2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed a week with friends for our first Carribean holiday - it was out of this world. So much more than we expected. The people were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The views from our Estate Villa were awesome especially from the infinity plunge pool on the terrrace - the holiday was fabulous from the pick up at the airport by our taxi driver Stephenson who met us with iced drinks to our taxi ride back to Hewanorro at the end of our stay. The onsite facilities were second to none and we wanted for nothing. A fantastic holiday all round and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We own timeshare here and come out to St Lucia quite frequently. Our villa, 212, had been freshly painted, the guttering cleared and the tiles fixed. Therefore we had no leaks for once!. The wooden balcony had also been redone - and better than before. The jacuzzi bubbled but did not heat. This was eventually fixed much to my relief as I love relaxing in a warm jacuzzi and watching the stars.

The bed has a lovely deep mattress topper and I had really good nights sleep whilst there.

We were very lucky with the weather during our stay and had gorgeous clear nights with an increasingly full moon. During the day we had a mixture of sunshine and clouds which was perfect for me.

I had a pedicure and eyelash tint at the Spa and Juliana was excellent. All the spa ladies are good. I ran out of time to go back and have a massage!

We ate at Upper Deck, Papa Dons and Jammers and also on the island in and around Rodney Bay and down to Ti Kaye. Upper Deck was good. The soups and salads at Jammers were great and I loved the Korean Beef BBQ. Mango Crush was my favourite cocktail. Papa Dons were also very good and I loved the Pesto veg pasta.

The staff at Jammers were more attentive than previously and there was a good atmosphere there. Ernest, Barry, Traverne, Jeff and others all have their personalities and are fun. Unfortunately Jammers ran out of top shelf drinks such as Absolute vodka and Gordons Gin two days running. This was eventually replenished. Bombay Sapphire never made an appearance sadly

We were lucky enough to catch the 20/20 cricket match between the Windward islands and Trinidad. Benton kindly arranged tickets for us and we ended up sitting amongst the "Windjammer Massive" group on the Tuesday night. We had a ball and I would definitely go again. This was St Lucia at its very best. Friendly noisy, dancing and fun! When Darren Sammy went in to bat the noise was deafening, especially when he hit a six! I would recommend this as it is only a short ride from Windjammer to the Beausejour cricket ground and easy to get taxis afterwards.

Housekeeping in the villa was generally good and the villa kept very clean. I noticed that there was more floor washing then previously. Mathilde looked after us well however, the service on the days she was off ranged from good to patchy. Maintenance came in at one point to fix the switch between shower and tap and left bits around and in the bath! We then couldn't use it properly but they came the next day and finished the job!

As we were staying two weeks we had the minor inconvenience of having to get our keys reset on the middle Saturday. The shuttle drivers were very patient and made sure that we could get into our villa before leaving. We were situated quite high up so it would have been an issue if we got locked out. Somebody get Davidson a proper badge, he is no longer a trainee! I was very impressed with all their driving abilities, particularly being able to reverse down the steep hill from 212!

Watersports were great and I must mention Romanus here. A star spotter of fish, eel, octopus and even a seahorse on the daily Windjammer snorkel trip. Sometimes it was just us two and it was rather wonderful. Gordon Michaud runs a very good operation and I noticed all the staff giving lessons and making sure peoples' first time at HobieCats etc. was a good experience. Diving was good with East Caribbean Divers and I have written a separate report on this. We went down to the pitons and I had two great personal dives. I was very disappointed not to get my first night dive in though. Something went wrong with the booking and I saw a beautiful sunset from the watersports deck, waited for some time, but nobody showed up! Maybe next time......This was my one disppointment the entire holiday so not bad really considering we were there for 2.5 weeks!

Checkout was smoother than previously, Windjammer have improved greatly in their front desk area and systems. Common areas were clean.

During the second week we were "invaded" by a large group of American Morticians who got a bit noisy at Jammers and in the main pool. We tended to go up to our villa early. They were very friendly at Jammers in the evening.

We tried the Friday night Texan BBQ on recommendation of other guests who regularly go in January. . Although the food was good I have to say that it is really not my thing (sorry Bill Munn!) but I am glad I tried it. The food was good value, but, once wine was added the bill came to roughly the same that we would spend for an evening at East Winds or Jacques so worth putting into proportion. The pulled pork and beef were good, the puddings had too much gelatin in them for my taste. Soup and mashed potatoes were fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Had a few days break at this fantastic jewel of a resort. Safe and secure on a hillside villa with stunning views. Thanks to Kadria who manages the site we were well looked after and had a great time with water sports and sunbathing. St lucia is gorgeous and a visit to the Pitons and the volcano topped it off. This has to be a top place to stay . Food, value, music, quiet. Well done and please thank all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rogerCaymanIslands
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed at Windjammer Landing Resort from January 5 – January 12, 2013.
Our transfers were through Island Routes and the trip from the Airport was about 1 hr 15 minutes. On the way to the resort we were the only people in the van and on the way back we picked up 6 other people from other resorts. The drive was absolutely beautiful. The entire island of St Lucia looks like a postcard so it made the drive very enjoyable. We arrived at the resort and were greeted with cool wash clothes and complimentary rum punches.
This resort was situated on a mountain which made for great views from almost all the rooms but be aware that there is a lot of walking up steep hills and stairs. We booked a standard oceanview room. The room ended up being way up on the mountain and we found the stairs too much for my aunt. We had the shuttle driver bring us back to the lobby and we requested a room on a ground floor without so many stairs. The manager suggested we go have lunch and he would find us a better room and would bring us the keys at the restaurant. We had a delicious lunch at Jammers and the manager brought us our room keys and had already delivered our luggage to the room. We were upgraded to the Hibiscus room with a nice pool and a great view of the ocean. Our room was good size with a large bathroom with a nice soaking tub and a separate shower. It had a huge walk-in closet, plenty of drawer space and was very clean. The maids were excellent. Bed was very comfortable.

The Windjammer has 5 restaurants. The food overall was very good. A couple of our meals were really delicious. We especially liked the Upper Deck and Papa Dons for dinner. And Jammers and Embers were great for lunch. We really didn’t eat breakfast most days. The Windjammer is all inclusive if you choose. On most vacations I do all-inclusive. Love the convenience and it is usually the way to go if you like to eat and drink all day. We did not opt to go all inclusive and wondered if we were going to regret it seeing most people posting reviews commented that the food and drinks were very expensive. We ate and drank all we wanted every day and definitely made out better not doing the AI. We saved hundreds of dollars.
It is about 10 minute/$15ew taxi ride to the north to Rodney Bay and about a 20 minutes/$25ew taxi ride to the south to the Castries. The Castries was OK if you want to save some money shopping for souvenirs. Castries has a huge shopping market where the locals sell their goods. There isn’t much else to do there so you have to make sure it’s worth the $50 taxi fare just to save a few dollars. Rodney Bay is a nicer area with bars, great restaurants and more expensive nicer shops.
The beach was very nice but small. The water was calm but not the crystal clear blue like you usually see in the Caribbean. The sunsets here are beautiful. There really any locals trying to sell you stuff on the beach like you we have seen on other islands. The whole resort was very quiet, laid back and relaxing. We actually felt like we were the only people there sometimes. Not sure if it was because the resort was not at capacity but it is definitely not a high energy party hotel.

The staff at the Windjammers were amazing. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. The shuttle drivers, reception, security guards, bartenders, wait staff and watersports guys were just so happy, friendly and helpful. The seemed to actually go out of their way to make sure you had a great vacation.

Endless Summer Catamaran
We really enjoyed our catamaran cruise to Soufriere. We were picked up at the hotel around 8:30 and brought to Rodney Bay Marina to board the boat. We sailed to Soufriere and we were given drinks and snacks. Boarded a van and were driven to the Botanical Gardens, Mud Baths, Volcano and waterfalls. We stopped for lunch at a plantation for a local St. Lucian lunch which was delicious. We boarded the catamaran again for the sail back to Rodney Bay. We stopped at Marigot Bay and a couple of other places to snorkel and swim. We returned back to the hotel around 6. Very long day but was totally worth it. Found out later that we could have taken the Jammers catamaran excursion right from the dock at the Windjammer for the same tour. Next time we would do that.
We would definitely recommend the Windjammer Landing Resort in St. Lucia for a wonderful relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JamaicaRiu
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I wanted to wait a couple of months to cool off before writing this review, I am still left bitter with my experience. I was very disappointed with my stay here back in November. We did not get the room we were expecting with a canopy bed, and complained to the front desk multiple times to get moved to a different room. They just lied to us repeatedly and said they were 'looking into it' just to get us to go away. My husbands watch also went missing from the room and he reported it to security who tried to make him feel like he was making the whole thing up, after making the report with security his watch mysteriously ended up sticking out of his suitcase (a place he would never put it). I tried out the spa which was pretty gross, there was water dripping out of a speaker and no private change rooms. I had a staff member walk by me at the spa and she made fun of me for 'flashing' her while attempting to change for an appointment, completely embarassing! This hotel really ruined my whole impression of Saint Lucia.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family