was excellent from Swedish massage, through manicure, facial and my hairdo. I have also received 20% discount on my purchase. We choose beach for our wedding location. Peter, the manager, came personally to take me to the place where ceremony took place. I got beautiful bouquet made of Caribbean flowers. The ceremony was held by local minister who was very friendly and had personalized speech. This really made us feel special. After the ceremony we had chocolate cake and champagne. We made few friends on holiday and they all came to share with us this special day. We were a little sad not to have our family with us but the Staff did everything what they could to make us feel special and it all worked out very well. We also booked dinner at the beach on our wedding day. It was unforgettable experience worth spending extra money. The next day we took private sunset cruise which was amazing and very romantic with complementary bottle of champagne. I can truly say that Anse Chastanet provides very unique wedding experience opposite to other resorts that held few weddings a day.

We definitely are planning to go back ….

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple
10  Thank PatiOgi
Reviewed 10 August 2006

My wife and I were guests of Anse Chastanet in January of this year. Would we go back? Definitely!!! The service was excellent, the food amazing and the location with the views to the Pitons is breathtaking. We had a great time chatting with the locals and staff. The St. Lucians are very friendly. Our stay overall was exceptional. We have heard that the owner is a character, but extremely concerned about the quality of stay for guests at his resort. The staff seemed to reflect this by being concerned for our safety and well-being.
Should next winter come too soon and be bleak and dreary, Anse Chastanet will be high on our list for a vacation in paradise.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
9  Thank albertwoods
Reviewed 8 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at Anse Chastanet at the end of July 2006. On arrival we were welcomed with cold face towels and a lovely cocktail with a sugar cane stirrer. The perfect reception after a 10 and half hour flight and 1 hour transfer.

We were taken to our beachside deluxe room and I thought I was in heaven. The room was spectacular much bigger then expected. It had its own hammock and large patio. It had a small fridge which was stocked with a welcome fruit platter, wine, beer and soft drinks. This was great but after reading the resort guide I saw that you had to pay for restocking. I think this is just stupid since we were all inclusive. You can have as many Piton beers at the bars included but if you want them in you fridge you have to pay. It wasn’t that much of a problem though since the 2 bars were only a short walk away.

We went snorkelling every day since theres plenty of ocean life in the sea and I did not see 1 jellyfish. We went all inclusive. The first few days I lost my appetite. I guess this was due to jet lag and humidity. But I soon got it back! We loved the cocktails especially the frozen coco loco and camillas voodoo!

The food in my opinion was good. I did find the evening meals a little “samey”. There was always Dorado, mahi mahi or kingfish on the menu. My husband thought the food was fantastic. The Indian/carribean restaurant on the beach made a nice change. Duck with bananas was my husbands favourite. Breakfast was excellent. You could have coconut bread, creole bread, fruit, sausage, bacon, eggs. My favourite were the fresh pancakes and omlettes made to order while you watch. Lunch was equally good, so much to choose from on the menu! I was never a big fish fan but since coming back I am hooked!

The beach was wonderful. It was spotlessly clean. I loved the “cous cous” huts and beach service. There were a few concerns with the Anse Chastanet but Livia helped us very well. Thank you Livia!

All in all my husband and I had a fantastic 2 weeks I will never forget. It was my first time in St Lucia and hopefully not my last. The St Lucians are very friendly and I cannot fault the service at all.

The entertainment was just “ok”. It did get repetitive after the first week but was still enjoyable.

The main problem I had during my stay was the excursions run from the resort. They had quite a choice but none of the holiday makers booked them. Many of them needed a minimum of 4 people to take place but we were let down on many occasions because of this. You fill in an excursion interest sheet at the excursion desk and hope that some other people join you, but it never happened. I feel the resort do not promote their excursion enough and so for the people who want to explore the island and leave the resort for a few hours this is a disappointment. The social desk lady was very helpful though and arranged our own taxi for the Southern Tour.

The Searenity yacht sail is a definite must, it is gorgeous! The trips to Anse Mamin and Magretout Waterfall were also excellent. Thank you Meno (the guide) for helping us make this a wonderful vacation.

If I could do it all over again I would spend I week at Anse Chastanet for the beautiful scenery and service and 1 week further north for more entertainment and aircon. Boy was it hot at night!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple