I honestly can't understand the terrible reviews. I stayed at the morgan bay with my husband 31/01/12-10/02/12 and had a wonderful time. A few of the negative things we knew before we came ie distance from the airport and the cloudy sea. But some of the other negatives we never experienced on arrival we were met with a delicious drink and a cold face cloth we checked in and were taken to our room 549. The member of staff who took us to our room was incidentally the only one we tipped until the day we left. Our room was lovely and clean and an upgrade from what we paid we were very happy with it. Natacha the virgin rep very helpfully books you in for a couple of nights at the restaurants so the first few nights were sorted and we had no problem with booking other reservations. We ate in all the restaurants our favourite being bambou. But the were all nice my favourite meals being breakfast and the lovely omelettes. The palms was always good the only night we didnt really enjoy was french night! The cats were NOT a problem and didnt beg for food nor were the birds and i'm pretty scared of birds. We never once had a problem getting served at the bars and we didnt tip!!! The beach is small but adequate we never had a problem getting loungers the only irritating thing was people putting towels on them and never returning but hardly the hotels fault.
The entertainment was ok a bit repetitive after 10 nights but on the whole we enjoyed it. The staff at the resort were all very helpful and friendly.
Can't comment on the watersports as we didnt do them. The resort is well situated, we took the bus to rodney bay which was very easy and very cheap.
I would honestly recommend this resort to anyone and would definately return one day. The change of ownership can only be a good thing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet