2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Wonderful views, clean rooms and AWESOME staff!! We travelled as a party of 5 adults and had a 2 bedroom villa booked. I contacted the hotel in advance to ask for an enclosed villa, since one of us had to sleep in the living room. Upon check in, they gave us a 3 bedroom villa, so everyone had their own room and bathroom!! We were greeted with their rum punch and cold towels which was a great treat after our drive in from the South. My parents and in-laws were impressed with all the amenities and wonderful service. Make sure you attend the Tuesday night manager event.We tried several beaches in the North, but our hotel beach was the best, plus they have free snorkelling trips daily @ 11.00 and one at 2.00 pm that costs 5 USD. Security is present and they make you feel taken care of.
Rent a car and go to the close towns of Gros Islet and Rodney Bay. Try the restaurant Golden Taste in Gros Islet and Starfish in the Rodney Bay Marina.
I would go back to the resort in a heatbeat!!!

Room Tip: Request an enclosed room / villa if you are not comfortable with the open air concept.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ChefM7
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your nice review! I'm glad you had a great stay and hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We are at the Windjammer this week. Originally we had a two bedroom open air room. I am petrified of birds although they were tiny they would come in, they changed us to a closed in beautiful room. We have not waited more than 3 minutes for a shuttle to get to our room or to the front desk. Everyone bends over backwards for you. Our plunge pool is awesome cold but awesome.. Another perk is although we are on a timeshare trade, there has been daily maid service. The beach and pool are empty I guess everyone that has their own plunge pool is using that instead. Only ate out once but just burgers they were ok. Now for the weather to cooperate. Thank you Helen for all your help you made my birthday special especiallly with this cloudy weather love the room.

Room Tip: the closed rooms have no flying bugs, birds and are cooler although bedrooms have mosquito nets and ac.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TVBGirl

Thank you for the review. I'm glad we were able to get you a fully enclosed room. Thanks for the comment about Helen and I'm happy you had a great birthday!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We read most reviews before we left and knew what to expect. I would urge you to take one time posters - positive or negative with some hesitation. Seasoned travelers and tripadvisor fans have provided some of the best information. We stayed in a one bedroom villa that we traded into from Interval International. It was a 3 story open air with air conditioned bedroom and nice bathroom on lower level. Our walk in level offered a covered patio, living room with old tv and a modern kitchen. The 3rd level was a sunny veranda with small dipping pool. The bed had a mosquito net (which seemed like a canopy bed to me :-)) and was SO comfortable. We opted for all inclusive given the remote location of the property. We ate at every restaurant - Papa Don's for outstanding lamb, pasta, veal & dorado - Upper Deck for filet, Mahi Mahi and seafood. We ate at Dragonfly every morning and enjoyed our made to order omlets & eggs (buffet or off the menu) breakfast. I had the BEST eggs I've ever had in my life there. We ordered wraps, salads and sandwiches at Embers and Jammer to eat on the beach. We drank like fish and ordered mostly from the 96 degree beach bar or Jammers. The staff is very good - almost tripping over each other to serve you - and at, for us, a welcome and slow Carribean pace. The beach was beautiful and the water sports plentiful. No reason to ever leave the resort - but we did go to the casino ($30 roundtrip cab) and a Serentiy Tour of the north part of the island. I would recommend them as well. The accomodations are a bit "rustic" compared (which is why I gave them 4 of 5 stars)to other 4-5 star hotel - but that was also, for me, the charm and beauty of the resort. When your room is open air - the birds and bugs fly through, the cats will walk in - but none of that was a problem for us. We LOVED the Windjammer - would be so tickled to go back.

Room Tip: We were in villa 152 - and we walked everywhere. I think we took a shuttle 3 x - the last to help us with luggage to the lobby. If you are further up the hill or have any kind of difficulty walking or small kids - you will absolutely need to shuttle. The good news is the shuttles are plentiful and run often.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank K C

Thank you for your thorough review! You've provided some great details that will be helpful to future guests as well as some great feedback for us! We would be tickled to have you return!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I don't have a single bad thing to say about Windjammer! Believe me, I read probably 500 reviews on the Wngjammer when my (now) husband and I decided to do a destination wedding. Do not listen to any of these bad reviews on here, those are seriously unhappy people to complain about this little piece of paradise!! I got married at the Windjammer Landing and there is absolutely nothing I would've done differently! If given the chance and the money, I would do it over and over again. Simone, (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!) the wedding coordinator, was so accomodating and helpful from start (January2011-Feb2012) to finish. About 15 guests came with us and everybody had a fanstastic time. It's the only place I've ever been to in the Carribean, and the only place I'd ever want to go back to! Our rooms were beautiful and clean. And they were all different too, which I thought was very cool. The resort was kid friendly, which was great because we brought my step daughter and she had an absolute blast and continously asks me when we are going back. One of the things I was worried about, and things that I had read from people on this website was that the Windjammer was seriously lacking when it came to food. That is just RIDICULOUS!! Everybody enjoyed ALL the food, from all the restaurants!! Especially the Upper Deck and Papa Don's. Jammers was also very good. The staff was super nice and very accomodating. When we arrived my mother and father in law were told that they didn't have the all inclusive package which- they did. It was frantic for a few minutes, but the staff fixed it promptly. My mother was also told she did not have a room, she wasn't even on the list in our party! But again, we went to have dinner and by the time we were done, her room was ready. Our room was beautifully decorated on the wedding night and everybody on staff was just so happy and friendly. My husband and I seriously spent most of the honeymoon discussing how and when we were going to be able to afford to come back. We had issues with getting our jacuzzi hot and my husband would call and they would send someone up to turn the heat on. The view from our room was incredible. Windjammer does not skimp on the alcohol, either! Barry is great. Beware the island rum!! I would say the only thing I thought was a little questionable was the fact that we decided to go snorkeling and while on the boat to leave, it just stopped. We were out of the bay area at that point and there were NO life jackets on the boat! I realize the driver does this all the time and I know they are probably very capable and knowledgeable on what to do in an emergency. However, there should always be life jackets on a boat whether on a lake or in the ATLANTIC! Luckily after about 5 min we were on our way again. Overall, we had the most amazing wedding and honeymoon and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My (now) husband and i recently had a wedding at this hotel and from all the planning to the wedding itself, Melanie our wedding coordinator made the entire process an absolute joy! She managed to keep everything official and organised, yet relaxed and calm at the same time. I had every confidence that the wedding would be amazing and she exceeded my expectations 100%! We had the most FANTASTIC day we could ever have asked for and our gang of 28 guests were equally overwhelmed with the quality of detail and informal precision of the day itself. I would recommend this hotel for a wedding, small or large to anyone. Nothing short of excellent service all round and we are eternally grateful!!!!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family