Just returned from two wonderful weeks at East Winds Inn.
When we arrived the hotel had 20% occupancy. A blip for such a popular hotel and bad luck for us but after a few days things returned to normal and there was a good atmosphere to the place.
I was struck by how quickly we became part of the East Winds way of life. It has the most amazing laid back feel, totally unpretentious, very rustic but still delivering exceptional service. I will not even start to mention names as all the staff are brilliant.
Two tiny comments though. Mosquitos love socialising with the guests in the Bamboo Bar in the evening, especially when seated at the bar. They are a nuisance!
The evening meals are superbly cooked and presented but personally i would have liked to have one choice on the menu of something more regional and spicy. Some of the dishes were a little bland but that might just be me.
We met some wonderful people and enjoyed some fun evenings. Thank you to all for providing a laugh and some interesting cocktail ideas!
Will we return? ...... Love to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet