We have just returned from a weeks stay at Calabash Cove on a AI staying in a Ocean View Room
We had the best time - we were given room 209 - I emailed the hotel before our arrival and asked for a vaulted ceiling room and that's what we got - the ceiling was about 16 foot high and gave the room a lovely airy feel.
Was beautiful, stocked with a fridge full of drink - gin, rum, wine, vodka, whiskey ,beer and all the mixers, and a coffee machine
There is a great hairdryer in the rooms, so no need to bring one, and bathrobes and a safe, and a huge jacuzzi bath if you need an iron and ironing board, housekeeping will deliver it to your room
Barbara kept our room lovely and dressed our bed with towel animals and flowers - she is a very nice lady and re-supplied anything that we had used - and the most beautiful views from the balcony
Fantastic - great choice everyday - and with the specials, it was always changing - if anything, the portions are a little on the large side! lovely restaurant again with breathtaking views
Stunning pool and great bar men in Jonathon and Lance - they mixed some great drinks and were a laugh around the pool
We also ate lunch a few times from the pool menu and we enjoyed them as well
This is what makes this hotel such a great place - because of the size of it 26 rooms, the staff get to know you as well as you getting to know them, everyone knew ours names, which I really liked - and they are all really lovely genuine people
Special mention to LILY - a lovely lady and great bartender - loved a chat with Lily in the evenings around the bar
Lance and Jonathon - great banter from these two - good fun
Unita - The Manager, very likeable, makes you feel at ease - and will sort any thing out for you
To name a few more - Rohan
Had 2 Spa treatments as well which were excellent
Thank you Calabash Cove for a great holiday - "we loved it"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet